IRC log of #novawebdev for Friday, 2018-09-14

*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev08:12
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev08:31
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev11:08
lelkneralfaroACTION steps away bb in 20 minutes11:48
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev11:57
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev13:15
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev14:39
mr_germanreplaceafill, i just pushed my two branches15:01
mr_germannow, im going to test the navbars15:01
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/tree/gfbot/sign_in_link15:02
mr_germanthis one for novawebdev: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/nova-base-theme/tree/gfbot/custom_attendance15:02
replaceafillmr_german, cool15:04
replaceafillmr_german, please ping zOnny in the issue and ask him to review your work15:05
mr_germanreplaceafill, sure, just let me test that first15:05
replaceafillmr_german, don't forget to explain him what he needs to do15:05
mr_germancool15:06
mr_germanreplaceafill, 15:14
mr_germanthere's a way to export my current nav.json15:14
mr_german?15:14
replaceafillmr_german, i think so, dumpdata15:14
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://pastebin.com/7Mr7NipX15:15
replaceafillmr_german, should be something like: python manage.py dumpdata navs15:15
mr_germani did "../venv-tendenci_v1/bin/python manage.py dumpdata > themes/nova/apps/navs/fixtures/nav.json"15:16
mr_germanor is without ">"15:16
replaceafillmr_german, try only navs but don't point to any existing fixture15:16
replaceafillmr_german, it'll just print the output15:16
mr_germanreplaceafill, now i have "navs" file 15:20
mr_germanits a huge file15:20
mr_germanwith too many json inside15:21
replaceafillmr_german, paste it here15:21
mr_germanbut, it doesn't look like the normal nav15:21
mr_germani cant15:21
replaceafillmr_german, did you add "dumpdata navs" ?15:21
mr_germanmy editor crashes15:21
mr_germanyes15:21
mr_germani did15:21
mr_germani run this "../venv-tendenci_v1/bin/python manage.py dumpdata navs"15:22
replaceafillmr_german, it should be at much a few kb15:22
replaceafillmr_german, print it to the console15:22
replaceafillmr_german, and paste that15:22
mr_germanwait15:23
replaceafillmr_german, what nave did you recreate?15:23
replaceafillnav*15:23
mr_germanno, i don't any nav yet, i just want to know how to export15:24
mr_germanwhen i start to add them15:24
replaceafillmr_german, ok, don't sweat it15:24
replaceafillmr_german, just tell zOnny to do it manually15:24
mr_germanshould i do it first?15:24
mr_germanright15:24
mr_german?15:24
replaceafillmr_german, yes, do it manually15:24
mr_germank15:24
replaceafillmr_german, once you finish the task you can learn about dumpdata15:25
replaceafillmr_german, or at least once you put it in a good review state15:25
replaceafillmr_german, then you can experiment with it and help zOnny to do it automatically15:25
mr_germanreplaceafill, or i can use the default one15:25
mr_germanand just modified15:25
replaceafillmr_german, no15:26
replaceafillmr_german, leave that alone15:26
mr_germanmodify it*15:26
mr_germanok15:26
replaceafillmr_german, we don't need that data in the repos15:26
replaceafillmr_german, (yet)15:26
replaceafillmr_german, https://paste.pound-python.org/show/LjR1dvQ16dxWvGaYTXIP/15:26
replaceafillmr_german, that's my dumpdata navs15:26
replaceafillmr_german, it's mostly tendenci's default navs15:26
mr_germanreplaceafill, yet, i got that15:27
mr_germanyes*15:27
replaceafillmr_german, cool15:27
replaceafillmr_german, anything else?15:27
replaceafillmr_german, i'm about to go eat15:27
mr_germanyes, but i think im goint to call you 15:27
mr_germanquick call15:27
mr_germanif you dont mind15:27
replaceafillmr_german, ok15:27
replaceafillmr_german, we can hang out15:27
replaceafillmr_german, so you don't waste minutes15:27
*** jj__ has joined #novawebdev15:28
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev15:29
zOnnyjj__: ?15:29
jj__Hey zOnny15:30
mr_germanACTION goes to lunch brb 1 hour15:43
replaceafillACTION goes to run a few errands, bb in ~1h16:33
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev16:42
mr_germanACTION is back17:16
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev17:25
zOnnyhey replaceafill 17:29
zOnnyreplaceafill: busy ?17:30
zOnnyhye mr_german 17:33
mr_germanzOnny, hey17:36
zOnnymr_german: busy ?17:36
mr_germanyes, a bit17:37
mr_germanwhat do you need17:37
mr_german?17:37
replaceafillACTION is back17:38
replaceafillhello zOnny17:38
zOnnymr_german: replaceafill I have a question17:38
replaceafillzOnny, yes?17:39
zOnnyreplaceafill: can we offer the same features ? + voting  https://teamqueso.com/17:40
replaceafillzOnny, what features?17:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: this team is my younger brother team 17:41
zOnnyreplaceafill: they want to renew their website17:42
zOnnyreplaceafill: my brother requested me if our co-op can support the same features17:43
replaceafillzOnny, i don't understand what you mean by features?17:43
zOnnyreplaceafill: the website's applications17:44
replaceafillzOnny, we're going in circles as usual17:44
replaceafillzOnny, what website applications?17:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: https://teamqueso.com/?lang=en17:45
replaceafillzOnny, what do you mean by applications or features17:46
replaceafillzOnny, i don't understand what you're referring to17:46
replaceafillzOnny, i see a website, with content... what do you want me to see specifically?17:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: http://store.teamqueso.com/en/17:47
replaceafillzOnny, words zOnny words17:48
replaceafillzOnny, explain yourself17:48
replaceafillzOnny, sending urls is pointless17:48
replaceafillzOnny, i see the pages, but i don't understand what you mean17:48
zOnnyreplaceafill: my point about this question 17:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: can we do the same site with tendenci ?17:50
replaceafillzOnny, i have no idea, what are they needs?17:51
replaceafillzOnny, do they need a cms? do they need memberships?17:51
replaceafillzOnny, this looks like a regular website with shopping cart functionality17:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: that is why my brother requested if we can support doing the same site17:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: plus our memberships and voting applications17:52
replaceafillzOnny, why don't you talk about it with lelkneralfaro?17:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: they are looking on something like that17:53
replaceafillzOnny, he's probably the person you need at this point17:53
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, okay I'll jump in17:53
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, thanks!17:53
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, :)17:53
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks17:53
lelkneralfarozOnny, I think what replaceafill is trying to say, and (this is the same case with the customer that I bought the domain for yesterday) it is important to be specific about what the customer is going to use their site for and to communicate those details17:54
zOnnylelkneralfaro: are u here ? o.O?17:54
lelkneralfarozOnny, for example, do they have members who are going to events together? do they pay dues? do they need forums?17:55
lelkneralfarozOnny, what do they want? 17:55
zOnnylelkneralfaro: yeah, they want to renew their website17:56
lelkneralfarozOnny, why would they need us?17:56
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I have been talking with my brother about us17:56
lelkneralfarozOnny, do they just want CMS, or events, memberships, forums, voting etc.?17:57
lelkneralfarozOnny, do they not have CMS right now?17:57
zOnnylelkneralfaro: my brother talked to them about our services17:57
lelkneralfarozOnny, which services, we can provide a variety of things? depending on customer needs?17:58
lelkneralfarozOnny, see what I mean?17:58
lelkneralfarozOnny, Elizabeth Guzman just needed CMS and events17:59
lelkneralfarozOnny, Abby might have just need CMS17:59
lelkneralfarozOnny, ORA needs CMS, voting and events...17:59
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I see18:01
lelkneralfarozOnny, :D18:01
zOnnylelkneralfaro: sorry for the confusion.18:02
lelkneralfarozOnny, communicate details to us, and get them for yourself when you work with customers18:02
lelkneralfarozOnny, no problem. but please learn this18:02
lelkneralfarozOnny, if you don't get details and clear plan it will cause lots of problems18:02
lelkneralfarozOnny, for you and the people around you, know what I mean?18:03
lelkneralfarozOnny, in the case of the teamqueso site, we don't support any market place features anyway, so we couldn't help them with that18:04
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I will write them about what are they are looking for18:04
zOnnylelkneralfaro: good point18:04
lelkneralfarozOnny, replaceafill is best used as a resource to answer technical questions that we can't be expected to know18:05
lelkneralfarozOnny, if you have those types of questions those are good to ask him18:06
lelkneralfarozOnny, and I'm sure replaceafill will be happy to answer them, or at least if not happy, he will recognize it is his role to answer them18:07
replaceafilli'm fine providing feedback on anything as long as i understand what we're talking about18:07
lelkneralfarozOnny, also please share with me the details on the lipol.net project as well 18:08
lelkneralfarozOnny, if you want me to communicate with him I need information18:09
replaceafillfipol.net ;)18:09
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, thanks for the correction!18:09
zOnnylelkneralfaro: ok18:10
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, zOnny luckily I didn't make that mistake when purchasing the domain :)18:10
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, it's impressive the amount of spam namecheap sends to info@ 18:11
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, once you purchase something18:11
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, maybe that's why they are so cheap18:12
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, you pay in annoyance18:12
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, right18:12
lelkneralfaroACTION goes to store for dinner food bb in 20 min18:14
lelkneralfarowell before I go, zOnny anything I can help with, you good?18:14
zOnnylelkneralfaro: yes18:15
lelkneralfarozOnny, sorry I asked to questions. are you good? or is there anything I can help with?18:15
zOnnylelkneralfaro: :S18:16
zOnnylelkneralfaro: what you mean with market place features ?18:16
lelkneralfarozOnny, good question :) I don't know if that's usual vocabulary for it, but I see they have a tienda, from what I know we don't have a shopping cart sort of thing18:18
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I see18:18
lelkneralfarozOnny, so I don't know if we could process transactions. we've never explored that18:18
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I see18:19
zOnnylelkneralfaro: that was the answer that I was looking for18:20
lelkneralfarozOnny, here is a draft of a questionnaire I was putting together for us to share with potential customers so that we can get a clear idea of what they are looking for18:20
lelkneralfarozhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1ONFfYKbt9kBZOIulWyUoaLMPSAIPk-wNWUVZ-5wmVNI/edit18:20
lelkneralfarozOnny, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ONFfYKbt9kBZOIulWyUoaLMPSAIPk-wNWUVZ-5wmVNI/edit18:20
lelkneralfarozOnny, it is in the customer workflow shared folder18:21
lelkneralfarozOnny, let me know if it is helpful for you, if not we can talk about it and I can make changes if they should be made18:21
lelkneralfarozOnny, anything else?18:21
zOnnylelkneralfaro: yes18:22
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I forgot my question :(18:23
zOnnylelkneralfaro: that's all 18:23
lelkneralfarozOnny, cool, alright, if it comes back to you, I'll be back at the computer in 20 min18:23
lelkneralfarozOnny, just want to head to the store real quick18:24
lelkneralfarozOnny, will you be around tonight? or planning on signing off soon?18:24
zOnnylelkneralfaro: I will be around18:25
lelkneralfarozOnny, be back soon then18:25
zOnnylelkneralfaro: ttyl18:25
lelkneralfaroACTION back in 2018:25
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev18:59
replaceafillACTION signs off for the day19:25
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev19:29
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev23:54

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!