IRC log of #novawebdev for Monday, 2018-10-08

*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev13:26
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev13:28
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev14:51
replaceafillping jelkner14:52
jelknergood morning replaceafill 14:55
replaceafillgood morning jelkner14:55
replaceafilljelkner, i'm on my way back to San Salvador14:55
jelknerah, not there yet?14:55
replaceafilljelkner, we decided not to drive last night because it's raining a lot around here14:55
replaceafilljelkner, no, not yet14:55
replaceafilljelkner, i'll be home in about 1 hour14:55
jelknerok, i'll check back with you later14:56
jelknerhow is your dad doing?14:56
replaceafilljelkner, can we meet after that?14:56
jelkneryes14:56
replaceafilljelkner, it seems i have connectivity at the moment but i'm not sure how long that'll last14:56
jelknerunderstood14:56
replaceafilljelkner, he's doing better14:56
jelknerlet's meet when you're home14:56
jelknergood to hear that14:56
replaceafilljelkner, have some trouble walking14:56
replaceafilljelkner, but he's relatively ok14:57
jelknerrecovery can take time14:57
jelknerok, i'll talk to you when you get home14:57
jelkneri want to use hangouts anyway14:57
replaceafilljelkner, cool, thanks14:57
replaceafilljelkner, ok14:57
replaceafilljelkner, ttyl14:57
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev15:06
jelknerGood morning, zOnny!15:37
zOnnygood morning jelkner 15:38
jelknerwe got the check from new jersey15:38
jelknernow all we need is more customers, zOnny15:40
zOnnyjelkner: cool15:40
jelkneri'm waiting to talk with replaceafill when he gets home15:40
zOnnyjelkner: ok15:41
jelknerhe is still traveling back from santa ana15:41
zOnnyjelkner: ah15:43
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev15:53
replaceafilljelkner, ready when you are15:54
jelknercool, replaceafill, get your headset and give me a few more minutes16:02
replaceafilljelkner, headset ready16:02
jelknerjust invited you16:10
jelknerdid you get it, replaceafill?16:10
replaceafilljelkner, no16:10
replaceafilljelkner, let me try16:10
replaceafilljelkner, https://hangouts.google.com/call/VIvoMchT0O6WjX3Gy8j_AAEE16:11
replaceafilljelkner, quick question16:57
replaceafilljelkner, what "resource" would you recommend for someone wanting to learn programming through python?16:57
jelknermy favorite at present for an absolute beginner to both Python and programming is:http://www.openbookproject.net/books/StudentCSP/17:04
jelknerbtw, replaceafill have you heard from Marco?17:04
jelknerwe need to deliver on out contract with VDOE17:04
replaceafilljelkner, ah yes, he sent me an email this morning, and i already replied17:04
jelknereven though it isn't big, being on the VDOE approved list is important and we want to stay there17:04
jelknerexcellent17:05
replaceafilljelkner, he seems to be done with the task and needs me to double check it17:05
replaceafilljelkner, i'll do that this afternoon17:05
jelknergreat17:05
jelkneri also want to check with mattva01 about his docker setup17:05
replaceafilljelkner, +117:05
jelknerso with any luck, we can reach out to glenda on friday17:05
replaceafilljelkner, ah ok17:07
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev17:32
replaceafillACTION goes to get lunch, bb in ~1h19:22
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev19:28
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev22:48
zOnnyhey replaceafill 23:04
replaceafillhello zOnny23:04
zOnnyreplaceafill: Busy ?23:05
replaceafillzOnny, as usual, need anything?23:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes 23:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: I was testing webfaction email service yesterday23:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: Fipol's customer have requested me about  user@fipol.net 23:07
replaceafillzOnny, ouch23:07
replaceafillzOnny, did you talk to jelkner about it?23:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes, He as usual told me "ask replaceafill"23:08
replaceafillzOnny, i mean, did you agree on doing that in the current contract/deal/scope?23:08
replaceafillzOnny, ah23:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: no23:08
replaceafillzOnny, ok, if it was up to me, i'd say "Don't do it"23:08
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will charge for doing it23:09
replaceafillzOnny, even then23:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: ?23:09
replaceafillzOnny, if you plan on doing it like the way we do @novawebdevelopment.org23:09
replaceafillzOnny, you still need to get a webfaction23:09
zOnnyreplaceafill: right23:09
replaceafillzOnny, so that'll suck some of your income23:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: another server ?23:10
replaceafillzOnny, you'll need to maintain that23:10
replaceafillzOnny, and you need to help the customer set up the redirect23:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: mjsir911 was warning me about it23:10
replaceafillzOnny, forward or whatever that is23:10
replaceafillzOnny, yep23:10
replaceafillzOnny, and *after* all of that23:10
replaceafillzOnny, you'll start getting flagged23:10
replaceafillzOnny, because the domain is brand new23:10
replaceafillzOnny, and has no reputation23:11
replaceafillzOnny, so you'll need to deal with picky providers like yahoo and hotmail/outlook23:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: Ouch23:11
replaceafillzOnny, it's not that difficult23:11
replaceafillzOnny, but it's really time consuming23:11
replaceafillzOnny, you know we stopped advertising that for potential customers, right?23:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have documented the process 23:12
replaceafillzOnny, mailing lists in libre organize23:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: but not sure if I can handle it23:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: I just can say "NO" 23:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: mailing list in libre Organize ?23:13
replaceafillzOnny, another thing to take into account is how much your customer will depend on that address23:13
replaceafillzOnny, yeah23:13
replaceafillzOnny, remember members@novalaciro.org23:13
replaceafillzOnny, i think you're a member there23:14
replaceafillzOnny, that's a mailing list23:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah23:14
replaceafillzOnny, like our google group23:14
replaceafillzOnny, that *was* part of our libre organize plans23:14
replaceafillzOnny, but i gave up23:14
replaceafillzOnny, and recommended not to deal with that (yet)23:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok23:14
replaceafillzOnny, Marco kind of agreed23:15
replaceafillzOnny, again, if you want to explore the option, go ahead23:15
replaceafillzOnny, but you've been warned :)23:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: shoot23:15
replaceafillzOnny, afaik namecheap could be an option for you23:16
replaceafillzOnny, i mean, they have that service23:16
replaceafillzOnny, email23:16
zOnnyreplaceafill: really ?23:16
replaceafillzOnny, you should at least explore it23:17
replaceafillzOnny, i haven't23:17
replaceafillzOnny, yes23:17
replaceafillzOnny, not sure how expensive it is though23:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: I used namecheap to fowarded 23:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will look on that 23:18
replaceafillzOnny, cool23:18
replaceafillzOnny, you're smart, you'll figure it out23:18
replaceafillzOnny, and you need to be confident on what you think you're able to handle23:19
replaceafillzOnny, even if that contradicts other's opinions23:19
replaceafillzOnny, like mine23:19
replaceafillzOnny, ok, back to docker testing for me :)23:19
replaceafillzOnny, anything else?23:19
zOnnyreplaceafill: lol all I have is what you have taught me man23:19
replaceafillzOnny, we should talk python/django some time this wee23:20
replaceafillk23:20
zOnnyreplaceafill: that would be cool23:20
replaceafillzOnny, jelkner and i have been discussing having a simpler theme for libre organize23:20
replaceafillzOnny, maybe it's time to separate from tendenci2018 and design our own23:21
replaceafillzOnny, he complains that we need to tell users "these options we don't support"23:21
replaceafillzOnny, and so on23:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: right 23:21
replaceafillzOnny, so those options should even not be there23:21
replaceafillzOnny, and i'm not sure if "hiding" is the best option23:22
replaceafillzOnny, it could work23:22
zOnnyreplaceafill: but most our user are not even familiar with the dashboard23:22
zOnny*users23:22
replaceafillzOnny, right23:22
replaceafillzOnny, but it's not only the dashboard really23:23
replaceafillzOnny, look at the megamenu23:23
replaceafillzOnny, same problem23:23
replaceafillzOnny, lots of things23:23
replaceafillzOnny, and wer're really supporting a small piece of tendenci23:23
zOnnyreplaceafill:but all these options are working, yes ?23:24
replaceafillzOnny, yes, but we're not training anyone on them, right23:24
replaceafillzOnny, you don't teach new users to learn "Locations" for example23:24
replaceafillzOnny, or Redirects23:25
zOnnyreplaceafill: if they a willing to pay23:25
zOnny*are23:25
replaceafillzOnny, yeah, but you need to think from a "libre organize" point of view23:25
replaceafillzOnny, those are not parts of it anyway23:25
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah23:25
replaceafillzOnny, libre organize is a very small set of features23:25
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see you point so far23:25
replaceafillzOnny, membership forms/applications23:26
replaceafillzOnny, attendance sign up23:26
replaceafillzOnny, etc23:26
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok23:26
zOnnyreplaceafill: I need to test libre organize in the prod to master it.23:27
replaceafillzOnny, frank my friend, frank23:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: I can not talk customers about it if I don't have deployed one already23:27
replaceafillzOnny, you already have it23:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: frank 23:27
replaceafillzOnny, you just don't realize23:27
replaceafillzOnny, but i see your point too23:28
replaceafillzOnny, we need to finish that damn integration23:28
replaceafillzOnny, ansible i mean23:28
zOnnyreplaceafill: right 23:28
replaceafillzOnny, maybe we could pair progam on that23:28
replaceafillzOnny, i'd like to try that with you23:28
zOnnyreplaceafill: cooooool!!23:29
replaceafillzOnny, you stay on thursdays, right?23:29
replaceafillzOnny, before your dev meeting23:29
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes 23:29
mr_germanreplaceafill, one question23:29
replaceafillzOnny, we could try doing it then23:29
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool23:30
mr_germanfor this issue: https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/27 the RP should be on master themes or tendenci7 branch?23:30
replaceafillmr_german, RP?23:30
replaceafillmr_german, that can land everywhere23:31
replaceafillzOnny, as long as you find the right templates23:31
replaceafilloops23:31
replaceafillmr_german, ^23:31
replaceafillmr_german, but i think we agreed on doing it on 7 only23:31
replaceafillsee mr_german? this is a problem23:31
mr_germanthis one https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/tree/tendenci723:32
mr_german?23:32
replaceafillmr_german, when you disappear from a task for a long time23:32
replaceafillmr_german, and come back with questions23:32
replaceafillmr_german, i really forget what we discussed last time about it23:32
replaceafillmr_german, we agreed on doing something with this23:32
replaceafillmr_german, and you don't record that23:32
replaceafillmr_german, iirc and i'm not sure i do, we said fixing it on 723:33
mr_germanhttps://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/tree/tendenci723:33
mr_german?23:33
mr_germanbecause im creating my PR now23:33
replaceafillmr_german, that's indeed 723:33
replaceafillmr_german, and i remember mentioning  their base theme too23:33
replaceafillmr_german, because i think this is also an issue there23:34
mr_germanyes23:34
mr_germanbut that issue is in master23:34
replaceafillmr_german, see? you should write all this on issues23:34
replaceafillmr_german, so we don't need to have this repeated conversations23:34
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/tree/master/tendenci/themes/t7-tendenci201823:34
replaceafillmr_german, that's tendenci1123:35
replaceafillmr_german, that's master23:35
mr_germanoh k23:35
mr_germanbut, what do you mean to mentioning23:35
mr_germantheir base theme23:35
mr_german?23:35
replaceafillmr_german, https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci-base-theme23:35
replaceafillmr_german, the issue is also there, right?23:36
mr_germanreplaceafill, so.. i've fixed it on tendenci7 but, i have to mention them about this issue on those themes and that should be all right?23:37
replaceafillmr_german, fix it there too!23:38
replaceafillmr_german, don't just tell them23:38
replaceafillmr_german, you can create pull requests on multiple repositories23:38
mr_germanmaster, tendenci7 and tendenci-base-theme?23:39
replaceafillmr_german, wherever you see the problem23:39
mr_germanreplaceafill, k23:39
replaceafillmr_german, do you see it in master? fix it, do you see in in 7? fix it, do you see it in...23:39
mr_germank23:40
replaceafillACTION signs off for the day23:52

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!