IRC log of #novawebdev for Wednesday, 2018-08-15

*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev02:39
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev09:47
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:16
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev11:13
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev11:26
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev11:36
replaceafilljelkner, https://github.com/benadida/helios-server/issues/18211:55
jelknerGood morning, zOnny 12:24
jelkneror good afternoon in your case ;-)12:25
zOnnyjelkner: good morning12:25
jelknerany news on the aea pwa?12:25
jelkneri'm waiting to test it12:25
zOnnyjelkner: it is already to test 12:25
jelkneroh my12:25
zOnnyjelkner: Novalaciro as well 12:26
jelknerlet me get right to that then!12:26
jelknerACTION goes to install aea and novalaicro pwas...12:26
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev12:54
lelkneralfarojelkner, hey i am here12:54
lelkneralfarojelkner, want to chat about something?12:54
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev12:58
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev12:59
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev13:00
jelknerlelkneralfaro, it would be nice if you and zOnny can plan to be on irc today, tomorrow, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday at 10 am.13:02
jelknerwe are starting at 8 am to accommodate that.13:02
jelknermr_german and replaceafill have been working furiously13:02
jelknerthis is what we call a development sprint13:03
jelknerduring these next few days, we want to push hard to get our organizing tool ready for market13:03
jelkneri just installed the AEA PWA (Yippee!=13:03
jelkneri've got screenshots and an issue i'm about to file13:04
jelknerbut we want to all be on the same page regarding priorities13:04
jelknerlelkneralfaro, that discussion we had earlier about what you need to be ready to market our tool is crucial now13:04
jelknernow is your chance to get the most rapid progress toward that goal13:05
jelknerso we need your input13:05
lelkneralfarojelkner, what input are you looking for13:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: this very interesting https://imgur.com/a/wd9xEys13:10
jelknerlelkneralfaro, we need a ToDo list of highest priorities for launch13:10
replaceafillzOnny, you can paste url to webpages and sections :)13:10
replaceafillzOnny, but yes13:10
jelkneri'm here working with mr_german and replaceafill, so i'm asking for fixes to things i need13:10
replaceafillzOnny, use {% url ... %} as much as possible13:11
jelknerbut you are the one who will be hitting the street in a few weeks to market our product13:11
jelknerso having you sign off that it is ready is crucial13:11
jelknerzOnny, what are you working on now?13:17
jelknerCan you please work on this: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/5113:17
jelknerreplaceafill agrees13:18
zOnnyjelkner: I am developing an app based on what nathan has left13:18
jelknerbut the priority is this issue13:18
zOnnyjelkner: ok13:19
jelknerwe need to coordinate so we are ready for aea13:19
zOnnyjelkner: it will be quick13:19
replaceafillzOnny, another one for you https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/5213:19
zOnnyjelkner: it is already fixed on ORA13:19
replaceafillzOnny, it's a general issue in all of our themes13:19
replaceafillzOnny, so please fix it in master and then "cascade" (merge) in each theme13:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see 13:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks13:20
replaceafillzOnny, thank you13:20
replaceafillzOnny, jelkner posted this comment on the forums issue: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/51#note_9473461613:22
replaceafillzOnny, let me know if you need help setting that up13:23
zOnnyreplaceafill: same as the ORA ?13:23
replaceafillzOnny, oh you have set them for ora already?13:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct13:24
replaceafillzOnny, cool, so yes13:24
replaceafillzOnny, same13:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok13:24
replaceafillzOnny, NWD, ORA and AEA all have trheaded posts enabled13:24
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok13:25
jelknerlelkneralfaro, documentation can be frustrating to write13:31
jelknerespecially since you are documenting a moving target13:31
jelknerso the target keeps changing, and your documentation quickly becomes obsolete13:32
jelknerbad and frustrating to you and users alike13:32
lelkneralfarojelkner, yes that's frustrating. but it's also just tough to slog throgh13:32
jelknerit's a bit like comments in source code13:32
lelkneralfarojelkner, even if the changes weren't a thing13:32
jelknersince they aren't linked directly to the code, they tend to become out of date13:33
lelkneralfarojelkner, and I'm trying to adjust my work to getting used to it13:33
jelknerbetter code is self-documenting13:33
jelknerbetter apps should likewise13:33
lelkneralfarojelkner, it's really unstimulating 13:33
jelknerwe need the documentation inside our application13:33
jelknerso it can't become out of date13:34
jelknersince developers change it as they change the application13:34
lelkneralfarojelkner, that sounds like something way down the line13:35
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev13:35
zOnnyreplaceafill: you mean Both issues in master, right?13:41
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev13:54
nrcernaHello World!13:54
zOnnyzOnny: Hello nrcerna 13:58
nrcernaHello zOnny  :)13:58
jelknerreplacefill and jelkner are discussing context aware help14:10
jelknerthis is a critical discussion14:11
nrcerna:O jelkner 14:15
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev14:29
jelknerso, lelkneralfaro here is what we've determined for now14:29
jelkner1. lelkneralfaro stops writing documentation14:29
jelkner2. we will only update documentation based on user issues14:30
jelkner3. replaceafill will find "somewhere" to track user issues ;')14:30
jelknerso let's get back to work on our tool14:30
jelknerin the long term (should we make it to the long term)14:31
jelknerwe will want to add better context sensitive help to tendenci 1114:31
lelkneralfarojelkner, for me does that mean I should be testing and filing issues?14:31
lelkneralfarojelkner, when you say get back to work on our tool?14:31
jelknerahh, great question14:32
jelknerhere is what i am requesting in that regard14:32
jelkner1. replaceafill setups up a dev site for testmonkeys14:32
jelkner2. we remove fake users and fake votes, etc. from our own website14:32
jelknerand begin true dogfooding14:32
jelknerwhich means using our website as an organizational tool14:33
jelknerso we have real forums and real issues14:33
jelknerand real votes14:33
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro regarding the dev site discussion14:33
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro it's a huge burden have the dev site mirroring the exact functionality of the prod  sites14:34
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro zOnny's noticed that recently14:34
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro so i'd like to propose we train lelkneralfaro to set up his own local dev instances14:35
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro and how to update them14:35
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, okay I'm up for that14:35
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, jelkner why would my own local dev instance not have the same problem of the mirroring of the prod sites?14:36
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, because the dev server was set up earlier than our current functionality14:37
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, and i couldn't keep up the pace in there14:37
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, my initial goal for it was to show customers features we were developing14:38
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, but were not stable enough for production14:38
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, like proposed changes to the homepages and so on14:38
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, and get the customer approval or feedback on those14:38
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, okay I understand. 14:39
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, but that's mostly for CMs14:39
replaceafillCMSs14:39
jelknerin our current context, replaceafill 14:39
jelknerwe aren't going to offer too many of those changes14:39
jelknerso we don't really need that, right?14:39
replaceafillACTION stops addressing messages individually :)14:40
replaceafillright14:40
replaceafillthe product doesn't change like that14:40
replaceafillfeatures need to get stable first14:40
replaceafillwe're not there yet14:40
jelkner+114:40
replaceafillwe have broken and unfinished features14:40
jelknerthat is our current task14:40
jelknerto "lock down" our tool14:40
replaceafillso until we have that done we should worry about having mirror dev sites14:41
jelknerto the thing we will market at first14:41
jelknerso we can still remove the testing monkeys14:41
jelknerfrom our site14:41
jelknerand just start using it for real14:41
replaceafillzOnny, you around?14:42
zOnnymr_german: replaceafill yes ?14:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes ?14:42
replaceafillzOnny, do you see value in our dev sites?14:42
replaceafillzOnny, i mean having them is important to you?14:43
replaceafillzOnny, do you mind if i get rid of them?14:43
jelknerzOnny, think novalaciro14:43
replaceafillzOnny, it'd simplify some of our git merging issues14:43
jelkneroh zOnny, were are you?14:43
zOnnyreplaceafill: not really but if we are still struggling with git 14:43
replaceafillok, motion to "disable" our dev sites from the time being14:45
replaceafillanyone opposed to it?14:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am ok with that14:47
replaceafillzOnny, cool14:47
jelknerlelkneralfaro, here is a task for you that would be a big help14:47
jelknercan you please go into our website and delete all fake data?14:47
jelknertestmonkey users14:47
jelknerfake votes, etc14:48
lelkneralfarojelkner, yup. easily done. fake votes I have no idea how to do tht14:48
lelkneralfarojelkner, fake users i can do though14:48
jelknerreplaceafill has to do that14:48
zOnnyreplaceafill: Do I have permission to push commits on master ?14:49
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german i'll set up this new workflow and let you know14:50
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german for now, keep working the way we've been doing14:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?14:54
replaceafillzOnny, sorry, i was away talking to mr_german14:55
replaceafillzOnny, yes?14:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/pGoNaQvBn93LmUcWte9J/14:56
replaceafillzOnny, no, all the _prod branches are protected14:56
replaceafillzOnny, we haven't done anything of what we just discussed14:57
replaceafillzOnny, nothing has changed yet14:57
replaceafillzOnny, we're planning14:57
replaceafillzOnny, that's why i said: "zOnny, mr_german i'll set up this new workflow and let you know"14:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok14:57
lelkneralfarojelkner, I've deleted the users and the groups that i created. should i delete the other test groups, like the knights who say ni and pythonista?15:03
zOnnymr_german: are u around ?15:04
replaceafillzOnny, he's going out to get lunch15:07
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, +115:07
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i think those were created for testing voting15:07
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool thanks15:07
replaceafillACTION goes to get lunch15:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: I did the fixes on master branch15:08
replaceafillzOnny, for the horizontal scrolling issue?15:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes15:08
zOnnyboth15:08
replaceafillzOnny, great15:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: but master is protected15:08
replaceafillzOnny, if you can't push to master, please add one15:08
replaceafillzOnny, yes15:08
replaceafillzOnny, and i'll merge it this afternoon15:08
replaceafillzOnny, or create a merge request :)15:09
replaceafillzOnny, and i'll just click the button15:09
zOnnyadd  a new branch ?15:09
replaceafillzOnny, yes15:09
replaceafillzOnny, a personal one zOnny/fix_something_something15:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: I included the forum issue as well15:09
replaceafillzOnny, oh cool15:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok15:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: ttyl15:10
jelknerACTION signs off for lunch (he is being fed sooo well, here! ;-)15:18
jelknerbb in < 60 mins.15:19
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev16:08
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev16:13
jelknerback from a great lunch!16:14
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev16:15
replaceafillzOnny, is the zOnny/navigation_fixes ready to be merged?16:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct16:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: uhmmmm hold on16:19
replaceafillzOnny, since we'll probably land some more commits to master16:19
replaceafillzOnny, during the sprint16:19
replaceafillzOnny, i'll give you permission to do it, ok?16:20
nrcernareplaceafill: can we talk today?16:20
replaceafillnrcerna, what time should i call you?16:20
jelknernrcerna, are you here?16:20
jelknerdid you get off early on Friday, nrcerna?16:21
replaceafillzOnny, done, you can merge and push to master16:22
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks16:22
nrcernaHello :), that is what I want to takl,  I think Im going to be able jelkner and replaceafill 16:22
nrcernatalk*16:23
nrcernammm , I think 7:30 it is ok to call replaceafill 16:23
replaceafillnrcerna, cool, i'll call you at 7:30 our time16:23
replaceafillnrcerna, talk to you then16:23
nrcernaHow are you jelkner ? :D16:24
jelkneri'm having a great time, nrcerna 16:26
jelknermarcela is feeding me too well ;-)16:27
jelknerand hanging out with mr_german and replaceafill is great fun16:27
jelknerlooking forward to meeting you in person on Friday16:27
jelknerzOnny: btw, i think i told you before, but https://novawebdevelopment.org/help-files/pwa/ is really nicely done16:30
zOnnyjelkner: cool16:31
replaceafillzOnny, now you'll cascade the navigation fix to all the themes, right?16:34
zOnnyreplaceafill: I think so :/16:36
replaceafillzOnny, :|16:36
replaceafillzOnny, please do16:36
nrcernaI'm happy to read that jelkner , I'm nervous as mr_german told a few days before16:38
nrcernaago*16:38
jelkneri'm looking forward to dinner, nrcerna16:38
jelknerwhere do you want to go?16:38
nrcernadid you eat pupusas already? jelkner  :D16:39
jelkneri was trying to get everyone to go to the brew pub in san salvador, but no one but me likes beer :-(16:39
nrcernajajajaja, I like "micheladas" jelkner 16:40
nrcernathat has some beer jelkner 16:40
jelknermi cuñada took me to los planes de rendero16:40
jelknerbut i could eat pupusas 7 days a week16:41
nrcernajajajaj that is a super human Salvadorean power! jelkner 16:41
jelknerhttp://cervezacadejo.com/cadejo-es.html16:43
jelknersee if they have micheladas, nrcerna 16:43
jelknerthen maybe i could lobby you to go there16:44
jelknersomos 7, so we would still need 2 more votes16:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: by cascade you mean merge?16:44
replaceafillzOnny, affirmative16:45
nrcernaOk jelkner  :) 16:45
replaceafillnrcerna, are you going to be able to leave early on friday?16:45
zOnnyreplaceafill: merge master to novawebdev_prod directly ?16:46
replaceafillzOnny, no16:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: merge maste to _dev first ?16:46
replaceafillzOnny, yes16:46
replaceafillzOnny, master -> dev -> prod16:46
nrcernaThats is what im trying to make :) , i think if I come to work tomorrow in the morning I'm going to be able to do that. replaceafill 16:47
replaceafillnrcerna, cool16:47
nrcernatienes algo en mente ? replaceafill 16:47
replaceafillnrcerna, en mente?16:52
nrcernaPensé que lo estabas preguntando por algo más específico replaceafill 16:53
replaceafillnrcerna, no, solo queria saber si te esperabamos para ir a cenar16:54
nrcernaOki replaceafill 16:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: mr_german don't forget the pulls 16:56
replaceafillzOnny, thanks for the heads up16:56
replaceafillzOnny, i just kicked CI in the NWD site16:56
zOnnyreplaceafill: good16:58
replaceafillzOnny, check NWD and navbar doesn't scroll anymore16:58
replaceafillzOnny, good work16:58
zOnnyreplaceafill: NWD, AEA and ?17:02
replaceafillzOnny, ORA17:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah17:03
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks17:03
replaceafillzOnny, there's an issue with NEA4OR17:04
replaceafillzOnny, with horizontal scrolling17:04
replaceafillzOnny, but it's caused by a picture in the home page17:04
replaceafillzOnny, novalaciro17:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?17:06
replaceafilljelkner, Güisquil17:07
replaceafillgüisquil17:07
replaceafilljelkner, http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=pipi%C3%A1n17:08
replaceafillzOnny, novalaciro has the same problem17:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok17:10
zOnnyI wonder if this is an Issue https://imgur.com/a/b6JZS3r :/17:26
replaceafillzOnny, wasn't that part of the forums issue?17:38
replaceafillzOnny, https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/5117:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: nope17:42
replaceafilljelkner, is this https://imgur.com/a/b6JZS3r part of this https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/5117:42
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://gitlab.com/gfbot/helios_booth/tree/master17:42
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev17:43
jelknerzOnny: you have complete authority to take ownership of issues like this17:45
jelkneryou don't need to ask anyone17:45
jelkneryou da man!17:45
jelknerwe need text on top and user input underneath17:46
jelknerboth full width if possible17:46
jelkneri don't know how easy that is to do17:46
jelknerif it is really, really hard, we may need to think of something else17:46
jelknerbut please feel free to use your judgment17:46
jelkneryou know more than me17:47
jelknerACTION signs off for a bit to test a different laptop17:52
jelknerACTION is still in the room with mr_german and replaceafill, so ping them to reach me17:53
zOnnyit is the long link :(, once the link is deleted https://imgur.com/a/TJ8rOrs 17:53
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german do you know how to fix it without deleting the link? :)17:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: the long link is just one word 17:54
zOnnyreplaceafill: good question for google 17:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: on it17:55
replaceafillmr_german, https://novawebdevelopment.org/forums/c/study-groups/technology-and-economy/capitalism-and-hacking-it/17:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18157620/responsive-solution-for-long-urls-that-exceed-the-device-width17:56
mr_germanzOnny, i can help you with that17:56
zOnnymr_german: which  is the <property> : <value> for it 17:57
mr_germani think booststrap17:57
mr_germanhas a class17:57
mr_germanfor that17:57
mr_german"text-wrap", but let me see where you have to put it17:58
mr_germanzOnny, 17:58
zOnnymr_german: is this the solution https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/prevent-long-urls-from-breaking-out-of-container/17:58
zOnnymr_german: most of the links are included as a attribute17:59
zOnnymr_german: it can be in the a { }18:00
zOnnymr_german: no worries I can deal with it18:01
zOnnyAlthougt it is not a link :(18:14
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev19:35
jelknerACTION signing off for the day bb early tomorrow morning19:36

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!