IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2018-10-14

Big_BrotherDiscuss submitting a Charla proposal for Pycon 2019 (jelkner)11:00
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:43
*** Big_Brother_ has joined #NovaWebDev10:03
*** Big_Brother_ has joined #novawebdev10:03
*** Big_Brother_ has joined #novawebdev14:03
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev10:04
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev14:04
*** Big_Brother has joined #NovaWebDev10:04
*** Big_Brother has joined #novawebdev10:04
*** Big_Brother has joined #NovaWebDev10:04
*** Big_Brother has joined #novawebdev10:04
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:04
mjsir911!remind10:05
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:05
mjsir911!remind hi10:06
Big_Brother"hi" added to message queue10:06
zOnny!remind  Did we pick the Libre Organize logo already?10:11
Big_Brother"Did we pick the Libre Organize logo already?" added to message queue10:11
jelkner!remind10:14
Big_BrotherDiscuss submitting a Charla proposal for Pycon 2019 (jelkner) 10:14
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:40
mjsir911!remind10:52
Big_BrotherDiscuss submitting a Charla proposal for Pycon 2019 (jelkner) 10:52
replaceafillah nice, remind displays the user now :)10:53
replaceafilland the logs seem back in ET btw so we can skip that point in the agenda10:53
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev10:55
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev10:56
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev10:57
jelknerreplaceafill, mjsir911 fixed that on the fly last week ;-)10:59
replaceafilljelkner, great10:59
Big_BrotherDiscuss submitting a Charla proposal for Pycon 2019 (jelkner)11:00
mjsir911Good morning everybdoy11:00
jelkner!remind11:01
jelknergood morning mjsir911 and everybody11:02
ubuntouristGrumble.11:02
zOnnygood morning11:02
mjsir911Let's start off with agenda item #1, charla proposal for pycon 201911:02
jelknerthat's me11:02
jelknerthis will be an ongoing discussion11:03
jelknerbut just to start this week11:03
jelkner1. i am working on a poster session titled "Saving the World with Python"11:03
jelkner2. i propose we submit a charla with a similar title "Salvando el Mondo con Python"?11:03
jelknermy reason saying this is two fold:11:04
jelkner1. submissions for charlas are much less numerous and it is easier to get them approved11:04
jelkner2. we want to connect with the latino community in any case, since our story is so tied to our international bi-lingual focus11:05
jelknersince i know many of us geeks are too shy to present11:05
jelknerperhaps we could ask heylin if she would be willing?11:06
jelknerthat's all i have on this11:06
jelknerACTION done11:06
ubuntouristjelkner, the charla's are 30 minutes?11:06
jelkner+111:06
replaceafilli'd say go ahead if she's onboard11:06
jelknerreplaceafill, i'll talk to her11:07
replaceafilljelkner, maybe we could have the poster in spanish too :)11:07
jelkneri'm going to ask her if she is interested in becoming our business manager at some point anyway11:07
jelknerreplaceafill, bi-lingual! +111:07
replaceafilljelkner, i can help with that if you need11:07
jelkner+111:07
mjsir911I can open and close point #2, has been fixed. For informational purposes replaceafill, the fix was just rebooting the bot and I have no idea what caused that little mixup of timezones11:08
replaceafillmjsir911, ah!11:08
replaceafillmjsir911, thank you!11:08
mjsir911Mhhm, thanks for reporting that in a timely fashion11:09
replaceafill:)11:09
ubuntouristmjsir911, Can a cronjob periodically bounce stuff to avoid future incidents?11:09
mjsir911This hasn't happened before so I'm not sure how useful that would be11:10
ubuntouristOK.11:10
mjsir911Maybe its a one-off thing? If not, I can inspect the cuases further11:10
mjsir911For point #3, zOnny about Libre organize logo11:10
zOnnyI mentioned it because I would like to update our site with our product as well11:11
jelknerthank you, zOnny, for taking initiative on this!11:11
zOnnyI have seen that nrcerna have done some proposal for it11:11
ubuntouristzOnny, nrcerna, are there samples to look at?11:11
replaceafillbased on the email thread, it seems jelkner deferred the decision to louie11:12
zOnnyubuntourist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IOEyl8g9M_8v28HuFFHxGIqxbMCVI-5h11:12
replaceafilland mr_german also provided feedback11:12
replaceafillsorry that i didn't :(11:12
ubuntouristThanks. I missed that.11:12
jelknerdoes anyone have a preference?11:12
jelknerwe need to decide11:12
jelknerso that we can move ahead11:13
ubuntouristDog-fooding: Election for favorite logo?11:13
jelkneri'm liking 2 and 611:14
jelknerdon't care which11:14
jelknerwe could do an election11:14
zOnnyjelkner: +111:14
jelknerbut how can you vote for 2 and 6?11:14
replaceafilljelkner, set up the question with several possible choices11:15
replaceafilljelkner, like from 2-3 for example11:15
replaceafillzOnny, can you take care of creating it?11:15
jelknerso, who will setup the election?11:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: sure11:16
replaceafilli propose zOnny to do it11:16
jelknerexcellent!11:16
replaceafillzOnny, thanks!11:16
replaceafillso11:16
replaceafilljelkner, i guess we can close this now: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/7511:16
replaceafilland in that avenue start creating our public repos under a new libreorganize project11:17
jelknerjust closed it, replaceafill 11:18
replaceafilljelkner, cool11:18
replaceafilljelkner, i'll set up gitlab accordingly11:18
mjsir911alright, is that everything? We will be expecting an election organized by zOnny shortly?11:19
zOnnymr_german: right11:19
zOnnymjsir911: right11:19
jelknerwe need to choose chair for next week11:20
jelknermr_german, can you do that?11:20
mr_germanjelkner, sure11:21
jelknersuper11:21
nrcernaHi guys11:21
mr_germanhello nrcerna 11:21
jelknermorning, nrcerna 11:21
jelknermr_german, replaceafill, zOnny, can we chat a bit after the meeting?11:21
nrcernaI was here just for some reason I wasn't able to send write11:22
replaceafilljelkner, i can11:22
jelkneroh, nrcerna, we need to get you a GNU/Linux machine ;-)11:22
jelknermr_german, can you?11:22
mjsir911That seems to be all for today's meeting11:22
ubuntouristnrcerna, ah. But you were able to read the conversation okay. Right?11:22
mjsir911ACTION drops the bag of gravel11:22
mr_germanjelkner, yes11:23
mr_germani can11:23
ubuntouristnrcerna, If not, you can review at http://irclogs.novawebdevelopment.org/2018-10-14.log.html11:23
jelknercool, mr_german, i wanted to check-in on your plans for moving to san salvador11:23
nrcernaYes I do11:23
nrcernaThanks ubuntourist11:23
jelkneri am most happy to say, that every week when i chat with zOnny, i see he is taking ownership of our cooperative11:24
jelknerthat's what we need both of you to do11:24
jelknerif we are going to make it through this period11:24
jelknerso, as you know11:24
jelkneri'm committing to funding you for 5 months11:24
jelknerACTION thinks he could make it 6 if that helps11:24
jelknerprovided you agree to step-up and make libre organize something we can sell11:25
jelknerwith your uncle's help, of course11:25
jelknerso, mr_german, what say you?11:25
replaceafilljelkner, what if i have to look for another job next month?11:26
jelknerreplaceafill, if mr_german is in san salvador11:26
jelkneri am assuming you aren't moving anywhere, right?11:26
jelknerso the two of you can work in the same location11:26
jelknerlike aelkner used to tell me11:26
jelknerif we ended up with funding, he could work 10-20 hours per week11:27
jelknercouldn't we work something like that with you?11:27
replaceafilljelkner, i don't know11:27
jelknermr_german, and zOnny are the drivers11:27
jelknerwell, replaceafill, we need to decide11:27
replaceafilljelkner, this is what i'd propose11:27
replaceafilljelkner, make mr_german *really* the driver11:28
replaceafilljelkner, make him authority or whatever11:28
replaceafilljelkner, assign him a big chunk of responsibility11:28
replaceafilljelkner, something that can be measured11:28
replaceafilljelkner, that he decides on his own11:29
replaceafilljelkner, just asking technical questions to me11:29
replaceafilljelkner, do that during now to, say, end of november11:29
replaceafilljelkner, and him being in santa ana11:29
replaceafilljelkner, while he is still in santa ana*11:29
replaceafilljelkner, if that flies great, keep going, if not reconsider your offer11:30
jelkner+111:30
replaceafilljelkner, but mr_german needs to be aware he's the one making the decisions11:30
replaceafilljelkner, well, him and zOnny11:30
replaceafilljelkner, not me anymore11:30
jelknermr_german, we need you to take this *very* seriously!11:30
jelkneri'm a bit nervous, because you are young11:30
jelkneri have total confidence in zOnny at this point11:31
jelknerand i know he is in this 100%11:31
jelknerso the plan C is to just have nova web development be him11:31
jelknerlike it was for mr hedrick years ago11:31
mr_germani'm nervous too jelkner 11:31
jelknerbut that has problems11:31
jelknertoo small a scale11:31
jelknerso if we had two devs to start, much better11:32
jelknerso both your future and zOnny's will be decided by what you do, mr_german 11:32
jelknerso it is a lot to ask a young person11:32
jelknerbut you have an opportunity here11:32
jelkneronly you can decide if you take it11:32
replaceafilljelkner, have you thought of giving zOnny the role of "project manager"?11:33
jelknerthat's a great idea11:33
mr_germanjelkner, well..ok11:33
jelknerbut not yet, replaceafill 11:34
jelknersince we still what to keep you if we can11:34
replaceafilljelkner, sure11:34
jelknerand we want to bring you back as soon as possible if we can't11:34
replaceafilljelkner, but he needs to be aware of those responsibilities11:34
replaceafilljelkner, and how that's played11:34
replaceafilljelkner, since zOnny is a shy person11:34
replaceafilljelkner, he'll need to adapt a bit11:35
jelknerhe is becoming less shy about this11:35
jelknerhe is adapting11:35
jelkneri see him step up more and more11:35
replaceafillcool11:35
jelknerhe brings things up on his own11:35
jelknerthinks about what needs to be done11:35
jelknerand moves things without being told11:35
jelknerthat's leadership11:35
jelknerand he is starting to lead11:35
jelknerwe have both him and arlington community high school to thanks for that11:36
jelknerthey provide him a lot of support in that training11:36
jelknerok, enough said on this?11:37
jelknerwe will revisit it each week11:37
jelknerzOnny, mr_german, replaceafill anything to add?11:38
replaceafilljelkner, i'd take the theme redesign proposal i made11:39
replaceafilljelkner, as an opportunity for mr_german and zOnny to step up11:39
mr_germanjelkner, no11:39
replaceafilljelkner, if you consider that a priority ofc, which i think you do11:39
jelkner+111:39
jelknera BIG +1!11:39
replaceafilljelkner, so far i haven't heard back from them11:39
jelknerwell, no time like the present11:40
replaceafilljelkner, i don't know if they've met to talk about it11:40
jelkneri'll leave you devs to do your thing11:40
jelkneri have teacher work to do11:40
zOnnyreplaceafill: It is ok for me if we agree on that11:40
replaceafillzOnny, *you* have to agree, not us11:40
replaceafillzOnny, jelkner and i know the redesign is important11:40
replaceafillzOnny, but do you?11:40
zOnnyreplaceafill: I agree if it is the best way to move 11:41
replaceafillzOnny, if you do then move it forward (whatever that means at this point)11:41
replaceafillzOnny, and i'll help technically 100%11:41
replaceafillzOnny, but note the technically part11:41
replaceafillzOnny, i think i need to... fade away from my position11:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:42
replaceafillzOnny, but i want to leave whatever you two need in place before time runs out11:42
replaceafillzOnny, like the ansible roles, etc (we can talk more about it later)11:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes, please11:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: well, I am following the ansible roles documentation by now11:43
replaceafillzOnny, don't...11:43
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?11:43
replaceafillzOnny, that won't take you anywhere different from where you are11:43
replaceafillzOnny, and even if you're successful at it, you'll get our old version of helios11:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: Ouch11:44
replaceafillzOnny, since you keep annoying me, kidding :D11:45
replaceafillzOnny, with the ansible stuff11:45
replaceafillzOnny, i went ahead and did this:11:45
replaceafillzOnny, https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/ansible-hostname11:45
replaceafillzOnny, that's this same role: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/ansible-roles/tree/master/roles/hostname11:46
replaceafillzOnny, but it's abstracted on its own11:46
replaceafillzOnny, and more importantly, it has 100% test coverage11:46
replaceafillzOnny, see the molecule directory in there11:46
replaceafillzOnny, that's way way more decent than what we have11:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see11:46
replaceafillzOnny, and it's the same functionality11:46
replaceafillzOnny, that's what we need for libreorganize11:47
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool!11:47
replaceafillzOnny, i kept it under the novawebdevelopment group because i wasn't sure about our name decision yet11:47
replaceafillzOnny, and i'm not sure how we'll manage the new group membership11:47
replaceafillzOnny, but at this point i'm thinking i'll be owner for now, with you and mr_german as maintainers for the new libreorganize group11:48
replaceafillzOnny, if i have to move out, i'll make you owner11:48
zOnnyreplaceafill: uhmmm11:48
replaceafillthis is gitlab permissions btw: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html11:48
replaceafillthere's not much difference between owner and maintainer from practical point of view11:49
zOnnyreplaceafill: I notice it before11:49
zOnny*noticed11:49
replaceafillzOnny, so my plan is to add gitlab CI to the hostname role11:49
replaceafillzOnny, and then update the tendenci role and add tests11:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah11:50
replaceafillzOnny, and put it on its own in gitlab the same way11:50
replaceafillzOnny, then the three of us create the helios one11:50
replaceafillzOnny, well, you and mr_german :)11:50
replaceafillzOnny, based on these initial two11:50
replaceafillzOnny, that'll give you real world ansible experience :)11:50
replaceafillzOnny, and we still have the old ansible-roles repo as a reference11:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see11:51
replaceafillzOnny, and then we create the libreorganize role11:51
replaceafillzOnny, which will integrate everything11:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: yep11:51
replaceafillzOnny, and that'll be the "secret" sauce powering NWD11:52
replaceafillzOnny, and the profit :D11:52
zOnnyreplaceafill:ok11:52
replaceafillzOnny, at that point you'll notice it'll be possible to create just "cms" sites only with configuration11:53
replaceafillzOnny, using the same roles11:53
replaceafillzOnny, ^ that's what we don't have yet11:53
replaceafillzOnny, we've been using a simplified version for this11:53
replaceafillzOnny, which is not optimal11:53
replaceafillzOnny, but it's simpler for you and mr_german to understand11:53
replaceafillzOnny, anyway, that's a lot of dreams...11:54
replaceafillzOnny, we'll see if we pull it off11:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:54
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german anything else you need to discuss?11:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will look at the repo carefully and understand what you have there11:55
mr_germanme too11:55
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german https://molecule.readthedocs.io/en/latest/11:56
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german the hostname role is really really simple11:56
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german it just changes the /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts files11:56
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german under a couple of conditions11:56
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german molecule is what allows you to test the role11:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: we should hango out for having an example about what you mean11:57
replaceafillzOnny, now?11:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: once you get a chance11:57
replaceafillzOnny, let me add gitlab CI first11:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:58
replaceafillzOnny, that's the last part11:58
replaceafillzOnny, ah, and a README :D11:58
replaceafillzOnny, so you can try it locally11:58
replaceafillzOnny, you need to install packages, set up virtualenv, etc11:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah11:58
replaceafillzOnny, and do some weird things that i don't like but couldn't work around11:59
replaceafillzOnny, i have those as notes11:59
replaceafillzOnny, but they need to land in a README11:59
replaceafillzOnny, what's your timeline for work tomorrow?11:59
replaceafillmr_german, same question for you?11:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: We can hang out after 3:10 pm12:00
replaceafillzOnny, what about 4 pm? that's 2 pm for you mr_german?12:00
zOnnyreplaceafill: sound good to me12:01
mr_germanreplaceafill, sure12:01
mr_germanreplaceafill, i don't have problem12:01
mr_german;)12:01
zOnnymr_german: cool12:01
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german cool, i'll demo you this then12:01
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german and we can talk next steps12:02
mr_germanreplaceafill, great, thanks! for your time12:02
mr_german:)12:02
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german anything else?12:02
replaceafillmr_german, you were stuck on something, right?12:02
mr_germanah yeah12:02
replaceafillmr_german, i have time now if you want to discuss12:02
mr_germanwith django messages12:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: not yet12:04
replaceafillzOnny, you seemed to have trouble setting up a new vps?12:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes 12:06
replaceafillzOnny, since you didn't reply to my questions, i assume you're moving forward ;)12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: why is that ?12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: question ?12:07
replaceafillzOnny, i emailed you back with questions...12:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have not received it 12:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: not yet :(12:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: Do the email was sent ?12:09
replaceafillzOnny, Getting down with custom.yml thread12:09
replaceafill"Did you create a passwordless user named "ams" or got an12:09
replaceafillerror at that step?"12:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: I got an error at $ ansible-playbook --inventory example.com, --tags "tendenci" tendenci7.yml --user ams12:10
replaceafillzOnny, "Tracebacks Edzon. Tracebacks are really helpful. I need to see the exact12:11
replaceafillerrors you get."12:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: hold on12:11
replaceafillACTION goes back to gitlab CI, ping me if you need me12:13
replaceafilljelkner, ping12:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: it seems to work now o.O?12:13
replaceafillzOnny, excellent!12:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: Did you change something ?12:16
replaceafillzOnny, nope12:18
zOnnymr_german: are you around12:32
mr_germanzOnny, yes give me a moment12:32
zOnnymr_german: ok12:34
mr_germanzOnny, im back12:37
zOnnymr_german: I solved my problem12:37
mr_germanzOnny, oh, im sorry12:38
zOnnymr_german: I set up the election already12:38
mr_germanzOnny, in your instance?12:38
zOnnymr_german: in our site12:38
mr_germanzOnny, did you send the link?12:39
mr_germanor it is testing?12:39
zOnnymr_german:testing ?12:40
mr_germanzOnny, just asking12:40
zOnnymr_german: can you see it ?12:41
zOnnymr_german: should I send the link?12:41
zOnnymr_german: I set it up for members only 12:42
mr_germanzOnny, what's the title?12:42
zOnnymr_german: it should be the only one in the open elections12:43
zOnnyjelkner: replaceafill ubuntourist mr_german, the election is set12:44
replaceafilland nrcerna :)12:45
mr_germanzOnny, i can see 212:45
zOnnyOops12:45
zOnnynrcerna: as well12:45
mr_german"Openning Our Study" that one?12:45
mr_germanzOnny, 12:45
mr_germanor Libre Organize Logo12:45
mr_german?12:45
zOnnymr_german: it was long time ago12:45
zOnnymr_german: libre organize logo12:46
mr_germanzOnny, k12:46
replaceafillzOnny, i thought we agreed on having multiple choices12:46
replaceafillzOnny, this is a "select only one choice" question12:47
zOnnyreplaceafill: Ouch12:47
zOnnyreplaceafill: multiple ?12:47
replaceafillzOnny, jelkner wanted to vote for 2 options *i think*12:47
replaceafillzOnny, i'm ok with just one choice12:48
replaceafillzOnny, why is "logo 1" not in the choices?12:49
zOnnyreplaceafill: the answer options were limited to 512:50
replaceafillzOnny, you can add more you know12:50
replaceafillzOnny, ask mr_german to demo it for you12:50
replaceafillzOnny, he worked on that12:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: in that  case we need to update our help files 12:50
mr_germanzOnny, replaceafill can i vote now?12:51
replaceafillzOnny, i consider those help files dead, but you're free to differ :)12:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: :D12:51
replaceafillok, voted12:52
replaceafillthis election seemed too suspicious12:52
replaceafill:D12:52
replaceafilllooked like zOnny had his own agenda for it :P12:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: :)12:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: I wonder why Openning Our Study is still runnig?12:54
replaceafillzOnny, because nobody has closed it?12:55
replaceafillzOnny, you should be able to see who created it on the Manage Elections page12:55
replaceafillright mr_german?12:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: I can see it12:55
replaceafillzOnny, so ask the creator about it :)12:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: mr_german did a great job on it12:56
mr_germanreplaceafill, yep12:56
replaceafillzOnny, in standard helios you can even click on it and send them an email ;)12:56
replaceafillzOnny, i don't think we kept that12:56
mr_germanzOnny, tnx12:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: why not ?12:57
replaceafillzOnny, in an ideal world it should take you to tendenci to contact the person12:58
zOnnymr_german: how I can expand the answer options ?12:58
mr_germanzOnny, ?12:58
mr_germanwhat do you mean?12:58
zOnnymr_german: once I have a question12:59
zOnnymr_german: I would like to have 8 answers12:59
zOnnymr_german: it is possible ?12:59
zOnny*is it possible12:59
mr_germanyou can do it, before start the election13:00
mr_germanzOnny, yes, just click "add 5 more"13:00
zOnnymr_german: I am starting my frank right now13:01
mr_germanzOnny, cool13:02
zOnnymr_german: I see13:04
zOnnymr_german: I should be more careful doing the next election13:05
replaceafillzOnny, help-file update! ;)13:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: right13:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: btw. it worked https://keyclubachs.org/13:06
replaceafillzOnny, awesome13:06
ubuntouristreplaceafill, did you set up the novawebdev mailbox on webfaction? If so, I just changed the password...13:09
ubuntouristreplaceafill, (And even if you didn't... I just changed the password.) ;-)13:10
replaceafillubuntourist, i don't think so13:10
replaceafillubuntourist, :D13:10
replaceafillubuntourist, cool, i think we have a doc for it, right?13:10
ubuntouristreplaceafill, probably.  By now you should have received a couple of e-mails from Python. 13:10
replaceafillubuntourist, yes13:11
ubuntouristreplaceafill, I ripped some test code out of my RSIA Visitors Django code and, lo and behold, with minor mods it still works. ;-)13:11
mr_germanzOnny, i can teach u13:11
replaceafillubuntourist, this is what i created when i set up the support@ mailbox13:11
replaceafillhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1y9cf1wNYa4dbX7WzM39NrG5Q-nULxy8d404jLys8uTg/edit13:11
ubuntouristAh.13:12
zOnnymr_german: sure13:12
zOnnymr_german: you are the master on frank at this time13:13
mr_germanzOnny, not at all lol13:13
ubuntouristreplaceafill, in any case, the hope is that the mailer can be tied to whatever stores the form data on novawebdevelopment.org.13:13
replaceafillubuntourist, ah, i see13:15
replaceafillubuntourist, i don't think tendenci has any plug point for form submissions, but i'll investigate13:15
ubuntouristreplaceafill, but, according to jelkner thus far we've gotten nothing but spam in that. So, time for a CAPTCHA and any other spam-prevention techniques.13:15
replaceafillubuntourist, +113:16
replaceafillubuntourist, i don't like it but google's recaptcha is way better than tendenci's13:16
replaceafillubuntourist, and tendenci already supports that13:16
replaceafillubuntourist, i doubt this is up to date but here it is anyway: https://www.tendenci.com/help-files/how-use-google-recaptcha-tendenci-site/13:17
ubuntouristreplaceafill, Well, when Google's CAPTCHA asks 32 times for "Click on the cars", it starts to get a bit old. So, can it be kept too complex for spambots but simple enough not to chase people off?13:18
replaceafillubuntourist, i have never set it up before so not sure13:19
ubuntouristreplaceafill, Maybe something that indicates they've actually looked at our site. e.g. "Who is this a picture of?" or "What is our our postal code?"13:23
ubuntouristreplaceafill, zOnny, jelkner I just looked. The web form ALREADY uses a CAPTCHA.13:23
replaceafillubuntourist, yes, but it's too weak at this point13:23
replaceafillubuntourist, easily broken13:24
ubuntouristreplaceafill, Ah.13:24
replaceafillubuntourist, as you can see in the spam13:24
replaceafillubuntourist, spammers are really good at it :)13:24
ubuntouristreplaceafill, That was kind of my point: If we're still getting spam, then the CAPTCHA isn't working.13:24
replaceafillubuntourist, even tendenci.com is using google's recaptcha: https://www.tendenci.com/accounts/register/13:25
ubuntouristzOnny, just pointed out: The "Contact Us" at the top of the home page takes one to a different form without the CAPTCHA. He's working on it.13:26
ubuntouristreplaceafill, I meant zOnny is working on making everything go to a single form.13:28
replaceafillubuntourist, ah, cool13:28
replaceafillzOnny, we only need one form under /forms/ right?13:28
zOnnyreplaceafill: right13:28
zOnnyreplaceafill: fixing it13:29
replaceafillzOnny, please get rid of the rest13:29
zOnnyreplaceafill: can you check the CI in the novawebdev_prod13:34
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am trying to make it work since this morinig13:34
zOnnyreplaceafill: my local instance runs different to the prod :(13:35
replaceafillzOnny, what's the expected change?13:35
zOnnyreplaceafill: the form 3 should display in both13:36
replaceafillzOnny, in both what?13:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: in the homepage and contact navigation13:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: it does in my local instance but not in prod :(13:36
replaceafillzOnny, it's a caching issue13:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: it should display like this https://imgur.com/a/u6mR9AA13:38
replaceafillzOnny, the template changes don't ping the tendenci service13:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah13:38
replaceafillzOnny, i just restarted manually13:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool13:39
replaceafillzOnny, can you fix the 1 in /contact-us-1/13:39
replaceafillzOnny, and by fix i mean remove it13:39
mjsir911replaceafill: quick schooltool question whenever you are available, is `redis-dump.rdb` important for a migration? I can't find it in any backup documentation13:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: contact-us-1 is the one displaying in both13:41
replaceafillzOnny, i know, but can you make the url to be /contact-us/13:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: sure13:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: once I rid of the rest13:42
replaceafillmjsir911, it shouldn't be critical to lose it13:42
replaceafillmjsir911, it's just the messages for celery iirc13:42
mjsir911alright thanks13:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: I noticed something weird13:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: Did you know that in the forms contact id 1 cannot be deleted ?13:52
replaceafillzOnny, because a template is expecting it?13:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: :O13:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: which template ?13:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: the form template ?13:53
zOnny*forms13:54
replaceafillzOnny, i'm asking you if that's the cause?13:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: I don't think so13:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: To be honest I don't find the reason why it cannot be deleted13:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am not using the form anymore13:58
replaceafillzOnny, do you get an error?13:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: right13:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: interesting14:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: I just deleted it14:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: it seems that the slug was the cause of it14:08
replaceafillzOnny, cool, thanks for figuring it out14:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: Oops!14:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: once I deleted the id 4 it deleted the id 3 as well14:11
replaceafillzOnny, hm?14:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: I was trying to keep the id 3 only for our contact form14:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: id 4 was not needed then I deleted it but it took id 3 with it14:14
replaceafillzOnny, wait... are you doing this in the public instance?!?!?14:14
replaceafillzOnny, i thought you were trying things out in your dev instance14:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: you said delete the rest of the forms14:15
replaceafillzOnny, yes14:15
replaceafillzOnny, so the weirdness you've been talking about is because of that?14:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes14:16
replaceafillACTION pauses the gitlab fiasco14:16
replaceafillzOnny, let me see14:16
replaceafillzOnny, so i don't see any forms in /forms/14:17
replaceafillzOnny, same in /admin/forms/form/14:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: right14:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: once I deleted form id 4 it deleted id 3  as well14:17
replaceafillzOnny, so you need 3 back?14:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: I was trying to keep id 3 for our contact information14:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes14:18
replaceafillzOnny, ok it's back14:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks14:19
replaceafillzOnny, np14:19
replaceafillzOnny, see? i reall hate it, but it's a good thing tendenci just hides things instead of deleting14:20
replaceafillzOnny, that's why we shouldn't rely on ids14:20
replaceafillzOnny, because you can't control the database sequence14:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: that is really cool14:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: I just received your replied Email :)14:24
replaceafillzOnny, yeah right...14:24
replaceafillzOnny, the one i sent yesterday?14:25
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes 14:25
replaceafillzOnny, that is weird :)14:25
replaceafillACTION signs off for the day15:22
jelknerACTION signs off for the day15:28
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev17:22
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev18:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!