IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2020-09-20

*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev10:55
jelkner!remind11:46
*-* nothing to see here *-*11:46
jelkner!remind Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia11:46
LittleBrotherInvalid arguments: No closing quotation.11:46
jelkner!remind Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo\'s school in Liberia11:46
"Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia" added to message queue11:46
jelkner!remind Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code11:49
'Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code' added to message queue11:49
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev12:03
ubuntourist!remind12:04
Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia (jelkner)12:04
Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code (jelkner)12:04
ubuntouristjelkner, I briefly considered finding the 1975 font (or similar), and may go back to that thought later.12:25
ubuntouristjelkner, If I can create a modern PDF with the old look, great. But I've never been a fan of scanned printouts.12:26
jelknerubuntourist, ah, but it is the marks and imperfections that give it that "authentic" feel12:28
jelknerlike an old photograph12:29
jelkneranyway, being able to use the index alone will be a big advantage12:29
jelknerbesides, ubuntourist, it gave you a fun project to use to learn sphinx ;-)12:30
ubuntouristI added more to the XOR section, and may consider mixing in elements from my "PDP-11 Assembler Made Painless"12:32
ubuntouristBut, as I said: First, finish Part 4 and then attack Part 2.  (The Appendix was done as of early last night.)12:32
ubuntouristAnd, cross-linking, indexing, etc yet to be done.12:33
ubuntouristjelkner, If any of the students show affinity for this, I'd appreciate it if they'd glance at the PDP-11 text. To whit:12:35
ubuntouristhttps://pages.codeberg.org/ubuntourist/pdp-11/12:35
ubuntourist(No need to study it in depth.)12:36
jelkneryou should appeal to them yourself to do that, ubuntourist 12:58
jelknerbtw. just added your version of the manual to the course homepage12:59
jelknerhttps://ict.gctaa.net/sections/csc205/12:59
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev13:59
nrcernahello jelkner 13:59
nrcernaGm13:59
jelknerGm, nrcerna 13:59
nrcernaI'm going to meet with Chris in 30 mins13:59
jelknersuper14:00
nrcerna;)14:00
jelkneri'm scrambling to get my lessons ready for tomorrow14:00
jelknerlooking forward to talking with you after14:01
nrcernaGreat14:01
jelknernrcerna, btw. Jitsi just wasn't working for our NOVALACIRO board meeting yesterday14:01
jelknerwe are going to try WhatsApp14:01
nrcerna:O jelkner 14:01
jelkneri know it isn't free software :-( but the most important thing in this context is enabling our board members to participate14:02
jelknergloria doesn't have a desktop computer14:02
jelknershe only uses her phone14:02
jelknerso we need something she can use, that works14:02
jelknerheylin is going to ask bianca if she can attend our next board meeting14:03
jelknereveryone liked the new website, nrcerna!14:03
jelknergreat work14:03
jelknerwe need to add fernando14:03
jelknermaybe that's what we can talk about at 1 pm today14:03
jelknerthen i want to talk with you after about your meeting with chris14:04
jelknerok, gotta go get ready for a 10:15 am meeting14:04
nrcernaGreat jelkner 14:04
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev14:54
nrcernajelkner, 14:56
nrcernaI'm on planning now14:57
nrcernahello lelkneralfaro , GM 14:57
nrcernaACTION AWAY brb in 15 mins14:59
jelknernrcerna, i'm on planning too15:02
jelknernrcerna, got an email from amina15:02
jelknershe said she emailed you but didn't get a reply15:02
jelkner(i'm always encouraging her to reach out directly to you)15:02
jelknerGM, LittleBrother 15:02
jelknerLoL15:03
jelknertab completion failed me15:03
jelknermeant to say, GM lelkneralfaro 15:03
jelknerlelkneralfaro, is zOnny there with you?15:03
lelkneralfarojelkner, yes15:05
jelknercan you ask him to come on irc please?15:06
lelkneralfaro+115:08
jelknerthnx!15:08
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev15:08
jelknerzOnny, good morning!15:08
zOnnyjelkner: good morning15:09
jelknerzOnny, i'd like to invite you over to watch a movie15:09
jelkneron thursday, oct 1st15:09
jelknerhttps://watch.eventive.org/afisilverlaff/play/5f4914e597161d003671a366?m=115:09
jelknerit is part of the latin american film festival15:10
jelknerand i ordered it because of your grandfather15:10
jelknerzOnny, we can watch it after our meeting that day15:12
jelknerwhat do you think?15:12
jelknernrcerna, are you back yet?15:14
jelkneri'm on planning, nrcerna, but you're not saying anything15:15
*** DevinMcF has joined #novawebdev15:16
nrcernaACTION back15:17
jelknerubuntourist, zOnny, lelkneralfaro can you meet nrcerna and jelkner on planning?15:27
zOnnyjelkner: It's 1h 20min!15:27
jelkner???15:27
ubuntouristOn planning now...15:29
*** abuchholz has joined #novawebdev15:30
*** cedwards44 has joined #novawebdev15:31
*** amina has joined #novawebdev15:34
*** PAldea has joined #novawebdev15:36
abuchholz!remind15:37
Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia (jelkner)15:37
Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code (jelkner)15:37
nrcerna!remind15:38
Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia (jelkner)15:38
Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code (jelkner)15:38
jelknerhi all, please join us on planning15:43
jelknerwe're done the business we needed to discuss15:43
nrcerna!remind MSP following up 15:44
'MSP following up' added to message queue15:44
nrcerna!remind Plans for this week15:44
'Plans for this week' added to message queue15:44
nrcerna!remind15:44
Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia (jelkner)15:44
Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code (jelkner)15:44
MSP following up (nrcerna)15:44
Plans for this week (nrcerna)15:44
*** cedwards46 has joined #novawebdev15:44
jelknerabuchholz, abuchholz, DevinMcF, PAldea 15:44
jelknerplease join us15:44
jelknercedwards46, you too15:44
jelknerwe're on planning15:44
jelknerabuchholz, any idea what happened to SITarabuta?15:45
*** GFbot has joined #novawebdev15:48
jelknerGood morning, GFbot!15:48
GFbotGm15:48
GFbotJelkner15:49
abuchholzsorry no jelkner15:51
GFbot : cedwards46 : abuchholz : DevinMcF : zOnny : lelkneralfaro : nrcerna : @ubuntourist : +jelkner : wolcen : @mjsir911 : @ChanServ16:00
Good afternoon everyone!16:00
It's 16:00 UTC and NOVA Web Development's bi-weekly meeting is starting.16:00
This is the agenda for today:16:00
Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia (jelkner)16:00
Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code (jelkner)16:00
MSP following up (nrcerna)16:00
Plans for this week (nrcerna)16:00
jelknerGood afternoon!16:00
*** amina has joined #novawebdev16:00
Have a nice day!16:00
nrcernaHello Everyone!16:00
*** PAldea has joined #novawebdev16:00
ubuntouristHail and well-met.16:01
abuchholzHello, good afternoon everyone16:01
GFbotHi16:01
nrcernaAlright, let's start16:02
nrcernafirst item: Setup SchoolTool for Isaac Zawolo's school in Liberia16:02
jelknermjsir911, ping16:02
nrcernajelkner16:02
jelkneryes, nrcerna 16:02
mjsir911Hi o/16:02
jelkneri talked to isaac yesterday16:02
jelknerhe wants us to set up SchoolTool for his school in liberia16:03
jelknerthat's why i was trying to ping mjsir911 16:03
jelknersince he has the expertise in that16:03
jelknerin fact, we billed VDOE for dockerizing it16:03
jelknermjsir911 did that work16:03
jelkneranyway, i told him i would get back to him after this meeting16:03
jelknerso we need who can take the lead on that task16:04
jelknerwe can bill for the work16:04
jelknerso we just need someone who can do it16:04
jelknerACTION done16:04
abuchholzcould we talk a little more in detail about what needs to be done. I'm interested.16:05
abuchholzafter the meeting16:05
jelknerabuchholz, let's talk after16:05
jelknerbut yes, certainly16:05
abuchholz+116:05
ubuntouristjelkner, still Zope based? (I lose track.)16:05
jelkneryes, and always will be16:05
jelknermethinks16:05
jelknersince we don't have 2 million bucks to rewrite it16:06
ubuntouristDamn. ;-)16:06
ubuntouristACTION is done16:06
nrcernaOkay16:07
nrcernanext item: Caleb will help motivate our dev PD by blogging about Clean Code16:07
jelknerreal quick on this, since Caleb isn't here16:07
jelkneri've already talked to abuchholz and SITarabuta about this16:07
abuchholzyeah refactoring is starting soon16:08
jelknerit is very real for us, since we are entangled in a refactoring LO discussion16:08
abuchholz aka when stefan is up16:08
jelknerit's an ongoing PD (professional development) task16:08
jelknerbut since all NVCC students now have access to the full series through O'Reillly for Higher Ed16:08
jelkneri'm going to assign it to Caleb (and my ITP 120 students)16:09
jelknerand highly encourage our dev team to participate too16:09
jelknerACTION done16:09
nrcernaThanks jelkner 16:09
nrcernanext item: MSP following up,16:10
nrcernalelkneralfaro, can you take this? I mean to know what we are going to do today ;)16:10
lelkneralfaronrcerna, yup16:11
nrcernaso we can be in the same page ;) lelkneralfaro, zOnny, amina 16:11
jelknerbtw. Sameen expressed interest in this too16:12
lelkneralfaronrcerna, well we'll mostly cover it on our meeting after this, but now me and zOnny have met and come up with a plan to deliver what they are looking for for their site16:12
lelkneralfaronrcerna, so we'll start development today16:12
nrcernaOkay, remeber that I need the estimated hours to add it to the proposal16:12
ubuntouristlelkneralfaro, don't forget to blow my / our horn. ;-)16:13
jelkner+116:13
lelkneralfaronrcerna, ahh thanks for the reminder16:13
lelkneralfaroubuntourist, lol will do16:13
nrcernaGreat, thanks lelkneralfaro 16:13
jelknerlelkneralfaro, *very* important, since we want to use this to learn the whole estimate invoice deliver dance16:13
nrcerna+116:14
ubuntourist(You can make it "our" as in "one of our members...")16:14
nrcernaACTION done16:15
nrcernanext item: Plans for this week 16:15
nrcernayay! time to share! ;)16:15
abuchholzRefactor LibreOrganize... Maybe SchoolTool sounds interesting16:16
jelknerjelkner will be attending BCI meeting and following up on discussions around Lucky Member 716:16
abuchholzI have to see if I have time for schooltool with school16:16
lelkneralfaroMexico Solidarity Projectt16:16
ubuntouristACTION got side-tracked onto reStructuredText and will probably continue that for a bit. Also, the BCI meet.16:16
nrcernaACTION work on branding resources for NWD, filing issues, MSP project 16:16
zOnnyACTION helping lelkneralfaro with MSP project 16:17
nrcernaGreat!16:18
ubuntouristDon't everybody else talk at once. ;-)16:18
nrcernaanyone else?16:18
nrcernaanyone has anything else?16:18
ubuntouristChime in, all. What exciting plans, projects, learning exercises...?16:19
jelknernrcerna, no harm dropping the bag early!16:19
abuchholzpoor stefan :(16:19
nrcernaOkay, it was a really quick meeting 16:19
nrcernaACTION drops the bag of gravel16:20
jelknerquick meetings are GOOD meetings!16:20
nrcernaThanks everyone!16:20
jelknerwe rock, 20 minutes!16:20
jelknergreat job, nrcerna 16:20
nrcernahave a great and productive week!16:20
ubuntouristjelkner, I was just hoping to hear from the silent majority.16:20
jelknernrcerna, i'm in the channel17:43
jelknercan you see if i'm in the right place by joining?17:44
nrcernaok17:48
nrcernaI dont see you jelkner 17:55
jelknerSITarabuta and i are both there17:55
jelknerso that's why i wanted to check17:55
nrcernais Meeting no meet17:55
nrcernajelkner17:55
jelkner???17:55
*** SITarabuta has joined #novawebdev17:56
jelknerubuntourist, zOnny are you going to join us?17:58
zOnnyjelkner: r u here?18:45
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev19:08
lelkneralfaronrcerna, ping19:08
nrcernapong lelkneralfaro 19:10
lelkneralfaro:)19:10
lelkneralfaroquick question, Sam is asking for some "credit line text" to give us credit for our work in their newsletter19:10
lelkneralfarodo you have an idea what we should share with them?19:10
nrcernaOh, I saw that but I couldnt understand well19:11
nrcernanot really lelkneralfaro 19:11
lelkneralfaronrcerna, okay, I'll try jelkner19:11
nrcerna:(19:11
lelkneralfarojelkner ping19:11
lelkneralfaronrcerna, no problem :)19:11
nrcernaI guess he's calling Chris19:11
lelkneralfaroif jelkner doesn't know we'll invent something19:11
nrcernahe said he was about to do it, right? lelkneralfaro 19:11
lelkneralfaronrcerna, yup he might still be on the call19:12
lelkneralfaronrcerna, no rush19:12
nrcernaahu19:12
nrcernauhu19:12
jelknerlelkneralfaro, ping20:50
jelkneri was on the phone with chris for over an hour20:50
jelknernrcerna, he will follow up with you20:50
jelknernrcerna, basically, we need to refine our business plan with him involved20:51
jelknersee if we can come up with a way to fund a new member that will generate more revenue than it costs with 6 months20:52
jelkners/with/within20:52
jelknerlelkneralfaro, "a special thanks to NOVA Web Development for help developing our website"?20:54
jelknerlelkneralfaro, i have to help grazi get ready for her national teacher's exam tomorrow20:54
jelkneri'm logging off20:54
jelknerlelkneralfaro, call me if you need me20:55
jelknerACTION signs off for the day20:55
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev21:22
jelkner!remind21:22
*-* nothing to see here *-*21:22
jelkner!remind Turn over control of Xoom account to zOnny and lelkneralfaro21:26
'Turn over control of Xoom account to zOnny and lelkneralfaro' added to message queue21:26
jelkner!remind Set up separate payment for GFbot directly from jelkner, not NOVA Web Dev21:28
'Set up separate payment for GFbot directly from jelkner, not NOVA Web Dev' added to message queue21:28
*** SITarabuta has joined #novawebdev21:52
SITarabuta!remind How's the refactorin for LibreOrganize going?21:53
LittleBrotherInvalid arguments: No closing quotation.21:53
SITarabuta!remind How\'s the refactorin for LibreOrganize going?21:53
"How's the refactorin for LibreOrganize going?" added to message queue21:53
SITarabuta!remove How\'s the refactorin for LibreOrganize going?21:53
"How's the refactorin for LibreOrganize going?" removed from the message queue21:53
SITarabuta!remind How\'s the refactoring for LibreOrganize going?21:53
"How's the refactoring for LibreOrganize going?" added to message queue21:53

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!