IRC log of #novawebdev for Monday, 2018-08-20

*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev08:05
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev08:42
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev09:29
jelknerGood morning, lelkneralfaro 10:09
lelkneralfarojelkner, hey good morning10:10
jelknerwe have been having a most wonderful sprint10:10
jelknerreplaceafill, mr_german, and nrcerna continued to work while i was away in san juan10:11
jelknerthey are becoming masters of our product10:11
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:11
jelknerand really learning how to hack on it10:11
jelknerand they are having so much fun it has been hard to get them to stop in the evening10:11
jelknerwe need a name for "Frankenstein"10:12
jelknerlelkneralfaro, i would like to propose "Libre Organize"10:12
jelkneri've received feedback from both rand and amity10:12
jelknerrand suggesting just "Organizer"10:13
jelknerand amity liked "eUnion Organizer"10:13
jelknerLibre Organizer is better than Open Organizer from the stand point of the FSF folks10:15
jelknerand it captures our Spanish / English roots10:15
lelkneralfaroyeah libre sounds good to me. i don't think Organize is a good one10:15
jelknerand promotes the use of the neoligism "Libre"10:15
jelknerwhich some folks in the free software community have been promoting to get around the ambiguous word "free" in English10:16
jelknerso if you are good with "Libre Organizer" I'll set up a vote so we can approve it10:16
jelkneror seek approval, that is10:17
jelknernever mind, replaceafill we won't be ready to use Libre Organizer until tomorrow10:17
jelknerso i'll just send a "without objection" email this morning10:18
jelknerwhat do you say, lelkneralfaro?10:19
lelkneralfarojelkner, sounds good to me10:20
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev10:23
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev10:24
hrodriguezGood morning, jelkner 10:24
jelknergood morning, hrodriguez 10:25
jelknerdid you see my email?10:25
hrodriguezI just text This woman Amparo10:25
hrodriguezYes, jelkner 10:25
jelknerand what did she say?10:25
hrodriguezShe said give me some hours I'll call you later10:26
jelknercool10:26
jelknerlet us know as soon as you communicate with her10:27
jelknerin other news, hrodriguez, i'm hoping you can come with me to this:10:27
jelknerhttps://ourrevolutionarlington.us/events/24/10:27
jelknerdaniela has class and can't make it10:27
jelkneras i am being constantly reminded here in el salvador10:27
jelknerfinding a way for people to make a meaningful living is at the core of what people need10:28
hrodriguezjelkner, yes I'll be able to go 10:28
jelknersuper10:28
hrodriguezThere is a dinner this week that VOICE is doing it 10:28
jelknerand it's very convenient for you, less than a block away ;-)10:28
jelknerpat wrote us about that10:29
hrodriguezYes jelkner I won't be able to go10:29
jelknerwhich day is it?10:29
jelknerwhen does daniela leave for columbia?10:30
hrodriguezThursday jelkner 10:30
jelkneri can't go either10:30
hrodriguez23 I think 10:30
jelknerso we will have to miss that one10:31
jelknerlelkneralfaro, one more question before my email10:32
lelkneralfarojelkner, shoot10:32
jelknerwhich do you prefer: "Libre Organizer" or "Libre Organize"10:32
jelkneri have no preference10:32
jelknerone is a thing10:32
jelknerone is more of an action10:32
jelknerso perhaps "Organize" is better10:33
jelknernot sure10:33
jelknerthought?10:34
lelkneralfaroLibre Organize10:35
hrodriguezjelkner, one more question 10:37
jelknershoot hrodriguez 10:38
hrodriguezThis august 25, is that day we are going to Philadelphia right? 10:38
jelkneryes10:39
hrodriguezthanks jelkner10:39
jelknerel sababdo proximo, hrodriguez 10:39
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev10:45
jelknergood morning, zOnny!10:57
jelkneri just sent an email titled "Frankenstein's new name: Libre Organize ?"10:58
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev10:59
jelknermr_german, replaceafill, and lelkneralfaro have all given the thumbs up10:59
jelknerzOnny, what do you think?10:59
jelkneri was going to do a vote on our website11:00
jelknerbut Libre Organize won't be ready til tomorrow11:00
jelkneroh zOnny 11:00
zOnnyjelkner: sound good to me11:00
jelkner"Hello World!"11:00
jelknercool11:00
jelkneri'll wait for ubuntourist, but it looks like a go11:01
jelknerthnx!11:01
jelknerlelkneralfaro, do you have a few minutes?11:02
lelkneralfarojelkner, give me about 5 minutes11:03
lelkneralfarojelkner, please11:03
jelknercool11:03
lelkneralfarojelkner, okay that took less time11:05
lelkneralfarojelkner, I'm ready when you are11:05
jelknercool11:05
jelknerjust wanted to plan the next 2 1/2 days of work for me11:06
jelknerand talk a bit about what i'm going to do when i get back11:06
jelknerfirst item: gallaudet11:06
jelkneri'm assuming you haven't heard back yet11:06
jelknercorrect?11:06
lelkneralfarojelkner, incorrect. I've received an email from Senda. things are taking steps in the right direction11:07
jelknersweet11:07
lelkneralfarojelkner, I was holding off talking to you about it until things get more finalized11:07
jelknerthat is music to my ears11:07
jelkneri'll stay out of it, then11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, but now that you ask I'm happy to give the update11:08
jelknerbut what i was going to suggest is that we basically say this to them:11:08
jelknerACTION waits for the update11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, that was the update :)11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, on my end11:08
jelknercool11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, until a contract is signed I hold off of feeling relief11:09
jelknerok, what i want to tell them is that we at nova web development want to keep our main developer available for their very important project11:09
jelknerfor september and october11:09
jelknerbut we need to have an agreement with them by beginning of september to be able to do that11:10
lelkneralfarojelkner, yes the details of the agreement they sent me in a memorandum say 100 hours from September 1 - October 3111:10
jelknersomething like that11:10
jelknersuper!11:10
lelkneralfarojelkner, in fact they just got back to me agreeing that they would like me to send the consulting agreement11:10
lelkneralfarojelkner, so I'll put that together today and get things moving towards us both signing11:10
jelknerperfect11:11
jelknerok, next item11:12
jelknerlelkneralfaro, we want zOnny involved in this item11:13
jelknerzOnny, are you here?11:13
jelkneroh zOnny 11:14
jelknerACTION twiddles his thumbs waiting for zOnny 11:14
zOnnyjelkner: yes11:14
jelknerdo you have a minute to chat with lelkneralfaro and me?11:15
zOnnyjelkner: ok11:15
jelknerso, mr_german, replaceafill, and i have been discussing this all week11:15
jelknerwe are flying by the seat of our pants, as the expression goes, but we are still flying11:16
jelknerreplaceafill will be busy in september and october with gallaudet11:16
jelknerso zOnny, we will need you and mr_german to take charge of setting up new Libre Organize customers11:17
zOnnyjelkner: np11:17
jelknerand we need some new customers in september11:17
jelknerthat will be the task of lelkneralfaro and me11:18
jelknerbtw, zOnny, you should see what team guanaco has done to our product!11:18
jelknerthey have been on fire this week11:19
zOnnyjelkner: I just got this on friday  https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/frank11:19
jelknerwe've taken time to dream about our whole coop sprints we will have next year11:20
zOnnyjelkner: cool11:20
zOnnyjelkner:  I found a good article in reference what we are missing on our pwa with IOS 11:21
zOnnyjelkner:https://www.netguru.co/codestories/few-tips-that-will-make-your-pwa-on-ios-feel-like-native#11:22
jelknernice work, zOnny 11:22
jelknerok, thanks, zOnny 11:22
jelknerlelkneralfaro, with the developers doing all they need to do11:22
zOnnyjelkner: IOS behavior is still not fully complete as Android does11:22
jelknerour task becomes marketing this thing11:23
zOnnyjelkner:  but this article helps how to fix these bugs 11:23
jelknerlelkneralfaro, what are your plans for tomorrow?11:23
jelknercool, zOnny 11:23
lelkneralfarojelkner, none yet11:23
jelknermay i suggest that you work on our website?11:23
jelknerwith the following goals:11:24
jelkner1. adding a nice section describing Libre Organize, together with setup and 1-year hosting price11:24
jelkner2. a section on our basic Tendenci CMS offering, together with setup and 1-year hosting price11:25
jelkner3. mention that we also offer custom Django development11:25
jelkneri will be setting up the crowdfunding accounts and putting together the lightening talk slides for FOSSCON11:26
jelknerwhich i can use as general promotional material thereafter11:26
jelknersound like a plan?11:26
lelkneralfarojelkner, it certainly does11:27
jelknercool11:27
jelknerokie dokie, that's all i've got11:27
lelkneralfarojelkner, cool sounds good!11:28
jelknerACTION has a thought - we should ask nrcerna to come up with a Libre Organize logo11:28
jelkneroh, lelkneralfaro, one last thing11:30
jelkneri'm going to go ahead and join iww local 56011:30
jelkneri can check that out first and let y'all know what i find out11:32
jelknerbefore we make any more commitments11:32
lelkneralfarojelkner, +111:32
jelknerlelkneralfaro, r u here?12:16
lelkneralfarojelkner, yes whats up?12:16
jelkneri just got off the phone with nrcerna12:17
jelkneri'm asking her to work on a logo for libre organize12:17
jelknerif you have any artistic thoughts12:17
jelknerreach out to her12:17
jelkneri told her i have no preferences on colors12:17
jelknerbut i'm looking for vibe that projects a militant, multiracial, multinational, increasingly female working class12:18
jelknerlet's see what she does with that ;-)12:18
jelknerred for ed12:18
lelkneralfarojelkner, cool thanks for letting me know. ill let her know if i have any ideas. that sounds good to me12:18
jelknercool12:19
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev12:24
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev12:25
ubuntouristMy only real objection is that it sounds, even with the "Libre" added, like so many other products out there. "Libre Office" "korganizer" "personal organizer", etc.12:26
ubuntouristI was trying to find a name that would set it apart while (a) keeping the meaning, and (b) not boxing us too into one niche market, even if that's the main niche we want to serve.12:28
ubuntouristWhen I think "organizer" and app, I think "wallet, address book, scheduler" on a personal level, not an organizational level -- no pun intended. 12:30
ubuntouristA search of Duck-Duck-Go for "organizer software" turns up the lots of personal organizers.12:32
jelknerahh, ubuntourist, that's why lelkneralfaro opted for organize12:32
ubuntouristOops.12:33
jelknerlibre organize12:33
jelkneri just asked nrcerna12:33
jelknerto work on a logo12:33
jelknershowing militant, multiracial, multinational, increasing female working class12:34
ubuntouristOK. I'll send a "withdrawal" message.  I take it libReOrganize is to clever / stupid?12:34
jelknerlet's see what she comes up with12:34
jelknerbut a good logo could make it clear what libre organize means12:34
jelkneroh, i didn't see that12:35
jelkneryou are better at those punny things then me12:35
jelknerwhy not pitch it to our other members12:35
jelkneri have no objection at all12:36
jelknerwe need to decide by end of work today12:36
jelkneri would be fine with libReOrganize12:37
jelknerdo you think it suggests lib as in library?12:37
jelknerthat would be my only concern12:37
jelknerwhat do you think, ubuntourist?12:37
jelknerwhat we have is a platform12:38
ubuntouristJust go with yours. I'm not sure if there's mis-interpretation possible.12:38
jelknerlelkneralfaro had originally suggested open organize12:39
jelknerwhich is taken12:39
jelkneri came up with libre instead of open last night12:39
ubuntourist(However, a clever logo might suggest the reorganize angle. Not sure it's worth the effort though.)12:39
jelkneryou have nrcerna's email12:40
jelknershe wants to have something for us to look at by tomorrow12:40
jelkneri'm hoping we can have it to show off on saturday12:40
jelknerbtw. did we ever hear back that our lightening talk has been accepted, ubuntourist?12:41
ubuntouristActually, I don't think I have nrcerna's e-mail. I just looked.12:41
jelknerhold on12:41
ubuntouristRe Lightning talk, no word, unless I missed it.12:42
jelknernatalia.cerna@novawebdevelopment.org12:42
jelknerACTION remembers ubuntourist and nrcerna communicating about accessibility not too long ago12:43
ubuntouristjelkner, wait. You mean I have her address? Yes. I thought you meant she had sent some recent message about her progress on a logo.12:44
jelkner+112:45
jelknerbut i just gave it to you again in any case, ubuntourist 12:45
jelknerubuntourist, i'll work on the slides for a lightening talk anyway12:47
jelknersince they can be used for general promotion whether they let us give it or not12:47
ubuntouristTime for me to get dressed and go to Gallaudet. Especially since I missed last week and probably won't be going in on Friday. 12:48
ubuntouristP.S. No word on lightning talks but there has been recent correspondence between Louis and Senda (with me and Chip CC'd).  Later...12:52
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev13:52
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev15:43
jelknerBack from lunch15:43
jelknerwuz up, lelkneralfaro?15:43
lelkneralfarojelkner, one sec you said hold on so now I'm in the middle of a phone call, just a few minutes15:44
jelknercool15:44
jelkneri'm back from lunch15:44
lelkneralfarojelkner, okay im back15:47
lelkneralfarojelkner, so the details they followed up with are for support for the Annual Report of Achievements15:48
lelkneralfarojelkner, for 100 hours from September 1 - October 3115:48
lelkneralfarojelkner, in the contract I have put that we will do it for $10,000 dollars15:48
lelkneralfarojelkner, $5000 up front and $5000 upon completion15:49
lelkneralfarojelkner, I want to run this by you to make sure it sounds okay15:49
jelknerthat sounds fantastic15:49
jelknerlelkneralfaro, we will need a bit more than $5 to keep everyone paid15:50
jelknerbut it is just enough to keep us in the game15:50
lelkneralfarojelkner, cool15:50
jelknerso now you and i need to get some other paying customers (3 local unions at $1K contracts would do the trick)15:51
jelknerduring september15:51
jelknerso go ahead and finish with gallaudet15:51
jelknerlet's talk tomorrow15:51
jelknerthis is great!15:51
lelkneralfarojelkner, okay I'll send them the contract15:52
*** replaceafill_ has joined #novawebdev15:58
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev16:20
hrodriguezjelkner, I talked to Amparo she is wondering what's going to happen after one year16:21
hrodriguezdoes she has to pay $400 again?16:21
jelknerhrodriguez, no16:26
jelknerhold on16:26
jelknermr_german, what it the cost for hosting for a year?16:27
jelknerhrodriguez, mr_german can answer that better than i16:27
hrodriguezjelkner, Okie dokie 16:28
mr_germanhrodriguez, después de pagar los 400$, cada año serian 60$16:28
hrodriguezmr_german, perfecto gracias 16:29
mr_germanhrodriguez, ;) de nada!16:29
jelknerACTION signs off to go on an errand with marcela16:35
jelknerbbl16:35
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev17:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: are u around ?17:51
replaceafillzOnny, yes17:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: I would like to ask if is ok to have pwa by default in the master17:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: for the becoming projects17:53
replaceafillzOnny, it isn't?17:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: it only require the icons images for its functionallity17:54
replaceafillzOnny, i remember you merged your pwa branch to master17:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?17:54
replaceafillzOnny, and then started *cascading* the change to the themes17:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: checking 17:55
replaceafillzOnny, just checked and doesn't seem to be teh case17:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct17:56
replaceafillzOnny, but +1 on that17:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: but it should be there right ?17:56
replaceafillzOnny, we're using the NWD logo by default, right?17:56
replaceafillzOnny, and then just customize based on theme resources?17:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: it doesn't include icon images17:57
zOnnyit will be functionall once the icons are set in the pwa dir17:57
replaceafillzOnny, hhmm17:57
replaceafillzOnny, ok17:57
replaceafillzOnny, if you think you can handle it, go ahead17:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/commit/721edafcf94d9bc0eaa2cbb8d96d493b8813d04217:57
replaceafillzOnny, right, what i'm saying is17:58
replaceafillzOnny, master will need icons, right?17:58
replaceafillzOnny, otherwise if you use plain master or start a new theme from it, those icons will 40417:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: for its functionallity ?17:58
replaceafillzOnny, correct?17:58
zOnnyreplaceafill:  correct17:59
replaceafillzOnny, i mean, the browser will try to get them anyway17:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct17:59
replaceafillzOnny, that's why we need icons in place *in master*17:59
replaceafillzOnny, right?17:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: for avoid the 404  ?17:59
replaceafillzOnny, correct17:59
zOnny*avoinding17:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok17:59
replaceafillzOnny, i'd say we use the NWD logos by default17:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok17:59
replaceafillzOnny, and customize the files in each theme18:00
replaceafillzOnny, makes sense?18:00
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct18:00
replaceafillzOnny, cool, go ahead18:01
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have been reading a lot of issues about IOS supporting PWA18:01
zOnnyreplaceafill: but seems that they will work on that eventually18:02
replaceafillzOnny, ah ok18:02
replaceafillzOnny, did you try notifications yet?18:02
zOnnyreplaceafill: their docs about PWA are not fully functional18:02
replaceafillzOnny, ah ok18:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://imgur.com/a/XnXArhH18:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have been testing this https://github.com/xtrinch/fcm-django-web-demo18:04
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev18:05
replaceafillzOnny, ah18:05
replaceafillzOnny, that's bad18:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have been focusing first on IOS notifications18:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: all the ORA' people were carrying an iphone :(18:07
replaceafillzOnny, well, the icon works well in iOS, right?18:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: right18:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: getting it in master, should I rid of the _dev's manifest ?18:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: or it will override 18:13
replaceafillzOnny, what do you mean _dev manifest?18:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: once I will procede with the merge18:13
replaceafillzOnny, there are no master_dev or master_prod, right?18:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: I set manifest in each _dev 18:13
replaceafillzOnny, can you point me to an example? i don't understand what you mean18:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: at the present time ORA - NOVALACIR0 - NEA4OR - AEA have already manifest18:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok18:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: hold on18:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/commit/0ffba9a80dbe14bd52bed18c1be98a8d6f65b4e418:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: I mean I did it indivudially18:16
replaceafillzOnny, oh ok, i see18:17
replaceafillzOnny, but in master we could set it up like NWD, right?18:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: it will be override ?18:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct18:17
replaceafillzOnny, so what do you mean by getting rid of it in _dev?18:17
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev18:18
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://bootswatch.com/3/flatly/18:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: clean up everything with manifest in _dev's18:18
replaceafillmr_german, thanks!18:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: once I merge master in _dev18:18
zOnnyit will be with NWD18:18
replaceafillzOnny, ORA dev needs ORA info, right?18:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: then I can proced with the right icons18:18
replaceafillzOnny, same for NOVALACIRO dev18:18
replaceafillzOnny, the way i see it, you're just putting NWD info in master18:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct18:19
replaceafillzOnny, so we don't get 404s in *new* themes18:19
replaceafillzOnny, if the *existing* themes already have manifests, don't touch them18:19
replaceafillzOnny, does that make sense?18:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: it will not be a conflict there ?18:19
replaceafillzOnny, why?18:20
replaceafillzOnny, you're not merging your change to master to each theme18:20
replaceafillzOnny, they already have icons and won't 40418:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: because I will merge master ?18:20
replaceafillzOnny, why do you think you need to merge master?18:20
replaceafillzOnny, *existing* themes already have manifests and icons18:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: uhmmm18:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see18:21
replaceafillzOnny, you're the pwa expert my man18:21
replaceafillzOnny, i'm not sure what to advice18:21
replaceafillzOnny, but this is how i understand it so far18:21
zOnnyreplaceafill:  but I like to get sync 18:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see you point18:21
replaceafillzOnny, get sync can mean many things18:21
replaceafillzOnny, we only need those pieces of code in sync18:21
replaceafillzOnny, we don't need them to have the same content (info inside manifest or icon images)18:22
replaceafillzOnny, by code in sync i mean "all themes should have manifests and icons"18:22
replaceafillzOnny, new themes (when we create one) will get it from master18:22
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct18:23
replaceafillzOnny, are we in the same page? :)18:23
zOnnyreplaceafill: I guess 18:23
replaceafillzOnny, lol18:23
replaceafillzOnny, cool, i'll live with "I guess" :)18:23
replaceafillzOnny, if you *need* to do something, and what we just dicussed gets in your way, let me know18:24
replaceafillzOnny, anything else? i need to check some of mr_german work18:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: that's it18:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks18:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: ttyl18:25
replaceafillzOnny, thank you, see you o/18:25
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev18:37
replaceafillmr_german, Caution! You are about to make irreversible changes. If you continue you won't be able to reopen this election. Are you sure you want to close this election?20:14
jelknerACTION signs off for the day20:31
jelknerhasta tomorrow morning20:32
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev21:00

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!