IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2018-11-25

*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev09:34
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev10:03
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:11
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:37
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:39
jelkner!remind10:40
jelkner!remind 'Update on lelkneralfaro status'10:41
Big_Brother"Update on lelkneralfaro status" added to message queue10:41
jelkner!remind 'Reach out to Deigo?'10:41
Big_Brother"Reach out to Deigo?" added to message queue10:41
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev10:44
*** zOnny_ has joined #novawebdev10:44
zOnny_!remind Dog-fooding: libreorganize_events10:46
Big_Brother"Dog-fooding: libreorganize_events" added to message queue10:46
ubuntourist!remind Approximate font for logo's "WEB DEVELOPMENT" = "Chivo Black". See https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/company-docs/stationary/blob/master/README.md10:47
Big_BrotherInvalid arguments: No closing quotation.10:47
ubuntourist!remind Approximate font for logo "WEB DEVELOPMENT" text = "Chivo Black". See https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/company-docs/stationary/blob/master/README.md10:48
Big_Brother"Approximate font for logo WEB DEVELOPMENT text = Chivo Black. See https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/company-docs/stationary/blob/master/README.md" added to message queue10:48
zOnny_replaceafill: mr_german can we hangout after the meeting ?10:50
zOnny_replaceafill: good morning 10:51
zOnny_mr_german: good morning10:51
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:54
jelkner!remind10:54
Big_BrotherUpdate on lelkneralfaro status (jelkner) 10:54
mr_germanhello10:55
mr_germanzOnny_, sure10:55
zOnny_mr_german: cool10:56
replaceafillACTION is back10:59
replaceafillzOnny_, i don't think i can hangout today10:59
replaceafillzOnny_, i can chat though10:59
jelknertrust irc, it's better ;-)10:59
zOnny_replaceafill: that works10:59
Big_BrotherUpdate on lelkneralfaro status (jelkner)11:00
jelknerGood morning everyone11:00
jelknerlet's dive right in11:00
jelkneragenda item 111:00
replaceafillgood morning11:00
jelknerlelkneralfaro needs to move on in his life11:00
jelknerhe is requesting that we remove him from all our communications11:00
replaceafilljelkner, are you going to take care of his tasks?11:01
jelknerso we need to remove his email (or should we forward it to one of us?)11:01
jelkneri'll do my best, replaceafill 11:01
jelknerbut agenda item 2 will talk about that11:01
jelknerso, zOnny_, can you remove him from our website today?11:01
zOnny_jelkner: ok11:02
jelknerand ubuntourist, can you please figure out what to do with his email?11:02
replaceafilljelkner, i can take care of his email, who should we fwd it to?11:02
jelkneri guess me11:02
replaceafilljelkner, cool11:02
jelkneralso, we will be removing him from our bank account tomorrow11:02
jelkneri already asked zOnny_ to take his place11:03
jelknersince the 2 of us live near the bank11:03
jelknerok, that's all i have on that11:03
jelknerexcept to say that we now have 6 voting members:11:03
jelknerzOnny_, mr_german, replaceafill, ubuntourist, jelkner, and nrcerna11:04
jelkneritem number 2:11:04
jelkneri would like to ask diego if he could take on lelkneralfaro's 10 hours per month11:04
jelknerbut we need to vote on that11:05
jelknernrcerna is not here11:05
jelknerthe rest of us are11:05
jelkneri propose that we make this contingent on his agreeing to attend sunday meetings11:05
jelknerthoughts?11:05
replaceafillno problem on my part11:06
zOnny_we can create an election and let ncerna vote once she get a chance11:06
ubuntouristSure. Probationary / trial... but sure.11:06
jelknermr_german?11:06
mr_germanjelkner, yes11:06
jelkneroh mr_german...11:06
mr_germansr11:06
jelknerthat is 5 of 611:07
jelknerwe don't need a vote11:07
jelknerso i'll talk to him11:07
jelknerbut, it does lead right to the next agenda item11:07
jelkner3. dog fooding libre organzie11:07
jelknertake it away, zOnny_ 11:07
zOnny_replaceafill: have been given me examples how to override events form on friday11:08
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev11:08
jelknergood morning, hrodriguez 11:08
zOnny_replaceafill: clarify my thoughts about fixing it11:08
jelknerzOnny_, before you talk about taht11:09
jelknerwhich is an after the meeting talk11:09
jelknersince the meeting is for planning11:09
jelknernot discussing implementation11:09
jelkneri thought you were going to talk about our discussion from this morning11:09
*** mjsir911_ has joined #novawebdev11:09
jelknerbasically, what is our timeline for setting up libreorganzie python3 for us to dogfood?11:10
jelknerwe should test it first, naturally11:10
zOnny_jelkner: correct11:10
replaceafillend of the year is my goal11:10
jelknerwe can use all four features: voting, events, discussions11:10
jelknerperfect, replaceafill 11:10
replaceafillright before i move to my new job11:10
jelknergreat11:10
jelknerokie dokie11:10
replaceafilland yes, plan is to switch novawebdev first11:10
jelkner+111:11
jelknerby several months11:11
jelknerwe need to really test it well11:11
jelknerbefore we move everyone else11:11
replaceafill+111:11
zOnny_replaceafill: any thoughts about testing events form ?11:11
replaceafillzOnny_, is it finished?11:12
jelkneranything else?11:12
jelknerok, last item, logo font, ubuntourist 11:12
ubuntouristNothing deep. Last week mjsir911_  suggested that we use an actual font instead of "paths" for the logo and we should use the better SVG. (We have a few.)11:13
ubuntouristThe better SVG is the "golden" one but can be styled with CSS to whatever color we need.11:14
ubuntouristEmbedding the font, however, remains for a future date. See the README.md for more detail.11:14
jelknerubuntourist, we need to get nrcerna in on this discussion11:14
jelknerbut i think it is important indeed11:14
zOnny_ubuntourist: I received nrcerna SVG fixes11:14
ubuntouristShe was CC'd in a message yesterday or the day before.11:15
ubuntouristThat's it for me, though I want to see what zOnny_ is talking about so that we're not working at cross-purposes.11:15
jelknergreat, you two should compare notes11:16
jelknerok, anything else, anyone?11:16
replaceafilli have one11:16
jelknergo for it11:16
replaceafillsorry that i didn't add it to the agenda11:16
ubuntouristreplaceafill, you suck.11:16
replaceafillthis is the last week of november11:16
replaceafillubuntourist, i know11:16
replaceafilli think we extended our contract with gallaudet11:17
replaceafilluntil november11:17
replaceafillso we should invoice them by the end of the week11:17
jelknerreplaceafill, i need to work with lelknerafaro on that, yes?11:17
replaceafilljelkner, ideally yes11:18
jelkneri will11:18
replaceafilljelkner, cool, thanks11:18
replaceafillACTION done11:18
jelknersuper11:18
jelkneranything else, anyone?11:18
jelknerok, who can chair next week?11:18
jelknerubuntourist?11:19
ubuntouristreplaceafill, in the past, I've just made a PDF from a spreadsheet and sent it to lelknerafaro and directly to the responsible party at Gallaudet.11:19
ubuntouristSure.11:19
jelknersweet11:19
jelknerACTION drops the bag of gravel11:19
replaceafillubuntourist, yeah i guess i can just send the invoice to Senda11:19
mr_germanzOnny_, you there?11:19
zOnny_mr_german: yes11:19
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:19
mr_germanzOnny_, we can talk11:19
mr_germanif you want11:19
zOnny_mr_german: sure11:20
replaceafillzOnny_, do you need anything from me?11:20
ubuntouristmjsir911, welcome?11:20
jelknerreplaceafill, i spoke briefly to aelkner about helios11:20
jelknerhe doesn't know what he would be able to offer in terms of help11:20
mjsir911oh hi, sorry, connection is cutting in and out11:20
jelknerbut he would like me to setup a meeting with you and mjsir911 to talk about it11:20
zOnny_replaceafill: I was testing the forms.py to fix some fields11:20
jelknercould we do that next sunday?11:21
zOnny_replaceafill: there is a chance that I can let jelkner test it ?11:21
replaceafilljelkner, i'll be in Santa Ana next sunday11:21
zOnny_replaceafill: I am planning in using our tendenci@host server11:21
replaceafilljelkner, i can chat from there, but not hang out11:21
jelkneri mean here at 11:30 am11:22
jelknerreplaceafill, 11:22
replaceafilljelkner, sure11:22
jelknercool11:22
replaceafilljelkner, if irc works +111:22
jelknerunderstood11:22
replaceafilljelkner, zOnny_ ok, can we talk about testing?11:22
replaceafillzOnny_, in the past i've know that jelkner always complains about dummy testing11:23
replaceafillzOnny_, unless jelkner has agreed on doing dummy testing this time11:23
replaceafillzOnny_, i think the fastest route is that you port what you're doing to tendenci 711:23
jelknerand i will still complain11:24
zOnny_replaceafill: not sure which should be the best way on doing it11:24
replaceafillzOnny_, and we deploy that into novawebdevelopment11:24
zOnny_replaceafill: ok11:24
replaceafillzOnny_, you didn't answer my previous question11:24
replaceafillzOnny_, are you done?11:24
replaceafillzOnny_, is it finished?11:24
replaceafillzOnny_, does it do all it has to do (enable registration automatically, set dates accordingly, etc)11:24
zOnny_replaceafill: I don't know how simple that should be done11:24
*** mjsir911_ has joined #novawebdev11:24
jelkneri don't have time for dummy testing11:24
jelknerthat's why dogfooding is so important11:25
replaceafilljelkner, thanks for clarifying that11:25
jelknerits testing that is also getting work done11:25
zOnny_replaceafill: I will keep receiving feedback to cleaning  the unneeded fields11:25
replaceafilland i don't think we're in dogfooding position until mr_german or i have dummy tested it11:25
mr_germanyep11:26
mr_germanreplaceafill, we are going to start tomorrow11:26
replaceafillzOnny_, we could schedule that this week11:26
replaceafillmr_german, cool11:26
replaceafillmr_german, zOnny_ so you two can go ahead and plan that11:26
replaceafillmr_german, zOnny_ the requirement is simple11:26
replaceafillmr_german, zOnny_ make the sign in attendance button work with the new implementation11:27
replaceafillmr_german, zOnny_ is that clear?11:27
replaceafillzOnny_, in case you don't mr_german knows how to set up the sign in button11:27
replaceafillzOnny_, and how to dummy test it11:28
mr_german1+11:28
replaceafillso i think the best plan would be:11:28
replaceafillset up a tendenci 7 frank11:28
replaceafilladd zOnny_'s branch11:28
zOnny_replaceafill: I remember how to do it 11:28
replaceafillmake it work with 7 (you need to change a few imports)11:28
replaceafilland then make sure the button works11:29
replaceafilldoes this make sense?11:29
zOnny_replaceafill: yes11:29
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:29
replaceafillmr_german, can you have this done tomorrow?11:29
replaceafillzOnny_, please share whatever you need with mr_german to have him this set up11:30
replaceafillzOnny_, so he can work on it while you're in school tomorrow11:31
zOnny_replaceafill: we can work on that today11:31
replaceafillzOnny_, great11:31
replaceafillzOnny_, mr_german anything else?11:31
mr_germanreplaceafill, im ok11:32
replaceafillmr_german, cool, see you tomorrow11:32
ubuntourist!remind We need a "credits and licenses" page on our site, and sites we build for others.11:32
Big_Brother"We need a credits and licenses page on our site, and sites we build for others." added to message queue11:32
replaceafilljelkner, oh, i changed all the email setup to remove lelkneralfaro11:32
zOnny_replaceafill: I have been requested by having our testing site with tendenci11 and helios using python311:33
replaceafillzOnny_, what testing site?11:33
zOnny_replaceafill: similar to  novawebdev@novawebdevelopment.org 11:34
replaceafillzOnny_, we just said we're not doing dummy testing...11:34
zOnny_replaceafill: cah11:34
zOnny_replaceafill: ah11:34
replaceafillzOnny_, we should migrate our own site11:34
jelknergreat, replaceafill, thanks11:34
zOnny_replaceafill: ok11:34
replaceafilli don't really want to get in your way zOnny_11:35
replaceafillor mr_german's11:35
replaceafillwe have a python3 branch for helios now11:36
replaceafillall of it could be set up manually11:36
replaceafillif you're willing to go ahead i won't complain11:36
replaceafillmy plan is to leave a few updated playbook in place to do it before "leaving"11:37
replaceafillbut if you're in a rush11:37
zOnny_replaceafill: understood11:37
zOnny_mr_german: Do you have time to talk ?11:40
mr_germanzOnny_, im here11:40
replaceafillok, see you next week11:40
zOnny_replaceafill: see u11:40
zOnny_mr_german: I didn't get add zOnny's branch into tendenci 7 frank11:44
zOnny_mr_german: Does this means add zOnny's repo ?11:45
zOnny_mr_german: I was working on this https://gitlab.com/edzon.quinteros/libreorganize_events11:46
zOnny_mr_german: all it does is hide some events add fields11:46
mr_germanyeah11:46
mr_germani saw it on friday11:47
zOnny_mr_german: I haven't tested it with frank yet11:47
mr_germanmm11:50
zOnny_mr_german: I can look on how to enable resgitration automatically11:50
mr_germancool11:51
zOnny_mr_german: I forgot what was the problem with the dates in it11:52
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:53
zOnny_mr_german: Do you have time at 1:00 pm?11:57
mr_german1pm11:57
mr_german12 for me?11:57
zOnny_mr_german: I guess we all have to leave to close the room 11:57
mr_germanok11:57
mr_germanzOnny_, i'll wwait11:58
zOnny_mr_german: cool11:58
zOnny_mr_german: Do you know why we need to have enable registration checked ?11:59
zOnny_mr_german: just wondering :/11:59
mr_germanzOnny_, mmm, good question12:00
mr_germanbut i cant anwser it12:00
zOnny_mr_german: I am just reviewing this line 12:00
zOnny_mr_german: zOnny_, does it do all it has to do (enable registration automatically, set dates accordingly, etc)12:00
zOnny_mr_german: I don't need to leave :)12:02
mr_germanzOnny_, cool12:02
zOnny_mr_german: can we hangout ?12:13
zOnny_mr_german: I want to show you something12:14
mr_germanzOnny_, my mic doesn't work sometimes12:15
mr_germanbut, its ok12:15
mr_germanI think my usb ports12:15
mr_germanare broken12:15
zOnny_mr_german: no problem12:15
zOnny_mr_german: I am testing my repo with frank12:16
zOnny_mr_german: but I have some concerns because I made changes in the project urls.py as well12:18
mr_germanlet me check12:18
mr_germanzOnny_, did you add this to tendenci events12:19
zOnny_mr_german: nope12:20
zOnny_mr_german: it is just an override with django forms.py12:21
mr_germanzOnny_, oh12:21
zOnny_mr_german: I think I need to make that work with tendenci 7, yes ?12:28
zOnny_mr_german: because we haven't included tendenci11 to frank, yes ?12:29
zOnny_mr_german: are you around ?12:32
mr_germanzOnny_, yes, sorry i was helping my mom with something12:33
mr_germanmy bad12:33
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev12:36
zOnny_mr_german: np12:38
mr_germanzOnny_, nono12:39
mr_germantry to use12:39
mr_germantendenci 1112:39
mr_germani think you should change tendenci main12:39
mr_germanrepor12:39
mr_germanrepo*12:39
zOnny_mr_german: ?12:39
mr_germanif you want  to change events in tendenci 1112:40
mr_germanyou'll need to create the folder12:40
zOnny_mr_german: tendenci main repo ?12:40
mr_germanyeah12:40
zOnny_mr_german: in frank ?12:40
mr_germannono12:40
mr_germanim talking about12:40
mr_germantendenci112:40
mr_german112:40
zOnny_mr_german: I have tested it in tendenci11 itself12:41
zOnny_mr_german: I have not tested it with frank12:41
zOnny_mr_german: since frank uses tendenci7 12:42
mr_germanzOnny_, it should work fine i think12:42
zOnny_mr_german: app urls.py are not the same in django=1.8 and django=1.1112:42
mr_germanzOnny_, do you know whats different12:43
mr_germanand make it12:43
mr_germanworks12:43
mr_german?12:43
zOnny_mr_german: it is more Regex in django=1.812:44
zOnny_mr_german: I am not familiar with it yet12:44
mr_germanmm12:45
zOnny_mr_german: Do you have an idea how app urls.py should work ?12:45
zOnny_mr_german: I am looking this https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/topics/http/urls/12:46
mr_germanzOnny_, https://gitlab.com/edzon.quinteros/libreorganize_events/blob/master/urls.py12:46
mr_germanthis should work on .1812:47
mr_german1.8*12:47
mr_germanor not?12:47
zOnny_mr_german: it doesn't 12:47
zOnny_mr_german: did you test it ?12:48
mr_germannono12:48
zOnny_mr_german: I can not find the error 13:08
mr_germansend ss13:08
zOnny_mr_german: There are not error on it 13:10
zOnny_mr_german: the only think ir doesn't respond as should be 13:11
mr_germanwhat is it?13:11
zOnny_mr_german: in tendenci11 /events13:12
zOnny_mr_german: redirect to events search13:12
zOnny_mr_german: here it doesn't 13:12
zOnny_mr_german: I mean in the tendenci713:14
mr_germanmmm13:14
mr_germanit is different right?13:14
zOnny_mr_german: yes13:14
zOnny_mr_german: have you tried tendenci11 in Frank already ?13:15
mr_germanzOnny_, i was working on that last week with douglas13:16
mr_germanbut we didnt finish13:16
zOnny_mr_german: nice13:17
zOnny_mr_german: I haven't  think about how different they are with Django's vers.13:17
mr_germanyea13:19
mr_germanzOnny_, brb13:29
zOnny_mr_german:ok13:35
zOnny_mr_german: are you around14:20
mr_germanzOnny_, yes14:21
zOnny_mr_german: I am taking to long lokking at my issue14:21
mr_germanzOnny_, yeah?14:22
mr_germandid you find a solution14:22
zOnny_mr_german: it seems that tendenci7 does not include pre_urlpatterns14:22
zOnny_mr_german: then + post_urlpatterns14:22
zOnny_mr_german: it will read tendenci first before the custom urls14:23
mr_germanoh14:25
mr_germanthat was the problem14:25
zOnny_mr_german: in simple words it is not recognizing the libreorganize_evnets urls.py14:50
mr_germanlol14:51
mr_germanmmm14:51
mr_germandid you add it14:51
mr_germanto installed apps14:51
mr_german?14:51
zOnny_mr_german: yes14:52
zOnny_mr_german: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/mdeNjCjMi6s9UOuBbXyl/14:53
mr_germanzOnny_, well. no idea14:58
zOnny_mr_german: me neither14:58
zOnny_mr_german: I commented this https://paste.pound-python.org/show/8rCoQIRZWaKNDD8K0vU5/14:59
zOnny_in the events default first page15:00
zOnny_mr_german: it doesn't seems that my app is sync with frank15:00
mr_germanit has redirect15:01
mr_germanthats a problem15:01
zOnny_mr_german: right15:01
zOnny_mr_german: but in tendenci11 works :(15:02
zOnny_mr_german: I feel that I am missing something somewhere15:03
mr_germanzOnny_, im focus in tendenci1115:06
zOnny_mr_german: look this line llmake it work with 7 (you need to change a few imports)15:16
zOnny_mr_german: that is what replaceafill mentioned15:16
zOnny_mr_german: I don't know which import will be15:17
mr_germanmm15:22
mr_germani think you can't see that in djagoproject.org15:23
jelknerACTION signs off for the day16:09
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev16:50
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev19:00

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!