IRC log of #novawebdev for Monday, 2018-09-03

*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev08:08
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev09:17
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev09:20
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev10:19
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:27
jelknerGood morning!10:27
jelknerzOnny, i meant to email you.10:27
jelknerRoxana is back, so meeting here is not an option10:27
zOnnyjelkner: no worries10:27
zOnnyjelkner: good morning10:27
jelknerlelkneralfaro, will you be around when replaceafill comes on?10:27
zOnnyjelkner: I am fine here. I have my family leaving soon10:28
jelknerit seems appropriate, lelkneralfaro, to use at least a good part of labor day to work on Libre Organize10:28
jelknercool, zOnny 10:28
jelkneri'd like to meet with lelkneralfaro and replaceafill about that10:28
jelknerspecifically, i wanted to check in on how to get the 55 members at ACC using the system10:29
zOnnyjelkner: I will be here in case you need me 10:29
jelknerzOnny, the PWA for AEA is ready, yes?10:30
zOnnyjelkner: yes10:30
jelknerACTION writes an email, bbs10:30
jelknerACTION sent email10:33
lelkneralfarojelkner, I'm busy doing some planning. I'll be around today, I'll give some thought to your problem then respond10:45
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:52
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: good morning11:04
replaceafillgood morning zOnny11:04
zOnnyreplaceafill: I created a fake election in our prod site. I don't know if it was good11:05
replaceafillzOnny, please don't add test content to our prod site11:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:06
replaceafillzOnny, take the time to set up a local environment and test there11:06
jelknerGood morning, replaceafill 11:06
replaceafillgood morning jelkner11:06
jelknerlet me know if you have some time today to plan for AEA.11:07
replaceafilljelkner, what do you need?11:07
jelknerI have time today, and then not again until next weekend11:07
jelkneri want to figure out how to get all 55 members into the system11:07
replaceafilljelkner, i don't understand what you mean by that11:08
replaceafilljelkner, do you mean import their data?11:08
jelknerthey need accounts11:08
jelkneri need to be able to help them add the PWA to their phone and then login successfully11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, replaceafill seems the meeting is happening now11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, replaceafill so I'll jump in11:08
lelkneralfarojelkner, creating accounts for 55 people is not difficult11:09
lelkneralfarojelkner, getting people to use the system I think requires an organizer11:09
jelknerof course it does, lelkneralfaro 11:09
lelkneralfarojelkner, there is a way to bulk upload users11:09
jelknerwe have that11:09
jelknerbut what we need is to have the organizer able to get the member to use the system11:09
jelknerwhen they forget their password and can't login11:10
jelknerthat will happen *a lot*11:10
jelknerif the organizer fumbles around and takes a long time to get over the tech hurdle11:10
jelknerthe organizing opportunity is lost11:10
jelknerso pat and i need a smooth plan11:11
jelkner1. approach the member and ask them if they know about our new web app11:11
replaceafilljelkner, do you want those 55 people to become "members" in the tendenci sense?11:11
jelkner2. take their mobile device with them and install it11:11
jelkner+1 replaceafill 11:11
jelknerin an ACC group11:11
jelknerso we can have forums and votes11:12
replaceafilljelkner, is it worth for AEA to migrate their current membership PDF form to tendenci?11:12
jelkneri think it totally is, replaceafill 11:13
jelknerthat would help a lot11:13
jelknerbut that is more of a process11:13
jelknershort term i just want to get the list i just shared with you two into the system11:14
jelknerpat and i have been going around getting emails11:14
jelknerwe have almost all of them11:14
jelknerwe now need to solve the work flow problem11:14
jelknerlelkneralfaro is right, of course11:14
jelknerthis requires organizers11:15
jelknerthat's a given11:15
jelknerthe tech problem is building a tool that helps organizers11:15
jelknernot gets in their way11:15
jelknerthat's what libre organize needs to do11:15
jelknerwe demonstrated last summer that it is very useful11:15
jelknerthe aea-pac committee used it very effectively11:16
jelknerto do work that could not have otherwise been done11:16
lelkneralfarojelkner, I think this is what you need for uploading members: https://www.tendenci.com/help-files/how-do-i-import-members-my-tendenci-website/11:16
jelkner*but*, that was a small group of *very* engaged members11:16
lelkneralfarojelkner, and do you think that the organizer should do it?11:16
jelknerno, lelkneralfaro11:16
jelknerwe need to do it11:16
lelkneralfarojelkner, why do you say that? you don't think they should be a competent user of the system? or they aren't good at tech?11:17
jelknersome organizers are terrible at tech11:17
jelknerthey are organizers, they're good at talking to people11:18
jelknersome are ok with tech11:18
jelknerbut we can not count on it11:18
jelkneri know that from experience11:18
lelkneralfarojelkner, how many organizers does AEA have, you are using plural here as if you are referring to the general problem and not just to AEA11:18
jelknerwe are using the term organizers loosely11:19
jelkneri'm talking about building reps11:19
lelkneralfarocool11:19
jelknerthey are the elected delegates from each worksite11:19
lelkneralfaroAEA, okay I see what you mean then, yes older folks not good at tech11:19
jelkner+111:19
jelknersome are very good11:19
jelknersome completely terrible11:19
jelknerso we can't assume11:19
jelknerlet's start with just ACC11:20
lelkneralfaroand in ACC case there isn't someone to do it?11:20
jelknerwhere we have me, so we can assume i can do whatever you two tell me11:20
jelknerme11:20
lelkneralfarojelkner, cool. well I sent you the helpfile11:20
jelknerok, perhaps that's all i need to get started11:20
jelknerbut i'm nervious11:20
jelknerreplaceafill, what happens if i create a user where one already exists?11:21
lelkneralfarojelkner, why not test it in a place 11:21
jelknerwhat place? that's why i asked for this meeting11:21
lelkneralfarojelkner, where it doesn't matter if you mess up11:21
lelkneralfarojelkner, demo site on tendenci11:21
jelknerso lelkneralfaro and replaceafill could give me concrete, not vague instructions11:21
lelkneralfarojelkner, using fake dat11:21
jelkneri have a list11:21
jelknerNo!11:21
jelknerplease11:21
lelkneralfarolol11:21
jelknerthis is a perennial problem, lelkneralfaro 11:22
jelknerif we had money11:22
jelknerwe would hire testers to play with fake data11:22
jelkneri can't11:22
jelknerit don't have time11:22
jelknerto spend the day playing with the system11:22
jelkneri have a job i need to keep11:23
jelkneri can load real data11:23
jelknerand do real conversations with real members11:23
jelkneri'll be wanting to do that in any case11:23
jelknerso i'm asking you two for some guidance11:23
jelknerdo we want to use this opportunity to see if libre organize is effective?11:24
jelknerdo we want AEA to use it this year?11:24
jelknerif so, how can i help make that happen?11:24
jelknerif it is not a priority for you, i'll go back to lesson planning and drop the conversation11:25
jelkneryou tell me11:25
jelknerso lelkneralfaro, replaceafill, that's all i have11:26
replaceafilljelkner, cool11:26
jelknerdo you want to get back to me later?11:26
replaceafilljelkner, i'd say try to follow the help file11:26
replaceafilljelkner, and do the import11:26
jelknercould it break something?11:26
replaceafilljelkner, if it doesn't work, provide feeback what went wrong11:27
jelknerif you think not, i'll go for it11:27
replaceafilljelkner, we don't have time for testing, right?11:27
jelkneri don't11:27
replaceafilljelkner, so just do it and live with the consequences11:27
jelknerok11:27
replaceafilljelkner, fwiw i've taken a snapshot of the database now11:27
jelkneri assume replaceafill has backups and can recover from any disaster11:27
jelkner+111:28
jelknercool11:28
jelknerlater11:28
replaceafilljelkner, your feeedback on this task will be very valuable11:28
jelknerof course11:28
replaceafilljelkner, because it's something we expect users to do regularly11:28
replaceafilljelkner, i'm not sure how effective that help file is11:28
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, have you tested that help file before?11:29
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, is it up to date?11:29
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, yes when I was working on documentation11:29
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, and it was helpful11:29
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, cool11:29
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, +111:29
replaceafilljelkner, there you go, we did test it :)11:29
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'm not positive, but I think it notifies you about duplicates somehow. Sorry I'm not more familiar with it to say for sure11:30
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, iirc it just update the user data based on the unique field you provide11:31
replaceafillACTION doubles check the importer code11:31
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I mean when you import the CSV that is. 11:31
jelknerahh, i can't admin the aea website11:39
jelknerwhich we discussed before11:39
jelknerthat is a good thing11:39
jelknerkeri would have to do it11:39
jelknerso for keri to load 1800 members is a lot of work11:40
jelknerlelkneralfaro, replaceafill why don't you think about the plan11:40
jelknerand let me know what i should do11:40
jelknerwe need to talk to keri11:40
jelknersince she will have to enter all the members11:41
jelknerwe need to work out a process with her11:41
replaceafilljelkner, why can't the members register themselves?11:41
jelknerpat and i have updated our ACC list with emails11:41
replaceafilljelkner, through a membership form?11:41
jelknerlelkneralfaro should ask ingrid and keri about that11:41
replaceafilljelkner, yeah, i think this is a good time to have the "convert pdf to tendenci" conversation11:42
jelkner+111:42
replaceafilljelkner, so they don't do it manually, avoid tripping with importer, etc11:42
jelknerthat is lelkneralfaro talking to the AEA president and administrative assistant 11:42
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, thoughts?11:43
jelknerremember the issue, replaceafill 11:43
jelknerfilling out the form does not make one a member11:43
jelknerit needs to be "approved"11:43
jelknerso their is a staging issue11:43
replaceafilljelkner, sure, tendenci can handle that11:43
jelknercool11:43
replaceafilljelkner, my only concern is that their pdf is really complex11:43
replaceafilljelkner, but if they can start small11:44
replaceafilljelkner, we could have that ready quickly11:44
jelkneragain, this is a discussion for lelkneralfaro to have with them11:44
replaceafilljelkner, cool11:44
jelknerthere may be mandates from above on the form11:44
lelkneralfarookay I'll give them  a call tomorrow11:44
replaceafilljelkner, ah, got it11:44
jelknerbut if we could capture only the parts we need into the database11:45
jelkneranyway, let's start with the conversation11:45
jelkner+1, lelkneralfaro 11:45
jelknerok, thanks11:45
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev11:45
jelknerACTION logs off to go back to planning for his first day with students11:45
mr_germangood morming replaceafill 11:45
replaceafillgood morning mr_german11:45
mr_germanjelkner,  good day ;)11:45
jelknermr_german, hi and bye ;-)11:46
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german please go through our gitlab issues11:46
mr_germanreplaceafill, k11:47
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german identify which are in Needs Review11:47
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german and work on those first11:47
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german then choose based on weights11:47
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:47
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german thanks11:47
zOnnyhey mr_german 11:51
lelkneralfarozOnny, can we chat for a quick minute?12:15
mr_germanzOnny, hey12:16
mr_germanI just replied your issues zOnny 12:17
mr_germanzOnny, https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/7012:17
zOnnymr_german: cool12:19
zOnnymr_german: I am agree on including it on master12:19
mr_german1+12:19
mr_germanzOnny, i removed "need review"12:21
lelkneralfarozOnny, can we chat real quick?12:21
zOnnymr_german: ok12:21
zOnnylelkneralfaro: ok12:21
lelkneralfarozOnny, I just wanted to ask that when you have a chance please go onto liberapay and either add the Stripe account or remove yourself from the Nova Web team12:22
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I did it already12:22
lelkneralfarozOnny, great. thank you :)12:22
zOnnylelkneralfaro: np12:22
lelkneralfarozOnny, sorry to bother you then12:22
zOnnylelkneralfaro: lol, sorry for not confirmed it12:23
lelkneralfarozOnny, no problem, we just did 12:24
zOnnymr_german: We will close the issue once I include it on master ok?12:25
mr_germanzOnny, k12:25
zOnnymr_german: Do you know where the issue#62 relies?12:27
zOnnymr_german: I am trying to be more familiar with Helios at this present time12:29
mr_germanzOnny, on helios - > manage elections12:31
zOnnymr_german: I am on it12:31
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/LNF32Yv12:33
mr_germanyes12:34
mr_germanzOnny, the gear button on manage election has links right?12:34
zOnnymr_german: here ? https://imgur.com/a/6Eerp2T12:35
mr_germanyes12:36
mr_germanin the gear button there's an option called archive12:37
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/lFCrP6Z12:38
lelkneralfaromr_german, hi quick question for you when you are free12:38
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, tell me12:38
lelkneralfaromr_german, just so that I know what's going on with the whole team. about how many hours are you working weekly12:39
lelkneralfarozOnny, how about you?12:39
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, im full time now with my time12:39
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, and we need times of when people are available for communication12:39
lelkneralfaromr_german, full time you meaning 40 hours? and what is your planned schedule?12:40
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, +112:40
replaceafillzOnny, are you ok if i lower the weight in the "archive links" issue?12:40
replaceafillzOnny, is not as important as other issues you have12:40
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, well yes or i can do more12:40
mr_german;)12:40
replaceafillzOnny, sorry i bumped it too high12:40
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct12:40
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, mr_german zOnny I am usually on from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM 12:40
zOnnyreplaceafill: it got 7 :(12:41
replaceafillzOnny, yeah, my bad, lowering to 312:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: I was finishing the documentation12:41
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, oh let me check my time12:41
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, mr_german, zOnny on irc that is, sometimes I have meetings come up which take me away. do you all want me to tell you about that? I don't want to be annoying12:41
lelkneralfaromr_german, 40 is enough in my opinion. having a life is important too12:42
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, zOnny mr_german my regular time is from 11 am - 7 pm12:42
lelkneralfaromr_german, :)12:42
lelkneralfarozOnny, what's your hours and schedule like now that school has begun again?12:43
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I feel more confortable working all night because is hard to me find a place where I can work confortable12:44
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I am online until 2:00 am12:45
lelkneralfarozOnny, that's cool. I understand. do you have an idea of about how many hours a week?12:45
zOnnylelkneralfaro: it should be 40 hours or maybe less 12:48
zOnnylelkneralfaro: because some times I am just studying Django 12:49
lelkneralfarozOnny, okay cool. 40 is a lot when you have school too. 12:49
zOnnylelkneralfaro: for sure, I will not make 40 hours once school stars12:49
zOnny*starts12:50
lelkneralfarozOnny, yes I understand. 12:50
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I will be doing 20 hours maybe12:50
lelkneralfarozOnny, cool. that's the number I'll have in mind12:50
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, well, i'll be around from 12pm to 7pm12:55
mr_germanhowever, on fridays i take the day off12:55
mr_germansometimes.12:56
lelkneralfaromr_german, cool. sounds great12:59
mr_germanzOnny, i think, we can continue 13:00
zOnnymr_german: ok13:01
mr_germanzOnny, so.. you are there right?13:02
mr_germanon manage elections13:02
zOnnymr_german: yes 13:02
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/lFCrP6Z13:03
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/cYNZsBW13:03
mr_germanzOnny, well if you click "archive" it takes you to the election and archived right?13:04
zOnnymr_german: once I click the archive option in the gear13:04
zOnnymr_german: correct13:04
mr_germanand if you go to manage elections again it says "unarchive"13:04
mr_germanright?13:04
zOnnymr_german: going back to elections again ?13:06
mr_germanzOnny, yes go to manage elections again13:06
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/2r69psr13:07
mr_germanyes now is "archived"13:08
zOnnymr_german:  I see https://imgur.com/a/sMC1pmH13:08
mr_germango to the gear button13:08
mr_germanyes13:08
mr_germanthe goal is13:09
mr_germanwhen you click that link "archive or unarchive" the election13:09
mr_germanwithout taking you to the election13:09
mr_germando you understand?13:09
zOnnymr_german: you mean keep in the same page ?13:10
mr_germanyes13:10
mr_germanzOnny, unfortunately,  I don't know how to do it, my python skills are no so good13:11
mr_german:(13:11
zOnnymr_german: once I click the unarchieve it gets me to this page https://imgur.com/a/zujzyzR13:11
mr_germanyep, it should be manage election 13:12
mr_germannot the election13:12
mr_germanmaybe replaceafill can explain this better than me :(13:12
replaceafilli'm in a meeting at the moment, bb in ~20-3013:13
zOnnymr_german: you are not the only one13:13
zOnnymr_german: I can look at it later13:13
zOnnymr_german: the fixes should be in another branch correct?13:13
mr_germanzOnny, yes13:14
mr_german;)13:14
zOnnymr_german: I got it13:14
mr_germanthx13:14
zOnnymr_german: ttyl thanks13:14
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev14:01
jelkneri'm here until 3:30 pm lelkneralfaro and replaceafill 14:03
replaceafilljelkner, i think lelkneralfaro is having lunch at the moment14:03
jelknerhe *just* emailed me, replaceafill 14:04
replaceafilljelkner, can you hang out now?14:04
replaceafilljelkner, we just finished our weekly meeting14:04
jelkneri can14:04
replaceafilljelkner, i can bring you to speed on what we just discussed with him14:04
jelknerdo we want to hang out, or can we just meet here?14:05
jelkneri just called lelkneralfaro 14:05
jelknerhe is leaving the stove and returning to us ;-)14:05
replaceafilljelkner, i think hang out is faster14:06
replaceafillpoor lelkneralfaro :D14:06
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, lol I'll be okay14:06
replaceafillwe interrupted his lunch14:06
jelknerit might be, but tech issues could make that not true14:06
jelknerinvite me and let's see14:06
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'll be back to it soon. I didn't start cooking my rice yet14:06
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, we want to do voice chat? when you say hangout?14:07
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, yes14:07
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool. let me get my headset14:07
replaceafilljelkner, calling you14:08
jelknerlet me switch computers14:08
replaceafillok, let me know when you're ready14:08
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'm ready14:08
jelkneri just invited replaceafill 14:10
jelkneror you should invite me14:11
replaceafilljelkner, i invited you14:11
jelknerthat was before i switched computers14:11
replaceafilljelkner, i just invited you again14:12
jelkneri don't see any notificatoin14:12
replaceafilljelkner, https://hangouts.google.com/call/80cGPp2WwiBqkgYg-b6cAAEE14:12
jelknerhow about i try to chat with youy14:12
jelknerto click on that link14:13
mr_germanACTION goes to take lunch14:47
lelkneralfaroACTION goes to lunch bb 1 hour15:03
replaceafillACTION goes to luch, bb in ~5015:10
jelknerACTION logs off for the day to go see "Sorry to Bother You" with wife and son...15:56
replaceafillACTION is back16:22
mr_germanACTION is back16:26
replaceafillzOnny, the Waiting tag is not for asking for reviews... is to mark issues we cannot move forward16:34
zOnnyreplaceafill: Oops! Fixing :(16:38
mr_germanACTION goes to pick up his mom brb - 15 mins16:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: I cannot see the Waiting :(16:41
replaceafillzOnny, i removed it16:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: :)16:41
mr_germanACTION is back16:56
zOnnylelkneralfaro: are you around ?17:26
lelkneralfarozOnny, yup17:27
zOnnylelkneralfaro: just checking :D17:27
lelkneralfarozOnny, what's up 17:27
zOnnylelkneralfaro: We don't need this anymore, right ? https://novawebdev.novawebdevelopment.org/comparison/17:28
lelkneralfarozOnny, I'd like to keep it, well I have a spreadsheet, with the same information17:29
lelkneralfarozOnny, so we could recreate it17:29
lelkneralfarozOnny, but I like having that information17:29
zOnnylelkneralfaro: cool17:29
*** replaceafill_ has joined #novawebdev17:35
zOnnymr_german: are you around ?18:03
mr_germanzOnny, sup?18:03
zOnnymr_german: Frank still looks as Frank in my themes 18:04
mr_germanah?18:04
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/0gOJsfo18:05
mr_germanzOnny, are on nova branch?18:06
mr_germanare you on*18:06
zOnnymr_german: yes18:06
mr_germanzOnny, mmm well no idea about that18:07
mr_germanon helios-frank18:07
zOnnymr_german: maybe I forgot something18:07
mr_germanyou should be on nova branch18:08
zOnnymr_german: ah ?18:08
zOnnymr_german: checking 18:08
zOnnymr_german: on helios-frank ?18:10
zOnnymr_german: Isn't in helios_tendenci ?18:11
replaceafillzOnny, let's do this remotely18:11
replaceafillzOnny, do "ls -altr" on the frank repo18:11
replaceafillzOnny, and paste18:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok18:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/GseRRB6oOzn9aSlDFDxz/18:12
replaceafillzOnny, "cd helios_v1 && git branch"18:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/wlLoVzuw98Sm3DztPl2T/18:14
replaceafillzOnny, that's the problem18:14
replaceafillzOnny, do "git checkout nova"18:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok18:14
replaceafillzOnny, that was fixed here: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/frank/commit/769524d8498279ff28271449e810f72e6998aab7#7967e46e23f9332685d6d29c6374c1bf0367779618:14
replaceafillzOnny, but you probably used the script before this commit18:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: maybe 18:15
replaceafillzOnny, if you get conflicts checkout nova, stash your changes18:15
replaceafillzOnny, checkout nova and apply the stash back18:16
replaceafillif you get conflicts checkit out nova*18:16
replaceafillchecking*...18:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: like git stash then stash pop o.O?18:16
replaceafillzOnny, i use stash apply18:17
replaceafillzOnny, so i dont lose it18:17
replaceafillzOnny, but yeah18:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: stash apply ? interesting 18:17
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev18:17
replaceafillzOnny, "Like pop, but do not remove the state from the stash list."18:18
zOnnymr_german: I think mr_german already mastered git stash :D18:18
mr_germanzOnny, not too much just what i need lol18:19
zOnnymr_german: cool 18:23
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks for the tip18:23
replaceafillzOnny, does the theme work?18:23
zOnnyreplaceafill: I does!18:23
zOnny*it18:24
replaceafillzOnny, cool18:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: one question18:25
replaceafillzOnny, yes?18:26
zOnnyreplaceafill: how many repos includes Frank ?18:26
replaceafillzOnny, ours? 3 i think18:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah18:27
replaceafillzOnny, helios_v1, helios_v1/theme, tendenci_v1/themes/nova18:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: checking18:27
replaceafillzOnny, oh wait18:28
replaceafillzOnny, it has the tendenci apps too18:28
replaceafillzOnny, so attendance and threaded posts18:28
replaceafillzOnny, and overrides :S18:28
zOnnyreplaceafill: holy S...18:28
replaceafillzOnny, ah, and helios_tendenci and tendenci_helios :D18:28
replaceafillzOnny, better explained here: https://gitlab.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=git+clone&group_id=&project_id=7983394&search_code=true&repository_ref=master18:29
zOnnyreplaceafill: 1+18:29
replaceafillzOnny, that's why it's called frank(enstein)18:30
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see :(18:30
replaceafillzOnny, and we decided to let the mailman integration out!18:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool :D18:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: with mailman Frank will blow out ? :D18:33
replaceafillzOnny, the tendenci integration worked fine18:33
replaceafillzOnny, it's our email server setup that sucks18:34
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah18:34
replaceafillzOnny, we need someone who set ups postfixes for a living18:34
zOnnyreplaceafill: any changes to Frank should be in frank repo, right18:41
replaceafillzOnny, what do you mean?18:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: $ frank : git pull18:41
replaceafillzOnny, ah yes18:41
replaceafillzOnny, you'll need to run build again though18:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: thx18:42
replaceafillzOnny, with a different prefix18:42
replaceafillsuffix*18:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah ?18:42
replaceafill./build v218:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok18:42
replaceafilli think you're fine18:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: not really :(18:42
replaceafillzOnny, i think you fixed the overrides issue?18:43
replaceafillzOnny, but there's no problem in running it again18:43
replaceafillzOnny, it'll just take some time again to set up18:43
replaceafillzOnny, oh, and this time it shouldn't ask you for inputs anymore18:43
replaceafillzOnny, if you run it again after pull, let me know if it works18:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok18:44
replaceafillzOnny, ah, and migrations will be faster this time18:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool, that are really good news18:44
replaceafillzOnny, how's the abby site going?18:45
replaceafillzOnny, are you done with changes?18:45
mr_germanreplaceafill, tendenci 11 is stable?18:45
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have asked her for content18:45
replaceafillmr_german, i wouldn't say so18:45
replaceafillzOnny, ah ok18:45
mr_germanoh18:45
replaceafillmr_german, i tested something today and some of the logging issues are still there18:45
replaceafillmr_german, why?18:46
mr_germaneven the profile issue?18:46
replaceafillmr_german, what profile issue?18:46
mr_germanthe problem that we fixed "=="18:46
mr_germando you remember that issue when you click profile in the mega menu18:47
mr_german?18:47
mr_germanreplaceafill, 18:47
replaceafillmr_german, that landed a long time ago https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/commit/672cab421eafde0b81a0b63df1abc6eb0d6919a2#diff-cd51483dfc2b465be9c0b4264d064d8318:47
mr_germanreplaceafill, oh18:48
mr_germanreplaceafill, well, i just was asking about it, since i saw your email18:48
mr_germanthats all18:48
replaceafillmr_german, what email?18:49
mr_germanabout tendenci1118:50
replaceafillmr_german, ah18:50
replaceafillmr_german, got it18:50
replaceafillmr_german, fwiw i don't think we'll move until i see *strong* signals from tendenci.com about it18:50
replaceafillmr_german, https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/issues/736#issuecomment-41799068018:50
replaceafillmr_german, the package is in pypi but it looks like they're still testing18:50
mr_germanreplaceafill, yes, i just read the post18:52
mr_germanreplaceafill, well, it will take some time to make it "smoother" as he says18:53
mr_germani think18:53
replaceafillmr_german, yeah18:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am still with the boxes Issue :(18:55
replaceafillzOnny, what boxes issue?18:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: tendenci_overrides 18:56
replaceafillzOnny, in your tendenci_v1 instance?18:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct18:56
replaceafillzOnny, just open tendenci_v1/conf/local_settings.py18:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: I did18:57
replaceafillzOnny, find tendenci_overrides in INSTALLED_APPS18:57
replaceafillzOnny, ok paste your conf/local_settings.py18:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: replaceafill https://paste.pound-python.org/show/nUsUnMZArePwMgbkn457/18:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: Do you want it next to attendance ?18:58
replaceafillzOnny, yes18:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah18:58
replaceafillzOnny, it should be the first package18:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: fixing18:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool19:05
replaceafillzOnny, did it work?19:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: It does19:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: replaceafill I have a big concern about this https://paste.pound-python.org/show/OeEBUtPTtuHmlwsXOrHq/19:06
replaceafillzOnny, what's your big concern exactly?19:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: I don't like to make changes in branches that affect others19:07
replaceafillzOnny, tendenci_v1 is not a git repo19:08
replaceafillzOnny, what you're looking is frank's info19:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: hold on19:08
replaceafillzOnny, if you go to tendenci_v1/themes/nova for example19:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: Oops!19:08
zOnny../ :)19:08
replaceafillzOnny, it should display the base theme repo info19:08
replaceafillzOnny, not frank's19:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah19:09
replaceafillzOnny, if it makes you feel better, you could rename frank/.git to frank/.old-git19:10
replaceafillzOnny, that will hide frank from your git commands19:10
replaceafillzOnny, but will prevent you from pulling ofc19:10
replaceafillzOnny, pick your poison :)19:10
mr_germanACTION signs off for the rest of the day.19:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: pulling updates are important :(19:12
replaceafillzOnny, once you want to do that you can rename it back...19:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: :S19:13
replaceafillzOnny, or... you could get used to run git remote19:13
replaceafillzOnny, or... you could set all this up manually :)19:13
replaceafillzOnny, or... wait for the vagrant version19:13
replaceafillzOnny, coming in 202019:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will try 19:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/11J3CGXKb7lbZ9pjoyqU/ ?19:17
replaceafillzOnny, rename19:17
replaceafillzOnny, mv ...19:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok19:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: then ?19:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: frank isn't a repo anymore19:18
replaceafillzOnny, right19:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/0mrCfLlyFdFp7prjXCRr/19:19
replaceafillzOnny, git will stop "misinforming" you19:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: I can rename it once I want to pull correct ?19:19
replaceafillzOnny, yep19:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: Ouch! Yeah. Maybe, but I think we might have our Git license revoked if we resort to such a hack.19:21
replaceafillzOnny, fortunately, you care about such things...19:21

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!