IRC log of #novawebdev for Friday, 2018-08-10

*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev08:17
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev08:39
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev08:43
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev09:13
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev09:55
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:39
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, hey good morning replaceafill. good time for a quick question?10:52
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, sure10:53
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, good morning :)10:53
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, :) I'd like to make a quick change to elizabeth's site, do you know where I can find the login credentials?10:53
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, company info shared folder10:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, server inventory spreadsheet10:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, let me look10:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, row 610:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, Services Credentials10:54
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, +1 oohh I was right there10:55
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, should have looked better10:55
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, thanks10:55
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, np10:55
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, let me know when you're in10:55
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, in10:55
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, cool10:55
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev11:09
jelknerreplaceafill, ping11:34
replaceafilljelkner, pong11:34
jelknergreat news, hrodriguez passed her certification exam11:34
*** hrodriguez has joined #novawebdev11:34
replaceafilljelkner, awesome!11:34
replaceafillhrodriguez, felicidades!11:35
jelknerzOnny, lelkneralfaro, and i are about to go out to lunch with her to celebrate11:35
hrodriguezmuchas gracias replaceafill 11:35
replaceafilljelkner, ah cool, enjoy11:35
replaceafillhrodriguez, disfrutá la victoria ;)11:35
jelknerbb around 2 pm11:35
replaceafilljelkner, kk11:35
hrodriguezeso are replaceafill :)11:36
replaceafill:)11:36
*** GFbot has joined #novawebdev12:25
*** Fernando__ has joined #novawebdev12:25
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev13:35
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev13:35
lelkneralfaroGFbot, hey you here?13:39
GFbotlelkneralfaro, yes13:49
lelkneralfaroGFbot, did you see my comments on the elizabeth guzman site issues?13:49
GFbotoh yeha13:51
lelkneralfaroGFbot, +1 cool just checking in13:52
GFbotlelkneralfaro, just the form13:53
GFbot?13:53
GFbotwhat about the paragraph?13:53
lelkneralfaroGFbot, the one form and putting the other form on the two pages13:53
GFbotwhat?13:54
GFbot:D13:54
lelkneralfaroGFbot, the contact form is missing some fields and they want it in the contact page as well as the constituent services page13:55
GFbotbut, that's not the contact form from "contact" page13:56
GFbotthat's mailing list13:56
lelkneralfaroGFbot, and they want the invite form13:56
GFbot;)13:56
GFbotlelkneralfaro, ok let me see if i can do it now13:57
lelkneralfaroGFbot, i think i see what you mean.13:59
lelkneralfaroGFbot, all i see is the join our mailing list13:59
GFbotyes13:59
GFboti going to create the contact form13:59
lelkneralfaroGFbot, +113:59
GFbotlelkneralfaro, all the forms use the same email14:04
GFbotright?14:04
lelkneralfaroGFbot, yes14:05
GFbotbecause, the mailing list14:05
GFbotuse14:05
GFbotthis one14:05
GFbotDelEGuzman@House.Virginia.Gov14:05
lelkneralfaroGFbot, that's the one14:06
GFbot1+14:06
GFbotlelkneralfaro, https://new.elizabethguzmanforvirginia.com/forms/constituent-services-request-form/14:08
lelkneralfaroGFbot, got a 404 error when i opened the link14:11
GFbotyeah wait14:11
GFbotlelkneralfaro, refresh now14:11
lelkneralfaroGFbot, wonderful! thanks :)14:12
GFbotlelkneralfaro, one thing that I can do is to create a new template14:12
GFbotwith a new sidebar14:12
GFbotwith the contact form, mailing list form and the constituent service form14:12
GFbotand they can use the template in every page14:13
GFbotif they want14:13
GFbotwhat do you think about that?14:13
lelkneralfaroGFbot, if it's quick, you can go for it. but if it will take some time. we need to start charging them again14:13
lelkneralfaroGFbot, we've already worked enough for what they have paid14:13
lelkneralfaroGFbot, I think... 14:13
lelkneralfaroGFbot, how many hours have you logged working on this so far?14:14
GFbotlelkneralfaro, oh, ok14:14
GFbotlelkneralfaro, yeah I can do it quickly14:15
GFbotgive me a second14:15
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev14:17
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev14:17
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, i'm back14:17
lelkneralfaromr_german, +1 i'll leave that up to you if you want to make the template14:18
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, cool14:18
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, I'll create the invite form for you to check it before to start14:19
lelkneralfaromr_german, great. thanks for your work14:20
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, np ;)14:20
replaceafillmr_german, lelkneralfaro, zOnny don't use Email fields in custom forms14:20
replaceafillmr_german, lelkneralfaro, zOnny they have "special" functionality14:20
replaceafillmr_german, lelkneralfaro, zOnny and they'll start creating deactivated user profiles in the instance14:20
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, oh no :/14:21
replaceafilli think i sent an email about it14:21
mr_germanreplaceafill, so.. use text fields for emails14:21
mr_german?14:21
replaceafillyes14:21
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, replaceafill ok, np I can change it14:21
replaceafillyou lose the "enter twice validation" part14:21
replaceafillbut i think it's worth14:21
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, mr_german zOnny yeah, check the "Who is Randy Sinclair" in the nova mailing list14:22
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, yeah sounds worth it. although that validation would be nice... a project for later on maybe14:22
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, mr_german zOnny a thread started by Kevin14:22
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, for the invite form14:24
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, just checked it out. thanks for sharing that information. another piece of knowledge about tendenci :)14:24
mr_germanshould i add the the paragraph that is there about senator kaine? lelkneralfaro 14:25
lelkneralfaromr_german, let me check14:25
lelkneralfaromr_german, nope. 14:25
lelkneralfaromr_german, I'll leave it up to them if they want to add a little text there14:26
lelkneralfaromr_german, but we shouldn't copy Kaine's14:26
mr_germanah ok14:26
mr_germananother question14:26
mr_germanthe "prefix field" is a select box14:26
mr_germanI don't know what to put there14:26
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, can you see that?14:27
lelkneralfaromr_german, let me look14:27
lelkneralfaromr_german, I don't think it's a big deal unless you can easily add it to the form14:28
lelkneralfaromr_german, that's for selecting Mr., Ms. Mrs. etc.14:28
mr_germanah ok14:28
lelkneralfaromr_german, I've seen that dropdown selectoin in tendenci before I'm pretty sure14:28
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, yeas14:29
jelknerping replaceafill zOnny 14:29
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, my question was about what to put on those select box14:29
mr_germanthats all14:29
mr_german;)14:29
lelkneralfaromr_german, cool14:30
replaceafilljelkner, pong14:30
jelknerwhile at lunch, zOnny told me to check out the ora pwa14:30
jelknerit did14:30
jelknerit works!14:30
jelknerbut there are now several issues, of course14:31
jelkneri just filed them together14:31
replaceafilljelkner, it *seems* to work14:31
replaceafilljelkner, but it still has some issues14:31
jelkneri'm sure14:31
replaceafilljelkner, and i'm talking technical ones, low level14:31
jelknerzOnny, are you here?14:32
zOnnyjelkner: yes14:32
jelknerlet's talk about this now14:32
jelknerwe have to decide what to do about monday14:32
jelknerreplaceafill, will it be ok to ask folks to install this on their mobile devices?14:33
jelkneri never thought to ask how updates get handled?14:33
zOnnyjelkner: thanks for the screeshoots on the issues14:33
jelkner+114:33
zOnnyjelkner: it can be fixed quick14:33
replaceafilljelkner, that's my main concern14:33
jelknera picture is worth a 1000 words, zOnny ;-)14:34
jelknerzOnny, do you know how updates are handled with PWA?14:34
jelknerdoes the book you've been reading talk about that?14:34
zOnnyjelkner: by updates what you mean ?14:35
jelkneri mean, if something isn't working correctly14:35
jelkneractually, isn't this just a pointer to the website?14:35
jelknerso when we update things on the web server, users get them?14:36
replaceafilljelkner, it depends14:36
jelknerwhat i'm talking about, zOnny, is that if something doesn't work, and we fix it14:36
replaceafilljelkner, on how the device caches resources14:36
jelknerhow to users get the fixes?14:36
jelknerso i understand your concern, replaceafill 14:36
replaceafilljelkner, in a desktop browser i can ask you to fully reload assets for example14:36
jelknerthe question before us is what to do about monday?14:36
replaceafillctrl shift f5 or whatever14:37
jelknerif we hold back, we won't have another opportunity for a month14:37
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, you there?14:37
jelknerwe have to weigh the danger of not being ready with the danger of loosing essential momentum14:37
replaceafilljelkner, what momentum?14:38
jelkneri don't know how to make the call, but we need to do so now, since if we are going ahead, i need to send out some emails now14:38
jelknerwhat momentum?, really?14:38
replaceafilljelkner, i mean14:38
replaceafilljelkner, ora members have *never* used this14:38
lelkneralfaromr_german, yes14:38
lelkneralfaromr_german, here14:39
replaceafilljelkner, and by this i mean voting14:39
replaceafilljelkner, i don't expect 100% success rate on monday just because of that14:39
jelkneryes, and every time we say "not yet", and they need to do something else14:39
jelknerour hold on them slips away14:39
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, https://new.elizabethguzmanforvirginia.com/forms/contact-us/14:39
jelknerwe look more and more like a non-solution14:40
replaceafilljelkner, maybe we are14:40
replaceafilljelkner, we've working on this for how long, a week?14:40
replaceafilljelkner, two?14:40
replaceafilljelkner, and you are putting this like a life or death situation14:40
jelknerno, i didn't say that14:40
replaceafilljelkner, that's what it sounds to me14:41
replaceafilljelkner, "danger"14:41
replaceafilljelkner, we failed in AEA14:41
replaceafilljelkner, the reasons may be different, but it's a possibility14:41
jelknerit is friday, they need to do something on monday14:42
lelkneralfaromr_german, looks great... one thing. is the prefix dropdown from tendenci or did you add the options?14:42
jelknerwe are late in telling them whether we plan to have them use our system or something lese14:42
jelknerelse14:42
lelkneralfaromr_german, Miss does not need a "." 14:42
jelknersince if they have to use something else, they need to get on that now14:42
lelkneralfaromr_german, just needs to be "Miss"14:42
lelkneralfaromr_german, but other than that the form looks good :D14:43
replaceafilljelkner, you just found a navigation issue14:43
jelknerand?14:43
replaceafilljelkner, other than fixing that transparent background in the megamenu14:43
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, its the type of the question14:43
mr_germanwith tendenci14:43
replaceafilljelkner, i don't have any idea how to improve it14:43
mr_germanthey give you the option14:43
mr_german;)14:43
jelknerimproving what?14:44
jelkneri'm confused, replaceafill 14:44
lelkneralfaromr_german, okay, that's a problem with the way they have written it then14:44
replaceafilljelkner, the current navigation14:44
jelkneri'm not talking about my issue14:44
jelkneri'm talking about voting!14:44
jelknervoting is what we said we would try to have ready for monday14:44
replaceafilljelkner, we need to fix your issue so they can vote on mobile!14:44
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, can you refresh again14:44
jelknerso, do we think we can?14:45
lelkneralfaromr_german, yup fixed :)14:45
replaceafilljelkner, i don't14:45
jelknershould we be emailing them and saying "we giving it our best shot, but have plan b in place just in case?"14:45
replaceafilljelkner, +114:45
jelknerfine, let's do that14:45
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, cool, i going to work with the new template14:46
replaceafilljelkner, maybe i'm too pessimistic14:46
jelkneralso, will it work from desktop machines already?14:46
lelkneralfaromr_german, great thanks again14:46
replaceafilljelkner, it should14:46
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, np ;)14:46
replaceafilljelkner, that's how we've been testing it mostly14:46
jelknerwhat is the status of the voting list?14:46
jelknerthat is the bigger question anyway14:47
replaceafilljelkner, Roshan never replied to my email with the report14:47
zOnnyjelkner: pwa updates works14:47
jelknerACTION goes to write an email14:48
replaceafillzOnny, are you following this?14:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes ?14:51
replaceafillzOnny, if getting to the Community -> Elections option in mobile is too clunky14:52
replaceafillzOnny, maybe we could hide the megamenu entirely (for now)14:52
replaceafillzOnny, and add a Elections tab in the main nav14:52
replaceafillzOnny, with the same hardcoded URL14:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok14:53
replaceafillzOnny, it's just an idea14:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: on it 14:53
replaceafillzOnny, wait for jelkner to "come back"14:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: I cannot see that in _dev14:54
replaceafillzOnny, see what?14:55
replaceafillzOnny, don't trust any dev instance at this point14:55
replaceafillzOnny, that server is a mess14:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: I didn't get the app yet14:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: on it14:56
replaceafillzOnny, what do you mean by these: "on it"14:56
replaceafillzOnny, does that mean "i'm working on it"14:56
replaceafillzOnny, or "i'm about to get started on it"14:56
replaceafill:)14:56
replaceafillzOnny, i get confused by them14:56
zOnnyreplaceafill:*doing14:56
replaceafillzOnny, ah ok14:57
jelkneremail sent15:00
jelknerreplaceafill, zOnny, roxana's brother just came to the door15:00
zOnnyreplaceafill: I cannot get  Elections 15:00
jelknerwith things he wants to send to el salvador15:00
replaceafilljelkner, you need to go?15:00
jelkneri may have to step away from my computer for a few minutes15:01
replaceafilljelkner, cool15:01
jelknerhe is talking with lelkneralfaro, so i'll wait til he comes to me15:01
replaceafillzOnny, there's no helios in testing15:01
jelknerreplaceafill, i sent the email15:01
replaceafillzOnny, i mean, in dev15:01
replaceafilljelkner, ah, checking15:01
jelknerreplaceafill, lelkneralfaro and zOnny were cc'd15:01
zOnnyreplaceafill: I checked in NWD15:02
zOnnyreplaceafill: which in ORA should be the same15:02
replaceafilljelkner, nice email15:03
jelknerthat's what i do best, replaceafill ;-)15:03
replaceafilljelkner, it's my same pessimistic ****, but pretty15:03
replaceafilljelkner, :D15:03
jelkneryes, pretty is important15:03
replaceafilljelkner, indeed15:03
jelknerok, let's see what they say15:04
jelknerand move ahead in any case15:04
replaceafilljelkner, cool15:04
replaceafilljelkner, sure15:04
jelknersince whether they use it monday or not15:04
jelknerwe need to make it work15:04
jelknerfor aea especially15:04
jelknerby september15:04
replaceafilljelkner, +115:04
zOnnyreplaceafill: busy ?15:08
replaceafillzOnny, what do you need?15:09
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, are you around?15:11
mr_german;)15:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: well, I just want to test something15:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: does the app keeps your user credentials once you close the app ?15:12
replaceafillzOnny, ok...15:12
replaceafillzOnny, i should be asking you that :)15:12
replaceafillzOnny, there's an issue about it, right?15:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have not tested on Android yet15:13
replaceafillmr_german, how are you handling EG _prod?15:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: I can test it with lelkneralfaro 15:13
replaceafillmr_german, are you merging _dev into it?15:13
zOnnylelkneralfaro: ?15:14
replaceafillzOnny, before anything else, could you fix those /themes/nova/media/js/nova/media/css/base.css paths15:14
mr_germanyes15:15
mr_germanI push my changes to dev and then i checkout to prod15:15
mr_germanand git merge to dev15:15
mr_germanits that correct?15:15
mr_germanreplaceafill, 15:15
replaceafillmr_german, why i don't see the merges here then: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/commits/elizabethguzman_prod15:15
replaceafillmr_german, see https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/commits/ora_prod15:16
mr_germani think zOnny uses gitlab15:16
replaceafillmr_german, i don't15:16
replaceafillmr_german, and my merges show15:16
mr_germanwell, i don't know :/15:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: in the sw.js ?15:19
replaceafillzOnny, i don't know15:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok15:19
replaceafillzOnny, all i know it's that the site is generating a lot of 404 in those assets15:19
replaceafillzOnny, i registered them in the pwa issue15:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see15:20
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, ready!15:21
jelknerlelkneralfaro is talking with his uncle, mr_german 15:23
mr_germanoh okk15:23
jelknerhe came to bring us things to send to el salvador with me15:24
jelkneryou know how it goes15:24
jelknerso now lelkneralfaro is socializing with him15:24
jelknerhe likes to talk, so i don't know how long it will take ;-)15:24
jelknerreplaceafill, can i ask you a few questions about the forum?15:24
replaceafilljelkner, sure15:25
jelkneri just created a new one: https://aeava.org/forums/c/aea-pac/aea-pac-discussion-forum/school-board-questions/15:25
replaceafilljelkner, you created a "topic"15:25
replaceafilljelkner, let's get the terms straight :)15:26
jelkneri wanted to change the title of the *topic* from "School Board Questions" to "School Board Candidate Questions" so it would be parallel with the "County Board Candidate Questions"15:27
jelknerbut i can't see how to do that15:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: before going step ahead15:27
replaceafilljelkner, ah right15:27
replaceafilljelkner, you need the django admin to do that unfortunately15:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: I still pending this issue before going step ahead15:27
replaceafilljelkner, and that requires superuser privileges15:27
jelknercan you please do that for me?15:28
replaceafilljelkner, want me to chagne it for you?15:28
replaceafilljelkner, sure, hold on15:28
jelknerlol15:28
replaceafilljelkner, i don't understand something15:28
replaceafilljelkner, why you're not unconfortable with me having admin in AEA?15:28
replaceafilljelkner, i mean15:28
jelknerwell, who should?15:29
replaceafilljelkner, updated https://aeava.org/forums/c/aea-pac/aea-pac-discussion-forum/15:29
replaceafilljelkner, you could be using the admin user15:29
jelknerthanks, man!15:29
replaceafilljelkner, np15:29
jelkneras lead developer, you will have super user in any case15:30
jelknerit's your system15:30
replaceafilljelkner, no no no no no no15:30
jelknerso it comes with the territory15:30
replaceafilljelkner, let me pull a jelkner on you my friend15:30
replaceafilljelkner, it's ***************our************************ system15:30
replaceafilljelkner, :P15:30
jelkneri understand15:30
replaceafilljelkner, just teasing you15:30
jelknerbut the goal is transparency and trust15:30
replaceafillzOnny, i don't get what you mean15:30
replaceafilljelkner, +115:31
jelkneryou have no vested interests in what happens with aea15:31
jelkneri, on the other hand, have a lot of vested interests15:31
jelknerso i should not have admin15:31
jelknerits the best we can to do come up with a fair system15:31
replaceafilljelkner, good point15:32
jelkneranyway, one other question15:32
jelknerwhen i created the "County Board Candidate Questionnaire" topic15:32
jelkneri filled in a description field below it15:32
jelknerby the time i had entered all the questions, i realized i didn't need that15:33
jelknerso i tried to delete it15:33
jelknerby making it empty and then saving15:33
jelknerit didn't work, since it said "required"15:33
jelknerbut on "School Board Candidates.." did not put anything15:34
jelknerand it didn't complain15:34
jelknerstrange15:34
replaceafilljelkner, ok, inside each topic we have "posts"15:34
replaceafilljelkner, you mean the first post here: https://aeava.org/forums/c/aea-pac/aea-pac-discussion-forum/county-board-candidate-questions/15:34
jelknerahh, you can't delete a post?15:34
replaceafilljelkner, it's possible, i'm not sure if non-admin users can do it though15:35
replaceafilljelkner, you want to get rid of "Questions for November 2018 County Board election.15:35
replaceafill"15:35
replaceafilljelkner, right?15:35
jelknerYes, the post that now has "Questions for November 2018 County Board election."15:35
replaceafilljelkner, :)15:35
replaceafilljelkner, under your picture15:35
replaceafilljelkner, in each post15:35
replaceafilljelkner, i see "Edit Delete Admin" options15:36
replaceafilljelkner, you probably only see "Edit"?15:36
jelknerall i see is Edit15:36
replaceafilljelkner, got it15:36
replaceafilljelkner, want me to try to delete it?15:36
jelknerplease15:36
replaceafilljelkner, i've never done this :D15:36
jelknerwe don't get to know how this really works until we put it in practice15:37
replaceafilljelkner, ouch15:37
jelknerouch?15:37
replaceafilljelkner, look at what happend15:37
replaceafilljelkner, topic gone :(15:37
jelknerouch!15:37
replaceafilljelkner, hold on15:37
jelkneri can just recreate it15:37
replaceafilljelkner, let me see if the forum behaves like a tendenci model15:37
replaceafilljelkner, which can be recovered15:37
jelkneryes, that would be good to know15:38
replaceafilljelkner, give me a minute15:39
jelknersure man, i can work on something else15:39
replaceafilljelkner, dude! it's gone15:39
replaceafilljelkner, i'm sorry15:39
jelknerno problem, but now we know "here be dragons"!15:40
replaceafilljelkner, i noticed the forum app is independent from tendency15:40
jelkneradmins are going to need to be forewarned15:40
replaceafilljelkner, it's a separate pybb package developed separately15:40
jelknerin this case, there was no real harm done15:40
replaceafilljelkner, yes15:40
jelknerif it had real discussion data15:40
replaceafilljelkner, big +115:40
jelknerit would be really bad to loose it!15:40
jelknerit's all about the data15:40
jelknerACTION goes to recreate topic15:41
replaceafilljelkner, cool15:41
replaceafilljelkner, not that we should try it, but i think it'd be possible to delete a "post" from the django admin, not from tendenci like we tried15:44
replaceafillACTION writes this down in the documentation issue15:44
jelknerwe can try on our own instance15:44
jelknerwhere i can have admin15:44
jelknerand help testing this15:44
lelkneralfaromr_german, I'm back. my uncle is a funny guy, I can get distracted 15:47
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, np15:47
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, https://new.elizabethguzmanforvirginia.com/contact-me/15:47
lelkneralfaromr_german, looks good. I'll let them know and see if they like it15:49
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, cool15:49
lelkneralfaromr_german, the issues can be closed now15:49
mr_german1+ lelkneralfaro 15:50
jelknerit's back, replaceafill 15:50
lelkneralfaromr_german, so now the site just needs to be deployed? how do you get rid of the "new."15:50
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, I think replaceafill can do that15:50
replaceafilljelkner, heh, and you were able to get rid of the first one :)15:51
replaceafilljelkner, rare lose-win situation15:51
replaceafilljelkner, :D15:51
jelknerhold on, responding to alison's resply15:51
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, are we replacing https://new.elizabethguzmanforvirginia.com with new.*?15:51
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, oops, i mean are we replacing elizabethguzmanforvirginia.com with new.*?15:52
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, it's ready15:52
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'm not sure what the "new." means though15:52
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, what the logic behind it being there is, I mean to say15:52
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, is it supposed to stay?15:52
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, "Title Text" "Content Text"?15:52
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i append new.* to domains we're *planning* on replace15:53
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, but have no approval15:53
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, like LFOR15:53
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool. that's what i thought just wanted to mkae sure15:53
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, in this case we have control on their dns15:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, so we can flip the switch whenever they want15:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, it would only take 1 hour or so15:54
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, im exagerating :D15:54
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, :). alright well let's hold off. I'll send an email. make sure they are satisfied and then we can deploy it15:55
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i still see dummy content on new.*15:55
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, in the bottom boxes15:55
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, good point15:55
jelknerreplaceafill, reply to alison sent15:57
lelkneralfaromr_german, I'm going to send you an email with the original front page design made by them15:58
replaceafilljelkner, cool, got it15:58
mr_germanlelkneralfaro, ok15:58
lelkneralfaromr_german, they want a map of the 31st district and a calendar on the front page15:58
replaceafillit's impressive what mr_german and zOnny can do with tendenci now15:58
lelkneralfaromr_german, you've seen the design before15:58
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, issues!15:59
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, :)15:59
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, +1 thanks for the riminder15:59
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, *reminder15:59
replaceafillzOnny, how are you doing?16:02
zOnnyreplaceafill: thinking about rebasing :(16:03
replaceafillzOnny, is there any problem?16:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: this issue https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/commit/131aa37c54f024110ea310f30f9ad660af4b8c4d 16:04
replaceafilldear zOnny16:04
zOnnyreplaceafill: prod still includes this commit16:04
replaceafillzOnny, could you focus on the PWA at the moment?16:04
replaceafillzOnny, leave it there, it's not as urgent as the PWA16:04
replaceafillzOnny, file an issue if you need to remember it for later16:05
replaceafillzOnny, or make a todo.txt16:05
replaceafillzOnny, you should be cleaning the PWA implementation16:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: having this issue pending is not good16:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: once I will keep merging new commits16:06
replaceafillzOnny, having the PWA dirty is worse16:06
jelknerreplacefill, i have a *really* important question16:06
jelknerif we have opened a vote, and then while the vote is open can we still add eligible voters to the role?16:07
jelkneralison wrote back to me suggesting we do that16:07
replaceafilljelkner, can you define role in this context?16:07
jelknerroll16:07
jelknerthe list of eligible voters16:07
replaceafilljelkner, ah ok16:08
replaceafilljelkner, yes, as long as this happens16:08
replaceafill- vote is created and ballot gets frozen16:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will rid of serviceWorker because it will not be capable to handle the complete project offline16:08
replaceafill- ballot has a tendenci group as eligible voters16:09
jelknerwhat is serviceWorker?16:09
replaceafill- new member is added to the group16:09
replaceafill- new member logs in and tendenci picks their login16:09
replaceafill- new member moves from tendenci to helios16:09
replaceafill- new member is able to vote16:09
jelknerwhat do you mean tendenci picks their login?16:10
replaceafilljelkner, we should test it, but i think this is how it'd work16:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: there is not a good Doc yet about how to set up serviceWorker with Django16:10
jelknerhow can they login then have tendenci pick their login?16:10
replaceafilljelkner, that tendenci saves the auth credentials for CAS sign on16:10
jelknerCAS signon?16:10
replaceafilljelkner, central authentication system (cas)16:10
jelknerso i need to explain this in English to alison ;-)16:11
replaceafilljelkner, we should test it first16:11
jelknerwant to test it now?16:11
replaceafilljelkner, it'll need manual intervention from a ORA admin16:11
jelkneri can email her about giving you the ballat question16:11
replaceafilljelkner, after the member has created their account16:12
replaceafilljelkner, or us of course16:12
replaceafilljelkner, but putting the new member in the voting group is a manual task16:12
jelknerwe can create fake users and then delete them, yes?16:12
replaceafilljelkner, yes16:12
replaceafilljelkner, let's try in the NWD site16:12
replaceafilljelkner, want to set it up?16:12
jelknersure16:13
jelknerlet me email alison16:13
replaceafilljelkner, ok16:13
replaceafillzOnny, afaiu that is not django related16:13
replaceafillzOnny, why does the service worker need to try to cache those things?16:14
replaceafillzOnny, is that what's causing this 404 issue?16:14
replaceafillzOnny, why not deleting just this: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/blob/novawebdev_prod/media/js/sw.js#L416:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: it is causing because those listed files are related to other files or templates16:16
replaceafillzOnny, ok, you need to understand that there's no such file as nova/templates/homepage.html16:16
replaceafillzOnny, accesible to the server16:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: I was testing16:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: can you give an example which files are accesible to the server ?16:17
replaceafillzOnny, by that i mean, those templates are not useful without the django renderer16:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct16:18
replaceafillzOnny, they're just jinja like files16:18
replaceafillzOnny, useless for service worker purposes16:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: sw will cach all the filles listed16:20
replaceafillzOnny, why would you cache a jinja template?16:20
replaceafillzOnny, you cache things that allow you to use the website offline, right?16:21
replaceafillzOnny, images, css, even text afaik16:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct16:21
replaceafillzOnny, anyway, you know more about this than me16:21
replaceafillzOnny, so let me step aside :D16:21
jelknerreplaceafill, can i ask you about what i think is another bug?16:21
replaceafilljelkner, sure16:21
replaceafilljelkner, it probably is16:21
replaceafilljelkner, :P16:21
jelkneri started to create an election.  think i gave it a name that was too long, since i got "16:22
jelknerThere were some problems in the form. Please review. Thanks!16:22
jelknerShort name - Ensure this value has at most 40 characters (it has 42).16:22
jelkner"16:22
zOnnybut it will not render if the main homepage or the root is not readable by sw16:22
jelkneri'm assing short name is name16:22
jelknerassuming16:22
replaceafilljelkner, yes16:22
replaceafilljelkner, i wasn't aware of that limit :O16:22
jelkneranyway, i shortened it, but the system doesn't seen to realize that16:22
jelknerevery time i click Create Election i get the same error16:23
replaceafilljelkner, oh16:23
jelknerEven if i try to name it "Foo"16:23
jelknerwhich is clearly less than 40 characters16:23
jelkneri think i can cancel and start again16:23
jelknerbut this is a bug16:23
replaceafilljelkner, it's definitely a bug16:24
replaceafilljelkner, it's because we're cheating through css16:24
replaceafilljelkner, the short name field is there16:24
replaceafilljelkner, hidden16:24
jelknerok, so i worked around it16:25
replaceafilljelkner, but after the validation error it doesn't get updated as initially does16:25
replaceafilljelkner, by reloading the form? :)16:25
jelknerso you know the problem16:26
jelknercould you please file this bug16:26
replaceafilljelkner, no i didn't16:26
replaceafilljelkner, i'm looking at the code16:26
replaceafilljelkner, sure16:26
jelknersince you will have a better way to describe it than i will16:26
jelknerin the mean time, i'll create the election16:26
replaceafilljelkner, as zOnny says but differently, "on it"16:28
jelknerelection created16:29
replaceafilljelkner, url?16:30
replaceafilljelkner, invite others or regular meetings?16:30
jelknerinvite others16:33
jelknerbut i'm trying to assign it to the study group16:33
jelknerit says "No ballots yet"16:33
jelkneroh, freeze ballot and open election"16:34
jelknershould i?16:34
replaceafilljelkner, are you following our creationg election doc?16:34
jelknerno16:34
jelkneri'm just trying to figure it out from the ui16:34
jelknergoogle has spoiled me16:34
jelknersince you can usually do that ;-)16:34
jelknerbut i will if you insist :-(16:34
replaceafilljelkner, we're not as good as google :P16:35
replaceafilljelkner, yes feeze it16:35
replaceafillfreeze*16:35
jelknermaybe, but we're not bad in this case16:35
jelknersince i seem to have done it16:35
jelknerbtw, if you want someone to use docs16:35
jelknerthey should be linked from the first page of the election creation screen16:36
jelknerwith a big bright note says "read this before you start"16:36
replaceafilljelkner, :D16:36
replaceafilljelkner, good idea16:36
replaceafilljelkner, for testing this16:36
replaceafilljelkner, you'll need to remove someone from the Study Group16:36
jelknerasking someone to navigate to somewhere else on their own to find documentation is unacceptable16:37
jelknerwho?16:37
replaceafilljelkner, everyone except you16:37
replaceafilljelkner, for now16:37
replaceafilljelkner, just for testing purposes16:37
replaceafilljelkner, then you vote16:37
jelknerhmmm..16:37
jelknerhow will remember who was in it?16:37
jelknerwe will be destroying valuable data16:37
replaceafilljelkner, because we're only 6!16:37
jelknerthe study group is real16:37
replaceafilljelkner, huh?16:37
replaceafilljelkner, it's all of us16:37
jelkneroh, i lelkneralfaro set that up16:38
jelkneri didn't know everyone had said they wanted to do it16:38
jelknerok let me do that16:38
jelknerhmmm, zOnny i think we have a problem :-(16:39
jelkneri don't see any navigation on the page16:40
jelknerwhen i want "Return to Elections"16:40
replaceafilljelkner, that's an issue in Helios16:41
jelknerwhat should i do?16:41
jelknerreloading doesn't help16:41
jelkneropen a new tab and login again?16:41
replaceafilljelkner, start from novawebdevelopment.org again?16:42
replaceafilljelkner, oh, you're in the pwa?16:42
jelkneri don't know16:42
replaceafilljelkner, we need to solve that!16:42
jelknervoting.novawebdevelopment.org16:43
jelknerif i delete the voting, i'm ok16:43
replaceafilljelkner, yeah16:43
replaceafilljelkner, i'll file an issue16:43
jelknerand i'll delete everyone from the study group16:43
jelknerand then vote16:43
replaceafilljelkner, +116:43
jelknerhmmm, i see the following choices:16:46
jelknerDelete16:46
jelknerPermissions16:46
jelknerAdd Member16:46
jelknerRemove myself from group16:46
jelknerhow can i remove members?16:46
replaceafilljelkner, it's obvious, by Add Member16:47
replaceafill(joke)16:47
replaceafilljelkner, i know, it's one of the worst labels16:47
jelkneri just added my self to "The Knights Who Say "Ni!"" btw16:47
jelknerthat worked16:47
replaceafilljelkner, Add Member should be "Manage Members" or soemthing16:47
jelkner+116:48
jelknerManage Members would be perfect16:48
replaceafilljelkner, since we're filing everyting...16:48
jelknerfunny, the arrows for removing members don't work16:48
replaceafilljelkner, let me add one16:48
jelknerbut double clicking on them does16:48
jelknerlet me vote first16:48
jelknerthen you can add yourself16:48
jelknerand try to vote16:48
jelknerwhy does "Copy of Display issues test" appear twice under "Open Elections"?16:49
replaceafilljelkner, because i created two16:50
replaceafilljelkner, with the same title16:50
jelknerbtw. i understand kathryn's issue16:50
replaceafilljelkner, we were discussing this yesterday with lelkneralfaro16:50
jelknerthe second "Submit your vote" is badly redundant16:50
replaceafilljelkner, we've been using the NWD as experimentation device16:51
replaceafillexperimenting* whatever you call it16:51
jelkneryou get a screen showing you your ballot with a "Submit your vote" button16:51
replaceafilljelkner, +116:51
jelknerthen you need to "Submit your vote" again! :-(16:51
jelkneror else you haven't voted16:51
replaceafilljelkner, it's you jumping from JS to django16:51
replaceafilljelkner, i know16:51
jelknerok16:51
jelkneras long as you know ;-)16:51
replaceafilljelkner, at least we should relabel those16:51
jelknerthere must be a way to eliminate the 2nd one16:52
replaceafilljelkner, ok, so i see your vote16:52
replaceafilljelkner, not really16:52
replaceafilljelkner, well, we can discuss it later :)16:52
jelknerit's software, man!16:52
replaceafilljelkner, i can explain *in person*!16:52
jelknerwe can write a little robot system that clicks the 2nd button for you ;-)16:52
replaceafilljelkner, lolollololol16:53
replaceafilljelkner, nice one!16:53
replaceafilljelkner, ok, want me to vote?16:53
jelknersure16:53
replaceafilljelkner, add me to the group16:53
replaceafilljelkner, simulating what the ORA admins will do16:53
replaceafilljelkner, new ORA members shouldn't be able to add themselves16:53
jelknercorrect16:54
jelknerlet me say that differently, *CORRECT*!!!!!16:54
replaceafill:P16:54
jelknerno one but a responsible person should be able to add someone to the voting rolls16:54
replaceafilljelkner, that's possible at the moment16:55
replaceafilljelkner, groups have that16:55
jelknerok, you can vote16:55
jelknerif it works, i'll add back the others16:55
jelknerand mr_german too16:55
replaceafilljelkner, done16:55
replaceafilljelkner, mr_german doesn't have a user yet16:56
replaceafilljelkner, voted16:56
jelkneryes, i see16:56
replaceafilljelkner, so you see, it should work16:56
jelknerit worked!16:56
replaceafilljelkner, :)16:56
jelknerit did work16:56
jelknerthat's a lot better than should16:56
jelkneras dave welsh always said, "The difference between 'should' and 'does' is where I make all my money!" ;-)16:57
replaceafill:D16:57
replaceafilljelkner, so if i understand corretly, the vote won't happen on monday, right?16:58
replaceafilljelkner, they'll define the list then16:58
replaceafillvoters list16:58
jelknerwho is admin?16:58
replaceafilljelkner, in ORA, the sc16:58
jelkneron our site16:59
replaceafilljelkner, the 6 of us16:59
replaceafilljelkner, 6 members16:59
jelknerso i won't add it to the study group16:59
jelknerok, all 6 added back16:59
replaceafilljelkner, cool16:59
jelknerwhy doesn't mr_german have a user?16:59
jelkneror marco?17:00
jelknermjsir911?17:00
replaceafilljelkner, because we as a group haven't defined the bylaws for having users in the system17:00
replaceafilljelkner, :D17:00
mjsir911hi17:00
jelknerbut hrodriguez does17:00
jelknerare you on vacation, mjsir911?17:00
replaceafilljelkner, that's lelkneralfaro testing some things17:00
mjsir911leaving tomorrow17:00
jelknerand coming back when?17:01
jelkneri didn't know17:01
jelkneri thought you were gone17:01
mjsir911nope, just preparing17:01
jelknerhrodriquez passed her CIW cert17:01
jelknerwe went out to celebrate17:01
jelknerwould have invited you17:01
jelknerbut i thought you were gone17:01
mjsir911oh its no problem17:01
jelkneranyway, have a great trip17:02
jelkneri leave tomorrow too17:02
mjsir911thanks17:02
jelknerwhen do you return?17:02
mjsir911next weekend17:02
jelknerahh, before me17:02
jelkneri come back wednesday night 8/2217:02
jelkneractually, around midnight, so early morning 8/2317:02
mjsir911alright17:03
replaceafilljelkner, are we done?17:06
replaceafilljelkner, i need to go get some things for tomorrow :)17:06
jelknersure17:06
jelknerwe have 11 days to work on this17:06
mr_german:o17:06
jelkneri was trying to create a group and couldn't figure out how17:06
replaceafilljelkner, it'll be rock solid after that!17:06
jelknerbut i'll ask you in el salavador17:07
jelkner+117:07
jelknerhasta tomorrow17:07
replaceafilljelkner, see you tomorrow, have a nice flight17:07
replaceafillsee you tomorrow mr_german17:07
mr_germansee you17:07
mr_germano/17:07
jelknerthnx!17:07
*** Dany has joined #novawebdev17:45
DanyzOnny, hi17:45
jelknerDany, hi19:17
jelknerare you still here?19:18
jelkneri'm packing for el salvador19:18
jelknerleaving tomorrow19:18
jelknerACTION signs off for the day19:18

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!