IRC log of #novawebdev for Wednesday, 2019-07-17

*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev07:57
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:24
*** DG123 has joined #novawebdev10:59
jelknerGood morning, DG123 11:03
DG123good morning11:03
jelknerLooks like you and i did such a great job editing our operating agreement that no one else wants any changes11:04
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev11:04
jelknerDG123, i haven't looked yet11:05
jelknerdid you add the part about doing business in El Salvador11:05
DG123good morning nrcerna11:05
jelknerACTION goes to look now11:05
DG123I added a little extra sentence to the principle places of doing business11:05
nrcernaGood morning DG12311:05
DG123section 111:05
DG123It seems like that should be enough11:06
jelkneri love it, DG123 11:07
jelknerif the Government of El Salvador will be happy with that11:07
jelknerit works for me11:08
jelknershort and sweet11:08
jelknerso, DG123, thanks for being on top of this11:08
jelkneri'm going to email the members who are not here and whine (in my usual style :-) about taking this really seriously, and defacto giving consent by their absence, etc.11:09
jelkneri don't think we can really sign it until we are an LLC11:09
*** GFbot has joined #novawebdev11:10
jelknersince the entity about which it refers doesn't exist yet11:10
DG123yeah11:10
jelknerso we should postpone at least a week the signing11:10
jelknerand see if you can find out from VA SCC what we need to do to get our LLC launched11:10
jelknermake sense, DG123?11:11
jelknerDG123, what do you think?11:12
DG123yes11:12
DG123that makes sense11:12
jelknerok, let's call this meeting to a close then11:12
jelknernrcerna, anything to add?11:13
nrcernanot really jelkner11:13
jelknercool11:13
jelknerin that case11:13
jelknerACTION drops the bag of gravel11:13
jelknerDG123, please let us know *as soon as* you find out about our LLC status11:14
DG123I will11:14
jelknersee you on sunday, DG123 11:14
jelknerand th11:15
jelknerthanks!11:15
DG123no problem, se you then11:15
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev11:17
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev11:30
jelknerGood morning zOnny 11:32
zOnnyjelkner: good morning11:32
jelkneri'm going to ask you to please look over our operating agreement11:32
zOnnyjelkner: I was reading it11:32
jelknercool11:32
jelknermainly, see if there is anything you don't like11:33
jelknerwe are still waiting on Virginia SCC to change us into an LLC11:33
jelknerso we can't sign it yet11:33
jelknerDG123 and i discussed that at the meeting this morning11:33
jelknerbut we want to ready to sign as soon as VA SCC is ready11:34
jelknerwe need to pay our taxes11:34
jelkneror there will be penalties11:34
zOnnyjelkner: ok11:34
jelknerthat's like flushing dollars down the toilet11:34
jelknerwe don't want to do that!11:34
jelknerso he needs that cashiers check11:35
jelknerit must be received by july 3111:35
zOnnyjelkner: I will AFCU after our meeting11:35
jelknercool11:35
jelknerlastly, we need a plan for Lee Carter's CMS11:36
jelknercan we host it on the same linode as Elizabeth Guzman's?11:36
jelkneri leave that for you and GFbot to figure out11:36
jelknerbut let's see if we can do that11:36
zOnnyjelkner: yes, but we need to use ngnix for doing it11:36
jelknerwhat are we using now?11:37
jelknerapache2?11:37
zOnnyjelkner: Apache11:37
jelknerah, replaceafill liked apache because he knows it11:37
zOnnyjelkner: right11:37
jelknerbut everything i read, and what mattva01 tells me too, is that nginx is the better way to go11:37
zOnnyjelkner: we should try11:37
jelknerso, we need to setup a test box to try this out11:38
zOnnyjelkner: risks are good 11:38
zOnnyjelkner: in development for sure11:38
jelkneri've been running nginx with tdd with python11:38
jelknernot hard to configure11:38
jelknerhow about this11:38
zOnnyjelkner: good to know that11:38
jelknerwe make the goal to have a test box setup by tomorrow night11:38
jelknerso we can ask mattva01 if we have any issues11:39
jelknersound good?11:39
zOnnyjelkner: ok11:39
jelknerGFbot, are you getting this?11:39
GFbotjelkner, got it11:40
jelknerso can you and zOnny do that today?11:41
GFbotbut, i don't know about nginx in that case.11:41
GFbotzOnny, you do?11:41
jelknerthere is a simple solution, GFbot, *read the docs*!11:41
jelknerit's not that hard11:41
zOnnyGFbot: I can learn 11:42
jelknerok, zOnny will work on that first11:42
zOnnyjelkner: I will11:42
GFbotzOnny, me too11:42
zOnnyjelkner: let me try11:42
jelknerso GFbot and nrcerna can continue with LibreOrganize11:42
zOnnyjelkner: ok11:42
jelkneras soon as zOnny figures it out11:42
jelknerhe will teach GFbot 11:42
nrcernaOk jelkner11:43
jelknercool, we have a plan11:43
zOnnyjelkner: I will try to make a doc.11:43
jelkner+111:43
jelknerand since you have access to mattva01, zOnny 11:43
GFbotjelkner, right, we can't spend time doing the same thing at the moment right?11:43
jelkneryou should be able to get it to work by end of thursday's meeting, if not before11:43
jelknerright, GFbot 11:43
jelknerwe can't waste resources11:44
jelknerwe don't have resources to waste11:44
jelknercool, let us know how it goes, zOnny 11:44
jelkneri'll check-in at the early part of the meetup tomorrow11:45
jelknerACTION done11:45
zOnnyjelkner: ?11:47
jelknerzOnny: ??11:47
zOnnyjelkner: define test box11:47
jelknerexcellent, zOnny, thanks for asking!11:48
jelkner1. create a new linode11:48
zOnnyjelkner: :)11:48
jelkner(let's see if a $5 a month one will work)11:48
zOnnyjelkner: uhmmmm11:48
jelkner2. deploy elizabeth guzman's website on it using gninx and gunicorn11:48
zOnnyjelkner: $5 is only 1GB AFAIK tendenci uses 1GB 11:49
zOnnyjelkner:  I see11:49
jelkner3. deploy an new tendenci 11 cms site for lee carter's new site11:49
zOnnyjelkner: Let's deploy one instance first11:49
jelknerok, make it a $10 a month box then11:49
jelknerthat will give 2GB11:49
jelknerlet's see if that works11:50
zOnnyjelkner: right11:50
jelkneragain, part of being successful is going to require us learning our tech11:50
jelknerwhat really are the requirements for a CMS only site?11:50
jelknercan we remove unused parts of tendenci to lighten it up?11:50
jelkneri don't know the answers, but those are important questions11:51
jelkneranyway, doing this will help us learn more11:51
jelknerthrough real practice with real sites11:51
jelknerother questions, zOnny?11:51
zOnnyjelkner: we did already11:51
jelknerif we did already, why don't we know how to do it then?11:52
zOnnyjelkner: tendenci content has being removed.11:52
jelkneroh, cool11:52
jelknerso why 1GB for a CMS only?11:52
jelkneranyway, let's try it out11:52
jelknerdid we do that with tendenci 11?11:53
jelkneror just 7?11:53
zOnnyjelkner: We can also remove from the applications11:53
zOnnyjelkner: one step at the time11:53
jelkneryou know this way better than me, zOnny 11:53
zOnnyjelkner: tendenci111:53
jelknertendenci1?11:53
jelkneryou're messing with me, right?!11:54
zOnnyjelkner: -.-11:54
zOnnyjelkner: *1111:54
jelknercool11:54
jelknersee what you can do11:54
zOnnyjelkner: ok11:54
jelkneri'll check-in with you tomorrow at 7:15 pmish11:54
zOnnyjelkner: ok11:55
jelknerwhen you're at the meetup11:55
zOnnyjelkner: no11:55
jelknerno?11:55
zOnnyjelkner: meetup requires me to focus on RAGU11:56
jelknerok11:56
jelknersee if you can have this done before then11:56
zOnnyjelkner: right11:56
jelknerokie dokie11:56
zOnnyjelkner: 7:15 am11:56
zOnnyjelkner: 7:15 am11:56
jelknerlet me not distract you then11:57
jelknerhasta tomorrow11:57
zOnnyjelkner: see you manana11:57
jelknernrcerna, here it is12:14
jelknerhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1C4XpDgzGzqKJmi9-CcGHGn6R_GpQixOmnRdWEMeiU7A/edit12:14
jelkner!remind12:17
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev13:49
*** GFbot_ has joined #novawebdev14:07
*** jelkner_ has joined #novawebdev14:07
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev14:22
jelkner_zOnny, i've been accepted to UoPeople14:36
jelkner_i'm attending a webinar on the program next Tuesday morning with the Dean.14:36
zOnnyjelkner_: :O14:37
jelkner_i'm going to email a question, stating that i am part of a worker cooperative with a bunch of geeks who have no business sense14:37
zOnnyjelkner_: good luck!14:37
jelkner_i'll say it a bit more politely than that14:37
jelkner_and ask if their MBA program would help us with what we are trying to do14:38
jelkner_it looks like it would14:38
jelkner_but i want to let them know up front what i want to get out of it14:38
jelkner_to feel them out if it is a good fit14:38
jelkner_i'll keep you informed, of course, zOnny 14:38
zOnnyjelkner_: ok14:39
jelkner_zOnny, nrcerna, GFbot, we need to generate some invoices soon14:49
jelkner_if not, our bank account will run low, and your pay will be delayed14:50
nrcerna:(14:50
nrcernaWe dont want that14:50
jelkner_:nick jelkner14:50
nrcernaI planned to show all we have to offer once we finish our task jelkner 14:52
nrcernameaning GFbot and me14:52
jelkner_nrcerna, are you keeping track of the hours?14:52
nrcernaWe need to say to the the people: "Ok, we are ready for this, Let's do it"14:53
jelkner_we can bill NOVALACIRO for LibreOrganize work, and we need to bill Gallaudet for RAGU work14:53
jelkner_tan pronto que sea possible14:53
nrcernammmm i didnt track it, but I can sumarize all the work we did and the hours we are working now14:54
jelkner_ACTION is about to sign off for lunch14:56
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev15:20
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev15:50
nrcernajelkner Doisaac talked my Abuelita he said he wont be able to come tomorrow because a School Homework, but he is going to join us Sat after his English class and Sun at the morning too16:48
jelknercool16:53
jelknerso no lunch tomorrow, nrcerna 16:53
nrcernayes16:53
nrcernazOnny are you around?17:51
zOnnynrcerna: yes?17:51
nrcernaAlysha forwarded to me the email you sent me with the events I set up the last time,17:52
nrcernaIm going to forward you zOnny17:53
zOnnynrcerna: ok17:53
nrcernaI just did it zOnny17:54
zOnnynrcerna: ?17:55
nrcernaI mean the email I sent you zOnnyy17:56
zOnnynrcerna: why she said that they weren't there17:56
nrcernaI dont know :S17:56
zOnnynrcerna: Let me check17:56
nrcernaOk17:56
zOnnynrcerna: not sure which website she was looking at17:58
zOnnynrcerna: can you reply with the https://aeava.org/events/search/17:58
nrcernaSure, and I just updated the last one she sent, also she sent a file but Im not sure where I have to add it zOnny18:00
zOnnynrcerna: which file?18:00
nrcernaIm going to send you the email now zOnny18:00
zOnnynrcerna: ok18:00
nrcernaOoops18:03
nrcernasorry wrong file18:04
nrcernaIm going to resend it18:04
zOnnynrcerna: -.-18:05
nrcernau.u sorry18:05
nrcernadid you received it? zOnny18:06
zOnnynrcerna: I got it18:08
nrcernaNice, what I have to do? zOnny18:09
zOnnynrcerna: you can place it within  the resources page18:10
zOnnynrcerna: or communications 18:11
zOnnynrcerna: you can ask jelkner about that file18:12
zOnnynrcerna: or reply Alisha asking where she likes to see the file18:13
nrcernaOk, Thank you zOnny18:13
zOnnynrcerna: np18:14
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev20:39
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev21:15
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev22:20
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev22:46

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!