IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2018-11-11

*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev09:43
Big_BrotherLook at finances for rest of November (jelkner)10:00
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:07
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev10:09
zOnny!remind Should we start using tendenci11 for the new CMS Websites?10:14
Big_Brother"Should we start using tendenci11 for the new CMS Websites?" added to message queue10:14
zOnnymr_german: are you around ?10:15
mr_germanzOnny, hey10:15
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev10:16
mjsir911!remind10:16
Big_BrotherShould we start using tendenci11 for the new CMS Websites? (zOnny) 10:16
*** Big_Brother has joined #NovaWebDev10:18
*** Big_Brother has joined #novawebdev10:18
zOnnymr_german: can I meet with you ?10:19
mjsir911!remind10:20
Big_BrotherLook at finances for rest of November (jelkner) 10:20
Big_BrotherShould we start using tendenci11 for the new CMS Websites? (zOnny) 10:20
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:54
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:54
mr_germanhello jelkner x)10:54
jelknermr_german, good morning!10:56
mr_germangood day jelkner 10:57
mr_germano/10:57
jelknermr_german, i'm working with mjsir911 to get our libreorganize apps packaged for the ubuntu touch open store10:57
jelknerso i'll have ora, aea, nea4or, and novalaciro on my home page10:58
jelknerof my ubuntu phone10:58
jelknerwe are going to make nova web the owner of the apps10:58
jelknerso it is good publicity for us as well10:58
jelknermjsir911 says he can finish that today10:58
mr_germanjelkner, that sounds good10:58
jelknerdo i can use it to sign in the meeting tomorrow night10:59
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev10:59
jelknerwelcome to our meeting, hrodriguez 10:59
jelknerit is great to have you here!10:59
Big_BrotherLook at finances for rest of November (jelkner)11:00
Big_BrotherShould we start using tendenci11 for the new CMS Websites? (zOnny)11:00
replaceafill:S11:00
mr_germanhello everybody o/11:00
replaceafillgood morning everybody11:00
jelknergood morning11:00
ubuntouristHullo11:00
mjsir911morning11:00
hrodriguezGood Morning!11:01
mr_germanthanks to jelkner that i have the opportunity to be on chair, so. lets start!11:01
mr_germanwho wants to start?11:02
jelknerahh, mr german11:02
jelkneryou look at the agenda11:02
jelknerand call the items11:02
jelknerso you start11:02
jelknerthat's what the chair does11:02
jelknermove the items11:02
mr_germanoh, well, first item11:03
jelknerwhich is finances11:03
mr_german"Look at finances for rest of November"11:03
jelkneri'll take that11:03
jelknerand make it quick11:03
mr_germango ahead jelkner 11:03
jelknerplease reach out to lelkner-alfaro if you aren't getting paid11:03
jelkneri am going to setup an automatic deposit of $1K per month11:04
jelkner(plus transfer cost)11:04
jelknerinto our accout11:04
jelknerwhich will go to mr_german 11:04
jelknerthanks to the gallaudet gig11:04
jelknerwe can support zOnny for the next month11:04
jelknerubuntourist had kindly offered to take care of lelkneralfaro11:04
replaceafilldid zOnny get paid for october?11:05
zOnnynot yet11:05
replaceafillok11:05
ubuntouristspeaking of the OTHER Gallaudet gig: jelkner need to remember the Scope of Work document so I can invoice for October.11:05
jelknerbut lelkneralfaro called him11:05
jelknerand said its coming11:05
replaceafillgreat11:05
replaceafillmr_german, please contact lelkneralfaro too11:05
mr_germanreplaceafill, ok11:05
replaceafillmr_german, asking for your "october" payment11:06
jelknerso that's all on that11:06
jelknerremember everyone11:06
jelknerthe squeeky wheel gets the oil11:06
jelknerso "squeek, squeek"! when you're not getting paid11:06
jelknerACTION is done with that11:06
mr_germanjelkner, cool, lets move to item #2 in that case11:06
mr_german"Confirm sign-in is ready for ORA Monday meeting"11:06
jelknerreplaceafill, is is ready?11:07
replaceafillyes11:07
jelknercool, hrodriguez and i will both be there11:07
replaceafillit *should* work11:07
jelkneroh no!11:07
jelknerlol11:07
jelknerok, let's hope it does11:07
jelknerreplaceafill, can you be on hand for an emergency?11:07
replaceafilljelkner, i will11:07
jelknernice11:07
jelknerACTION is done with that item11:08
mr_germancool replaceafill 11:08
ubuntouristreplaceafill, "This product comes without warranty. Use at own risk. Contents may settle on shipping..."11:08
replaceafillubuntourist, :D11:08
replaceafill"this product works sometimes only...11:08
mr_germananything else replaceafill ?11:09
replaceafillno11:09
replaceafillsorry for interrupting :(11:09
mr_germannp ;)11:09
mr_germanlet's move to item #311:09
mr_german"Check-in on Libre Organize plans and priorities"11:09
jelkneri just wanted to make sure mr_german and zOnny are clear on what they are doing with libre organize11:10
replaceafilli have one comment related to point 3 and 511:10
replaceafillplans and tendenci 1111:10
zOnnywell, I have been meeting with mr_german on friday and he has done the way our product should look like11:10
replaceafillyes, we should start using 11 now, that's what mr_german has been working on11:10
ubuntouristzOnny, mr_german, If you have a second, check your inbox:11:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have cc all of you in the new customer email11:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: Do we need to get branches as well ?11:11
mr_germanubuntourist, it works, i got an new email11:11
replaceafillzOnny, i think mr_german can help you setting up a 11 branch for ansible_roles11:12
ubuntouristzOnny, mr_german, You should have just received a test message sent to "libreorganize@novawebdevelopment.org" (to be used for support questions).11:12
zOnnyubuntourist: I got it11:12
replaceafillif we are all in (decide) now on the libreorganize name, maybe we should by the .org domain11:12
replaceafillbuy*11:13
ubuntourist"Luvly" as the Brits say.11:13
ubuntourist+111:13
jelkner+111:13
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro should do that, correct?11:14
zOnny+111:14
jelknerthat would be me, replaceafill 11:14
replaceafilljelkner, oh o11:14
replaceafillk11:14
jelknerand i will11:14
mjsir911What would it be pointing to to start off with?11:14
replaceafillcool, thanks11:14
jelknerand then give ubuntourist and mjsir911 admin on it11:14
replaceafillgitlab if we start adding projects there11:15
replaceafillfor now, i'd say11:15
replaceafillunless someone know of another cheap alternative11:16
replaceafillzOnny, you're already familiar with gitlab pages, right?11:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: yep11:16
replaceafillzOnny, cool11:16
jelknerlibreorganize.org has just been purchased11:17
replaceafill:|11:17
replaceafillyou're too efficient jelkner ;)11:17
mr_germanjaja11:17
replaceafilljelkner, did you use namecheap?11:17
ubuntourist(FYI: static pages on gitlab is what's being discussed in case it wasn't clear.)11:18
mr_germani think, if that's all we can move right?11:19
jelknerreplaceafill, do you want manage rights on the domain?11:19
replaceafilljelkner, i think we all should have manage11:19
jelknerdo you have a namecheap account?11:19
replaceafilljelkner, we all have namecheap accounts11:19
jelknerno, ubuntourist does not11:19
replaceafilljelkner, oh ok11:20
ubuntouristreplaceafill, I do?11:20
jelkneror he said he doesn't11:20
replaceafilljelkner, all of us except ubuntourist :D11:20
replaceafillubuntourist, i don't think so11:20
jelknerwhat's yours, replaceafill 11:20
replaceafilljelkner, replaceafillnova11:20
replaceafillone thing i hate about namecheap is that only the owner/buyer can grant admin to others11:20
replaceafilladmins can't give admin :(11:21
replaceafilljelkner, got the invitation, thanks11:22
jelknermr_german, what is your namecheap account?11:22
zOnnyjelkner: I got it11:22
mr_germanjelkner, let me check11:22
jelknerubuntourist just scolded me appropriately for getting into the weeds11:22
jelknermr_german, that's part of chairing11:22
jelkneryou should have slapped my hand11:23
jelknerwe need to finish meeting in 9 minutes11:23
mr_germansi lets move11:23
mr_germanso*11:23
jelknerand *then* take care of things like this11:23
ubuntourist(No need to take care of namecheap tweaking during meeting time, to be specific.)11:23
replaceafillubuntourist, +111:23
mr_germanSo. lets move to item 411:24
mr_german"Kudos to replaceafill regarding the Gallaudet ARA project"11:24
jelknerwe all love you, replaceafill!11:24
replaceafillACTION blushes11:24
ubuntouristI gather from replaceafill things with Senda et al went "swimmingly"11:24
replaceafilli have to thank ubuntourist for his help too11:25
ubuntouristThe Annual Report of Achievements for FY 2018 is on its way!11:25
jelknerthank you, ubuntourist 11:25
jelknerteam work!11:25
replaceafill:)11:25
ubuntourist(Or at least it's on its way from Senda to whoever is next in the chain. It may come back with minor tweaks but it sounded "ready".)11:26
replaceafillyes11:26
replaceafilli'll be in stand by this week11:26
replaceafillfor those11:26
ubuntouristI need to send a "Thanks" to Brian for his willingness to help, and let him know he's off the hook.11:26
ubuntouristACTION is done11:27
replaceafill+111:27
replaceafillACTION done11:27
mr_germancool11:27
mr_germanI think we are done jelkner 11:27
jelknerwell, mr_german, there is one last thing you need to do ;-(11:28
jelkner:-)11:28
mr_germanoh yeah11:28
mr_germanmb11:28
mr_germanLast item11:28
mr_german"Should we start using tendenci11 for the new CMS Websites?"11:28
jelknermr_german, we did that11:28
jelkneri mean something about dropping a bag11:28
mr_germanoh11:28
replaceafill:D11:28
mr_germancool11:29
mr_germanACTION drops the bag of gravel11:29
jelknernice job, mr_german!11:29
jelkneroops11:29
jelknerwe did forget one last task11:29
jelknerwho chairs next week?11:29
ubuntouristmr_german, (That last item got covered out of order. But since it was listed, good to mention it.)11:29
mr_germanjelkner, i can be the chair again11:29
jelknersure11:29
jelknerto get practice11:30
mr_germanjelkner, cool11:30
jelknerafter that we will rotate again11:30
jelknerperfect11:30
mr_german1+11:30
replaceafillthanks for volunteering mr_german11:30
replaceafillgood job11:30
mr_germanreplaceafill, ;)11:30
mr_germanthanks!11:30
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german anything you need from me?11:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes11:31
mr_germanreplaceafill, no, im ok11:31
replaceafillmr_german, i may need you to help zOnny11:31
replaceafillzOnny, yes?11:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: can you help me with this https://paste.pound-python.org/show/DrM7XFPQuDeMxvuibubO/11:31
replaceafillzOnny, the log looks fine11:32
replaceafillzOnny, is tendenci 11 getting slugish (slow) for you?11:32
replaceafillzOnny, we discussed that with mr_german last week11:33
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes11:33
replaceafillmr_german, care to explain why that happens?11:33
replaceafillmr_german, and how to fix it11:33
mr_germanreplaceafill, yes11:34
zOnnymr_german: that will be great11:34
mr_germanzOnny, give me a sec11:35
zOnnymr_german: cool11:35
zOnnyreplaceafill: Do I need to have a preo for each project with tendenci 11?11:36
zOnny*repo11:36
replaceafillzOnny, that's your call at this point :)11:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: How the workflow should be ?11:36
replaceafillzOnny, you and mr_german decide that now11:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:36
replaceafillzOnny, both of you know enough by now to do it11:36
replaceafillzOnny, you have suffered and have heard me complain11:36
replaceafillzOnny, one thing i should recommend11:37
replaceafillzOnny, regarding the workflow11:37
replaceafillzOnny, so far it has been "developer updates branch -> branch gets deployed"11:37
replaceafillzOnny, i'd make that last step manual11:38
replaceafillzOnny, and by manual i don't mean "ssh into the sever and pull from therE"11:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: no ?11:38
replaceafillzOnny, by manual i mean "not automatic"11:38
replaceafillzOnny, we have had cases where we notice problems just after deploying11:39
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah11:39
replaceafillzOnny, and then need to make quick fixes shortly after11:39
replaceafillzOnny, if you make that "easy but not automatic"11:39
replaceafillzOnny, you'll have an opportunity of double checking11:40
replaceafillzOnny, that's only my two cents on it11:40
replaceafillzOnny, but you design it as you like11:40
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german alos11:40
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german now that tendenci 11 is fixed11:40
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german you should update the ansible-roles to have a tendenci11 branch11:40
mr_germanreplaceafill, it is tendenci11 fixed?11:41
replaceafillmr_german, yes, a new version was released on tuesday/wednesday11:41
replaceafill11.0.6 iirc11:41
mr_germanreplaceafill, so.. zOnny can pull fixes11:41
mr_german?11:42
replaceafillevery time you see a "version bump" commit in github:11:42
replaceafillhttps://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/commit/ed588b1159589686af58c18bc656eac51c0aa61611:42
replaceafillthat means a new version has been released to pypi11:42
replaceafilland we can start using it11:42
replaceafillmr_german, pull what fixes?11:42
mr_germanreplaceafill, logs11:42
mr_german?11:42
replaceafillmr_german, the new version doesn't fix logging11:43
replaceafillmr_german, it fixes the initial migration bug we found11:43
mr_germanreplaceafill, oh ok11:43
replaceafillzOnny, what do you need to keep going?11:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: just  know how should we start using tendenci1111:44
replaceafillmr_german, has started doing that11:45
replaceafillzOnny, so i'll support any way you decide11:45
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:45
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german if you need me to do anything to help, let me know11:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will11:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: one more thing11:46
replaceafillzOnny, yes?11:46
mr_germanreplaceafill, ok11:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have merged novawebdev_dev to _prod :(11:46
replaceafillzOnny, ah crap11:47
replaceafillzOnny, that damn CI....11:47
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks11:47
replaceafillzOnny, check again please11:48
zOnnyreplaceafill: works11:49
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks11:49
replaceafillzOnny, if you can, include the libreorganize gitlab page in your week11:50
replaceafillzOnny,  i know you have client work to do ofc11:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will11:51
replaceafillzOnny, do you have admin on the namecheap domain now?11:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: which Domain ?11:51
replaceafilllibreorganize.org11:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes11:51
replaceafillzOnny, cool11:52
mr_germanzOnny, im creating a new tendenci1111:52
zOnnymr_german: cool11:53
zOnnymr_german: let me know how that goes11:53
mr_germanzOnny, sure11:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: what should I do with the Gitlab pages ?11:54
replaceafillzOnny, set a simple homepage for libreorganize11:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: got it11:56
replaceafillzOnny, maybe just the logo and what's the project about11:56
replaceafillzOnny, "Web platform for local unions and progressive organizations that supports: membership management, meeting attendance, online discussion forums for members and validated, secure, anonymous online voting."11:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks11:57
replaceafillzOnny, don't spend too much on it11:57
replaceafillzOnny, it's just a placeholder11:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah11:57
replaceafillzOnny, we can decide on a better solution later11:57
replaceafillzOnny, but i'd stop sending libreoganize explanations to the novawebdev website11:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?11:58
replaceafillzOnny, links talking about the project11:58
replaceafillzOnny, like if you're giving a talk, etc11:58
replaceafillzOnny, instead of pointing to nwd.org/services11:59
replaceafillzOnny, we point to libreorganize.org11:59
replaceafillzOnny, "join us", etc etc11:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: that can help11:59
replaceafillzOnny, "support us", etc11:59
zOnnyreplaceafill: True11:59
replaceafillzOnny, libreorganize as a project seems more independent12:00
replaceafillok12:00
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german anything else?12:00
zOnnyreplaceafill: my only concern with tendenci11 will be with ansible roles 12:00
replaceafillzOnny, why?12:00
replaceafillzOnny, have you had a chance of following up with ansible?12:01
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have done it with tendenci712:02
replaceafillmr_german, maybe that's something we should work on this week12:02
zOnnyreplaceafill: I don't know how I will end with tendenci1112:02
mr_germanreplaceafill, yes, we can12:02
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will figure out 12:03
replaceafillzOnny, no12:03
replaceafillzOnny, we need to plan12:03
replaceafillzOnny, if you're doing that we should do something else then12:03
replaceafillzOnny, we shouldn't be all working on the same thing12:03
replaceafillzOnny, if you need a tendenci11 this minut12:03
replaceafille12:03
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german can help you with that12:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool12:04
replaceafillmr_german, you used the tendenci11 snippet, right?12:04
replaceafillif you need to set up a *server*, that's a different story12:04
mr_germanyes12:04
mr_germanbtw12:04
zOnnyreplaceafill: right12:04
replaceafilland that's what should be worked on this week12:04
mr_germani dont remember if i removed12:05
mr_german"enable_console_log()"12:05
mr_germanand that fixed it12:05
replaceafillyes12:05
replaceafilllogging is what makes 11 slow12:05
mr_germanzOnny, go to your settings.pyp12:05
mr_germanpy*12:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am going to start in the UofPeople this week12:05
mr_germanin your project12:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: UofPeople "University of the poeple"12:06
replaceafillzOnny, you mean studying?12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will probably drop it12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes 12:06
replaceafillzOnny, are you bringing that up to say you'll be busier?12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have been dealing with many things at once12:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes12:07
replaceafillzOnny, ok, one more reason for you not to take care of the ansible stuff12:07
replaceafillmr_german, we12:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: two colleges will keep me busy12:07
replaceafill'll do that this week, ok?12:07
replaceafillzOnny, but think of all the learning you'll get ;)12:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: but I am learning here as well12:08
replaceafillok, i don't want to keep distracting you12:08
replaceafillare you guys on track to keep going?12:08
mr_germanzOnny, ik how to fix your problem12:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?12:09
zOnnymr_german: cool12:09
mr_germanzOnny, do you have your intance running?12:10
replaceafillbrb12:10
zOnnymr_german: yes12:10
zOnnymr_german: In disabled two thinks to rid of the erros12:11
zOnny*erros12:11
zOnnymr_german: it works when I commented these lines12:11
zOnnymr_german: hold on12:11
mr_germanzOnny, ok12:13
zOnnymr_german: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/lPP7jgUNXuD03leE93V6/12:13
zOnnywhen I commented it in the settings works12:13
mr_germanzOnny, it works now?12:13
mr_germanyes, thats what i did12:13
zOnnymr_german: :D12:13
mr_german1+12:13
zOnnyI went to the tendenci installation and compare with the snipped12:14
zOnnymr_german: how would you like to start the new projects with tendenci1112:20
zOnnymr_german: I was about to start creating one repo for each one12:21
zOnnymr_german: Do you like to work the same as we did with tendenci7 ?12:22
jelknermr_german, what is your namecheap user name?12:23
mr_germanzOnny, new repo for each theme12:23
mr_germanjelkner, oh give me a sec12:23
jelknerwe are about to go to lunch12:23
zOnnymr_german: yes12:23
jelknerbut i wanted to set that first12:23
zOnnymr_german: we need to decide that 12:23
mr_germanjelkner, username: GFbot12:24
mr_germanups12:24
mr_german"gfbot"12:24
mr_germanjelkner, i got an email12:27
mr_germanfrom you and namecheap12:27
zOnnymr_german: Are you will be around ?12:27
jelknermr_german, invitation sent12:28
jelknerACTION going to lunch12:28
zOnnymr_german: we need to decide because I will start a new project with tendenci1112:31
mr_germanzOnny, yes12:32
zOnnymr_german: what are your thoughts about it12:32
mr_germanzOnny, im just thinking about the app/theme12:32
mr_germanlol12:32
zOnnymr_german: ah12:33
zOnnymr_german: I will need to leave with the team to lunch12:33
mr_germanzOnny, ok12:37
mr_germanzOnny, i'll be arpound12:37
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev13:50
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev13:50
zOnnymr_german: are you around ?13:57
mr_germanzOnny, tell me14:18
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev14:34
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev14:35
jelknermr_german, you haven't accepted my invitation to libreorganize domain management yet14:36
jelknermjsir911, you either14:36
mr_germanjelkner, 14:37
mr_germandone14:37
mr_germancan you check it again14:37
mr_german?14:37
jelkneryup, thanks mr_german 14:38
jelknernow we're just waiting for mjsir911 14:38
replaceafillACTION goes back home15:40
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev15:47
zOnnymr_german: have you think about ?16:11
mr_germanzOnny, ?16:12
zOnnymr_german: about our tendenci11 workflow 16:13
jelknerok, mr_german signing off for the day17:06
jelknerhasta tomorrow17:06
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev17:42
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev20:35

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!