IRC log of #novawebdev for Monday, 2018-09-17

*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev05:59
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev07:39
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev08:38
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev09:44
jelknerGood morning, lelkneralfaro 10:05
lelkneralfarojelkner, good morning10:05
jelkneri was just using pdf-shuffle to merge the two files10:06
jelknerbut you beat me to it ;-)10:06
lelkneralfarojelkner, :)10:06
jelkneri've printed it out already, lelkneralfaro, thanks!10:07
jelknertalk to you at 12:45 pm10:07
lelkneralfarojelkner, thank you10:07
lelkneralfarojelkner, talk to you later10:07
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:15
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev10:52
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev12:09
jelknerhello lelkneralfaro and replaceafill, i'm ready whenever you are12:34
lelkneralfarojelkner, cool give me 3 minute12:34
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro ready12:35
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, jelkner actually, ready now. I'll call12:35
jelknerhow can i join12:36
jelknerit rang when i was in firefox12:36
mr_germanreplaceafill, done with your requests13:13
replaceafillmr_german, in a meeting, will ping you shortly13:15
mr_germannp13:17
replaceafillmr_german, done13:21
mr_germanreplaceafill, k13:21
mr_germanreplaceafill, just saying that requests that you said in the issue13:21
replaceafillmr_german, oh cool, so you move it to needs review now13:21
mr_germanare done13:21
replaceafillmoved*13:21
mr_germandone13:21
replaceafillmr_german, great, so the ball is now on zOnny's court13:21
mr_germanreplaceafill, 1+13:22
replaceafillmr_german, can you hang out?13:22
replaceafillmr_german, so we discuss your work for this week13:22
mr_germansure13:22
mr_germanreplaceafill, give me a moment13:23
mr_germanplease13:23
mr_germanlet me find my mic13:23
replaceafillmr_german, kk13:23
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev13:24
replaceafillmr_german, https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/7213:28
replaceafillmr_german, https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/intro/install/13:46
replaceafillmr_german, https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/intro/tutorial07/13:49
replaceafillmr_german, https://reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html13:50
replaceafilljelkner, lelkneralfaro gallaudet sent me an information security agreement to sign13:55
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I just received an email saying that they have set you up with a Gallaudet account and VPN access13:56
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'll forward it to you. 13:56
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, great, thanks13:56
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I suppose it would be okay to sign the security agreement. but we shouldn't begin work until jelkner meets with Charles13:57
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, +113:57
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, jelkner and they come to a new agreement and sign a new contract13:58
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, about to send invoice to Shari. how many hours should I say the job took?14:03
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, 214:03
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool at $60.00/hr then?14:03
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, we have a previous invoice we can use for the description14:03
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, yes, 120 total14:03
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool yes I see the previous invoice14:04
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, kk14:04
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev14:19
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev14:52
replaceafillACTION goes to get lunch, bb in ~4515:04
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev16:43
jelknerreplaceafill, ping16:43
replaceafilljelkner, pong16:43
jelknerjust shared a google doc with you that isaac shared with me16:43
replaceafilljelkner, he shared it with me too16:43
jelknerahh16:43
jelknercool, we need to get a proposal together for him16:44
replaceafilljelkner, i gave it just a quick glance but it matches what i expected16:44
jelknercool16:44
jelkneri was hoping it would16:44
replaceafilljelkner, i'll brainstorm some ideas for the proposal16:44
jelkner+116:44
jelknercan we meet next saturday to go over it?16:45
replaceafilljelkner, sure, 11 am?16:45
jelkner+116:45
jelkneri'll add to calendar...16:45
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev17:01
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev17:04
jelknerlelkneralfaro, i just talked to mark17:09
jelknerhe wants me to email the invoice to abby and cc him17:10
lelkneralfarojelkner, cool. you want to take care of that?17:10
jelkneri want to take care of everything while you're around to train me17:10
jelknerdo we have a sample invoice we use?17:10
jelknerwe said $400, yes?17:11
jelknerlelkneralfaro, zOnny also asked me about filipo (sp?)17:12
lelkneralfarojelkner, zOnny is chatting with me about that now17:14
lelkneralfarojelkner, yes we have a template invoice17:14
lelkneralfarojelkner, you can search for it in google drive17:14
jelknercool17:14
lelkneralfarohttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q8nllQxp4N10hnSH8-uBvJ5cMfZ9PmAz4QSmrVu3bJ0/edit#gid=017:14
jelknerthanks, lelkneralfaro!17:17
lelkneralfarojelkner, no problem17:18
jelkner1.5% is really low for late fee17:18
jelkneri'm thinking 10% after 30 days is standard17:18
jelkneri don't know what after 6017:18
jelknerbut as we are learning, that is important since you need to get folks to pay in a timely manor17:19
jelkneri'll look into that tomorrow17:19
jelknerand ask my dear friend in vermont ;-)17:19
jelknerreplaceafill, i was chatting with zOnny17:20
jelknerlater this year we definitely should start hacking together some tools to make this stuff easier17:20
jelknerlike a Django template with our standard contract17:21
jelknerand a form fillin to generate the stuff that isn't standard17:21
jelknerreplaceafill, i've got a great group of students this year17:21
replaceafilljelkner, what stuff?17:21
jelknername, for one17:22
jelknerdate17:22
replaceafilljelkner, ah, ok17:22
jelknerwe can start with the basic contract for the CMS only website17:22
jelknerthat will be the easiest17:22
jelknerbtw, replaceafill, i have a really talented group of students this year17:23
replaceafilljelkner, nice17:23
jelkneri'm sure we can get some of this work out of them as class projects ;-)17:23
replaceafilljelkner, do they know python/django?17:23
jelknerthey will by Spring17:23
replaceafilljelkner, ah ok17:24
jelkneri have 6 very bright female students attending the Django Girls boot camp next saturday17:24
jelknermy goal is to partner up with Django Girls and do a workshop at ACC next Spring17:25
replaceafilljelkner, ah17:25
replaceafillmr_german, jelkner just reminded me, this is another good django tutorial: https://tutorial.djangogirls.org/en/django_start_project/17:26
jelknermr_german, it is a highly rated tutorial17:27
replaceafillmr_german, give it a try if you have a chance17:27
jelknerdjentle and fun ;-)17:27
replaceafilldjentle! :D17:27
jelknerdo you remember aelkner gave an excellent tutorial17:27
jelknerwe called Djentle Django17:27
replaceafilljelkner, yes17:27
jelknerokie dokie, i'm off to a novalaciro board meeting17:28
replaceafilljelkner, kk17:28
jelknerhasta tomorrow17:28
replaceafilljelkner, later o/17:28
jelknerACTION signs off17:28
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev17:31
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev18:28
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev18:51
zOnnymr_german: are you around ?18:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: busy ?18:52
replaceafillzOnny, what do you need?18:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: for testing in frank instances mr_german works 18:54
replaceafillzOnny, ask him in the issue18:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: should I have frank instance for each project ?18:55
replaceafillzOnny, no18:55
replaceafillzOnny, you can just checkout the right branches in the right places18:55
replaceafillzOnny, ask mr_german for directions in the issue18:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will18:55
replaceafillzOnny, cool, thanks18:55
replaceafillzOnny, how's your django level from 1-10?18:55
zOnnyreplaceafill: 2 18:57
replaceafillzOnny, cool, just curious18:57
zOnnyreplaceafill: np18:57
mr_germanzOnny, just switch branches19:03
mr_germanon19:03
mr_germanthemes/nova19:03
zOnnymr_german: I did19:03
mr_germanok19:03
zOnnymr_german: there are empty branches19:04
zOnnymr_german: should I fill out all the ohter project boxes in just once frank instance ?19:04
zOnny*one19:04
mr_germanah?19:06
mr_germanempty19:06
mr_german?19:06
zOnnymr_german: or there is a better way to do it ?19:06
zOnnymr_german: my frank instance is empy of boxes19:08
mr_germanyes19:08
mr_german?19:08
mr_germanyou don't need boxes19:08
zOnnymr_german: right19:09
zOnnymr_german: How do we enable the attendance button ?19:10
mr_germanzOnny, you'll need to create an event with pricing19:11
zOnnymr_german:is this  already included in the script, yes ?19:11
zOnnymr_german: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/event-attendance19:11
mr_germanzOnny, yes19:11
zOnnymr_german: ah19:11
mr_germanzOnny, as i said in the issue19:12
mr_germanyou'll need to change master branch on that to my branch19:12
zOnnyzOnny is ready carefuly the Issue19:12
zOnny*reading19:12
zOnnymr_german: this is how you branch looks like https://imgur.com/a/w2GtRZH19:21
mr_germanthats weird19:24
zOnnymr_german: I see19:25
mr_germandid you clone my branches19:25
mr_german?19:25
mr_germanaea_sign_in_link19:25
mr_german?19:25
zOnnymr_german: nope19:27
mr_germanlol19:28
zOnnymr_german: I checkout to gfbot/aea_sign_in_link19:28
zOnnymr_german: clone ? 19:28
zOnnymr_german: do you want me to clone your branch and set_theme to it ?19:30
mr_germanno19:31
mr_germanzOnny, just clone it19:32
mr_germandon't neeed to do set_theme19:32
mr_germani just a new branch for your frank instance19:32
zOnnymr_german: ah ?19:35
zOnnymr_german: where should the clone repo be located ?19:37
mr_germanwhen you create a frank instance19:37
mr_germaninside of you tendenci folder19:37
mr_germanthere is themes/nova19:38
mr_germanright?19:38
zOnnymr_german: yes19:38
mr_germanso19:38
mr_germaninside nova19:38
mr_germando "git pull"19:38
mr_germanand then19:38
mr_germangit checkout to my branch19:38
zOnnymr_german: done19:38
zOnnymr_german: I did it 19:39
mr_germanthen you'll need to19:39
mr_germanchang19:39
mr_germane19:39
mr_germanattendance branch19:39
mr_germanfrom master to my branch19:39
zOnnymr_german: cool19:40
zOnnymr_german: I see19:40
zOnnymr_german: this is what I have 19:43
zOnnymr_german: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/Y93SSt2w2fz8R3rHyWsF/19:44
mr_germanzOnny, cool19:44
mr_germanzOnny, now, change attendance branch to my branch19:44
zOnnymr_german: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/tlRt3icRWDh54IsdPnjE/19:44
mr_germanzOnny, lol no19:45
mr_germanthat should be located in you venv-tendenci_v1/src/attendace19:45
mr_germanzOnny, 19:45
zOnnymr_german: where ? https://paste.pound-python.org/show/HtQwWcoqfgaRLBkFctR9/19:46
zOnnymr_german: I see19:46
mr_germanin venv-tendenci_v119:47
mr_germanthat's outside19:47
mr_germanzOnny, 19:47
zOnnymr_german: yeah19:47
zOnnymr_german:  https://paste.pound-python.org/show/gWO6Qcj5NqB9C1WLq1az/19:50
mr_germanzOnny, 1+19:51
mr_germanzOnny, try to see19:51
zOnnymr_german: I seems to work dude!19:51
mr_germanyes?19:51
mr_germando you have the navbar again? zOnny 19:51
zOnnymr_german: https://imgur.com/a/IXlcReb19:52
mr_germancool now19:52
mr_germancreate an envent19:52
mr_germanevent*19:52
zOnnyI did19:52
zOnnymr_german: well, hold on19:53
mr_germanyou need to do it with pricing or registration on19:53
mr_germanbut remove "payment require"19:53
mr_germanuncheck19:53
mr_germanthat bux19:53
mr_germanbox*19:53
mr_germanbrb zOnny 19:54
zOnnymr_german: cool19:55
zOnnyI will19:55
zOnnymr_german: Thnks man19:55
mr_germanzOnny, im bavk20:09
mr_germanback*20:09
zOnnymr_german: cool20:09
zOnnymr_german: once I press the button I got this https://imgur.com/a/pIS5tBn 20:13
mr_germanzOnny, do not worry about20:15
mr_germanjust test the button20:15
mr_germanif it looks good and it works20:15
mr_germanon mobile20:15
mr_germandisplays good on mobile*20:16
zOnnymr_german: did you tested it already ?20:17
mr_germanyes20:17
mr_germanyou'll need test it on all the branches that i said20:18
mr_germanin the issue20:18
zOnnyby test the button you men how it displays ?20:18
zOnny*mean20:18
zOnnymr_german:  I got it20:18
mr_germanzOnny, yes20:19
mr_germanon navbars with items20:19
mr_germanand on mobile20:19
zOnnymr_german: how can I make the button works20:19
mr_german;)20:19
zOnnymr_german: did you tested in the pwa ?20:20
mr_germanno, i dont have yet20:21
mr_germandouglas is working on that20:21
zOnnymr_german: ok20:22
zOnnymr_german: I am still confused  why src ?20:23
mr_germanno idea20:24
mr_germanthat question is for douglas ;)20:24
mr_germanajaja20:24
zOnnymr_german: :D20:24
zOnnymr_german: it is only for the events, yes ?20:25
mr_germanyes20:25
mr_german;)20:25
mr_germanzOnny, im done for today ;)20:26
mr_germansee you20:26
mr_germantomorrow20:26
mr_germano/20:26
zOnnymr_german: cool20:26
zOnnymr_german: thanls a lot man20:26
zOnny*thanks20:26
mr_germannp20:26
mr_germanzOnny, 20:26
mr_german;)20:26
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev22:36

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!