IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2019-02-24

*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev07:14
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev08:51
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:09
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:15
jelkner!remind10:15
Big_BrotherLook into May First / People Link? (jelkner) 10:15
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev10:16
*** DG123 has joined #novawebdev10:16
DG123!remind Talk about alternative forms of business for NWD10:18
Big_Brother"Talk about alternative forms of business for NWD" added to message queue10:18
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:21
jelknerGood morning, replaceafill!10:33
replaceafillbuenos días jelkner!10:34
jelknerreplaceafill, va a venir German?10:34
replaceafilljelkner, no idea, haven't talked to him since last week10:34
jelknerhe emailed edzon, but we haven't heard from him since10:35
jelkneri'm going to need to email him again.10:35
jelknerregularity is a requirement10:35
jelknerhe can't just appear whenever10:35
replaceafill++++++++++++++++++++++110:35
jelknerthat won't work for edzon10:35
replaceafilljelkner, let me know if you want me to give him a call10:36
jelknerand won't help nova web10:36
jelknerplease do10:36
replaceafilljelkner, kk10:36
jelknersunday is the best time to get things done10:36
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev10:36
jelkner!remind10:37
Big_BrotherLook into May First / People Link? (jelkner) 10:37
replaceafilljelkner, he's on his way10:38
*** GFbot has joined #novawebdev10:39
jelknerGood morning, GFbot 10:40
GFbotgood day jelkner 10:40
jelknerGFbot, zOnny and I got your email10:40
jelknerare you available today to work with him?10:41
GFbotjelkner: yes i am10:41
jelknerWe have "Discuss Frank" as the first item on the agenda10:41
jelknerafter a brief update10:41
jelknerthe only real action item on that is getting GFbot and zOnny working together10:41
jelknerGFbot, did you ever get the info you need from replaceafill's place?10:46
GFbotwhat do you mean jelkner ?10:47
jelknerSeveral weeks back, when you were going to help zOnny with Frank setup, you told him the work you did was in San Salvador10:48
jelknerand you couldn't help him without it10:48
GFbotjelkner: oh yes, part of my work with "Events" was made in replaceafill's laptop10:49
jelknerso, do you have that now?10:50
GFbotjelkner: no, i dont10:50
jelknerwe will need it, GFbot.  what is the plan to get it?10:50
jelknercould replaceafill send it to you?10:51
GFbotwell, i was thinking if replaceafill can send it to me via gmail 10:51
jelknerreplaceafill, any thoughts on this?10:52
replaceafillGFbot, i don't have the password to your account and your folder is encrypted10:52
replaceafillGFbot, if you're willing to share it i can look for any files you need10:52
GFbotreplaceafill: sure10:53
GFbotreplaceafill: i just send and email to you10:56
Big_BrotherLook into May First / People Link? (jelkner)10:57
zOnnyHello Everyone !10:57
mjsir911*grumbles* it's drifting...10:58
GFbothello there!10:59
zOnnywell, let's jump into out list items10:59
zOnny*our10:59
zOnnyFirst item10:59
zOnnyLook into May First / People Link? (jelkner)11:00
jelknerok, mr cole isn't here11:00
jelknerand i've asked him to look into this with me11:00
jelknerbut just so everyone is aware, our friend micky metts asked me to join may first / people link11:00
jelknerhttps://mayfirst.org/en/11:01
jelknershe is suggesting nova web development should join as an organization11:01
jelknermy plan is to explore what it has to offer (hopefully with ubuntourist's help)11:01
jelknerand then discuss this more fully when we have a better idea of what it offers and how it works11:02
jelknerACTION is finished11:02
zOnnyjelkner: great! 11:02
zOnnyjelkner: let us know how that goes11:02
jelknerwill do, zOnny 11:02
zOnnynext item!!!!!11:03
zOnnyDiscuss, Frank(Helios) implementation(upgrade) for the AEA, ORA, and NEA 11:03
zOnny                     organizations. (zOnny)11:03
jelknercan i go briefly on this, first, zOnny?11:03
zOnnyjelkner: sure11:03
jelknerto provide context11:03
jelknerboth aea, ora, and novalaciro are asking us to use libreorganize11:04
jelknerso we have real opportunity to develop it in an agile, customer centered way11:04
jelknerbig vote coming up with aea11:04
jelknerora has conducted 2 votes11:04
jelkneruses the forum regularly11:05
jelknerand needs an upgrade to latest frank11:05
jelknerand novalaciro is requesting a new feature they will pay zOnny for11:05
jelknerthat will really get him into django development11:05
jelknerACTION finished11:05
zOnnyjelkner: right11:05
GFboti have a question for you zOnny 11:06
zOnnyzOnny: in reference to the application, it is a good chance to me explore Django 11:06
zOnnyGFbot: yes ?11:06
GFbotwhat kind of "(Helios) implementation(upgrade)"11:06
zOnnyGFbot: I was refering to Frank within the ORA 11:07
GFbotzOnny: but, ora is using frank right?11:08
zOnnyGFbot: not yet.11:08
GFbotzOnny: oh well. got it11:08
zOnnyGFbot: replaceafill has updated me that NEA4OR NOVALACIRO, AEA and NOVAWEBDEV are using it11:09
replaceafillzOnny, what do you mean?11:09
zOnnyGFbot: so far we are good to go with the AEA election11:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: I mean that those instances are alaready using frank11:10
replaceafillzOnny, what do you mean by "frank" in this context?11:11
replaceafilli'd like to request to drop the name "frank" from our organizational discussions11:11
replaceafilland start referring to our product as libreorganize11:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: the new helios that you and GFbot have done11:12
jelkner+++111:12
replaceafillso far, we have 00000000000000000 libreorganize deployed11:12
GFbotreplaceafill: 1+11:12
replaceafillthat's what we should aim to11:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: libreOrganize 11:12
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev11:12
zOnny!remind11:13
replaceafillso can we agree we have just incomplete libreorganize instances at this point?11:13
jelkneryes, we do11:13
GFbotreplaceafill: i think thats it11:13
zOnnynext item11:13
zOnnyTalk about alternative forms of business for NWD (DG123)11:13
jelknercan i go first for context?11:14
jelknersince i talk to diego about this on a regular basis11:14
zOnnyjelkner: go ahead11:14
jelknerso, we have the following goals:11:14
jelkner1. run a democratic organization of worker owners11:15
jelkner2. pay people regardless of immigration status11:15
jelkner3. allow owners regardless of location11:16
jelkneras diego explained it to me11:16
jelknerour current s-corp status does not permit 2 and 311:16
jelknerso he has been looking into a new form that does11:16
jelknerDG123, correct me if i'm wrong11:16
jelknerbut that's my understanding11:16
jelknerACTION done.11:16
DG123that's all correct11:17
DG123right now, we are legally obligated to pay at least some money out as salary, which not everyone can receive11:17
DG123however, as an LLC or LLP, we can pay out 100% of earnings as membership distributions.11:18
DG123Also, we get to set the % that each member makes in our operating agreement, rather than as an S-corp where it is legally set in stone 11:19
DG123Another huge bonus is that international workers can also become owners11:19
DG123So we can legally make them members of NWD, where as now we technically can't11:20
jelknerso, DG123, are there any down sides?11:20
DG123yes, I have all this written up in a google doc titled "NWD's Transition from S corp to LLC or LLP notes" in our google drive11:20
jelknercan you make it public and paste a link here?11:21
DG123sure11:21
DG123there are not very man downsides, mostly just that the amount a member makes and the amount they are owed as a % of all that was made in a certain period of time won't always match up11:22
DG123https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I_eNyS7Ngtg0Cl-_u5X_rEQ5RBuUslqXdgvVFyWVRjo/edit?usp=sharing11:22
DG123there's the shareable link11:22
jelknercan we "fenagal" it to work?11:22
jelknerok, can we agree to all read this and discuss it more next week?11:22
jelknerwe can even email DG123 questions11:23
jelknerthis is *really* important11:23
DG123yes, that would take some fine crafting of our operating agreement, which is where the largest time investment would go11:23
jelknerit means being able to make replaceafill, GFbot, and nrcerna legal owners11:23
DG123the operating agreement itself is very useful11:23
jelknerso the three of you should definitely talk this over by next week11:24
jelknersound good?11:24
jelknerACTION waits for replaceafill GFbot and nrcerna to nod ;-)11:25
replaceafillwhat do we need to discuss exactly?11:25
jelknerreplaceafill, you will be entering into a legal agreement as owner of a business11:25
jelkneryou should look over what that means11:25
jelknerand decide if you want to do it11:25
replaceafilli think we have discussed this before11:26
jelknerwe have11:26
replaceafilli even thought nrcerna and i were already official at this point11:26
jelknerit looks like not11:26
replaceafillright11:26
jelkneri'm afraid our previous business manager didn't make this work right11:26
jelknerso that's why DG123 is working to fix it11:27
replaceafillgreat11:27
jelknersorry, my friend11:27
replaceafillnp, i'll talk to nrcerna and GFbot 11:27
jelknerthanks11:27
replaceafilland we can pick it up next week11:27
jelkner+111:27
jelknerreplaceafill, just so you understand11:27
jelkneri think louie didn't do since it involves some pain for ubuntourist 11:28
jelknerhe gets paid a salary now11:28
jelknereasy for him on tax reporting11:28
replaceafillah11:28
jelknerwe can't do that if we become an llc11:28
jelknerhe would need to take earnings like everyone else11:28
replaceafillright11:28
ubuntouristSee https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_in_Star_Trek#Fizzbin ;-)11:28
replaceafilli remember, sielibre was an llc11:29
jelknerok next week 11:29
jelknerfirst agenda item11:29
zOnnysome volunteer to chair the meeting ? 11:30
mjsir911I won't be around for next week's meeting, so I won't be able to11:30
jelknerGFbot?11:30
GFbotzOnny: i would like to be11:30
GFbotyes11:30
zOnnycool11:30
zOnnyACTION drops the bag of gravel11:30
jelknerthanks, zOnny!11:31
jelknersee y'all next week11:31
GFbotzOnny: i sent an email to replaceafill 11:31
ubuntourist!remind Chair for 2019.03.03: GFbot 11:31
Big_Brother"Chair for 2019.03.03: GFbot" added to message queue11:31
replaceafillGFbot, check your IRC private messages11:32
jelkner!remind Discuss LLC plans11:32
Big_Brother"Discuss LLC plans" added to message queue11:32
replaceafillGFbot, i gave you access to the laptop through ssh11:32
GFbotcool11:33
replaceafillGFbot, can you try it now, i'd like to get going11:34
replaceafilland make sure you can access your files11:34
GFbotreplaceafill: it works11:34
replaceafillGFbot, so you have everything you need?11:34
zOnnyACTION test out /me11:34
replaceafillGFbot, as i told you months ago, you should put your code in version control...11:34
replaceafillzOnny, ^11:34
replaceafilleven experiments/snippets11:34
GFbotreplaceafill: i need to find the file first11:35
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok11:35
replaceafillGFbot, if the ssh connection drops or you lose access, call me11:36
GFbotreplaceafill: cool thnks11:37
GFbotreplaceafill: i got it11:38
replaceafillGFbot, great11:38
replaceafilli'll leave the laptop on for a couple of hours just in case11:38
GFbotreplaceafill: great11:39
replaceafillGFbot, zOnny anything else you need from me before i leave?11:39
GFbotzOnny: i have the file that we need11:39
zOnnyGFbot: great11:39
GFbotreplaceafill: i remember somthing about this script11:40
GFbotreplaceafill: i think you need to see that event to make pricing working right?11:40
replaceafillGFbot, hm?11:40
replaceafilldon't understand the question11:40
replaceafillfeel free to switch to spanish if that makes it easier11:41
GFbotrecuerda que cuando se hacia el evento.11:41
replaceafillzOnny habla español11:41
GFbotteniamos que recargar o ver el evento11:41
GFbotpara hacer el pricing11:41
GFbotfuncionar11:41
GFbotno se, si recuerda ese problema11:41
replaceafillmas o menos11:41
GFbotbueno, lo correre nuevamente11:42
GFbotpara ver11:42
GFbotcomo funciona11:42
GFbotporque ya no recuerdo.11:42
replaceafillok, tratá de explicarle a zOnny lo que sí recordás11:42
replaceafilly asegurate que entienda11:42
GFbot11:42
GFbotzOnny: i'll send you the script11:43
replaceafillok, that's it for me11:43
GFbotreplaceafill: thanks!11:43
replaceafillsee you next week everybody! o/11:43
zOnnyreplaceafill: see u11:43
GFbotsee you11:44
GFbotzOnny: check your email11:45
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev11:55
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:56
*** mjsir911_ has joined #novawebdev11:58
GFbotzOnny: i sent an email12:00
GFbotto you12:00
zOnnyGFbot: ok12:03
GFbotzOnny: did you get it12:12
GFbot?12:12
GFbotcan you understand how it works?12:12
zOnnyGFbot: ubunturist is helping me to backup postgress12:24
zOnnyGFbot: I am struggling doing it12:24
zOnnyGFbot: Do you know how to do that ?12:25
GFbotzOnny: backup postgress12:25
GFbot?12:25
zOnnyGFbot: yes12:26
GFbotzOnny: i was able to dumb12:30
GFbotdb from tendenci12:30
GFbotcreating json files12:30
zOnnyGFbot: cool12:30
zOnnyI cannot do it with postgresql12:31
zOnnywould you want to help me with that ?12:31
GFbotzOnny: sure12:34
zOnnyGFbot: cool12:35
zOnnyGFbot: I am ready12:35
GFbotzOnny: what do you need to export12:35
GFbotzOnny: ?12:38
GFbotzOnny: https://coderwall.com/p/mvsoyg/django-dumpdata-and-loaddata12:43
GFbotif you don't i can explain to you12:43
GFbothow you could export every app you need12:43
zOnnyGFbot: it works good for dbmysqlite312:56
zOnnyGFbot: ubunturist just made it works12:59
GFbotzOnny: i remember that i did it13:00
GFbotfor libreorganize theme base13:00
GFbotfor tendenci1113:00
zOnnyGFbot: which commands did you type ?13:00
GFbotzOnny: give me a moment13:05
GFbotto review my last work13:05
GFbotzOnny: if you want to export navbar i used "../venv-testing/bin/python manage.py dumpdata navs.nav > navs.json"13:06
GFbotyou can export everything you want13:08
GFbotboxes.box > box.json13:08
GFbotthere are some arguments that you can you use to make a specific dumpdata13:08
zOnnyGFbot: nice13:22
GFbotzOnny: anything else13:28
GFbotyou need13:28
GFbot?13:28
zOnnyGFbot: yes13:32
zOnnyGFbot: but we are leaving because of ubunturist has to leave13:33
GFbotzOnny: oh well13:37
GFbotyou'll come back13:37
GFbot?13:37
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev14:55
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev15:51

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!