IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2020-04-26

*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev09:50
jelkner!remind09:51
jelkner!remind Asking Natalia to provide training to AEA President and Compensation Committee Chair to manager there Desks09:52
"Asking Natalia to provide training to AEA President and Compensation Committee Chair to manager there Desks" added to message queue09:52
jelkner!Accessing PAC data from old AEA site09:53
jelkner!remind09:53
jelkner!remind This week, NOVALACIRO09:53
"This week, NOVALACIRO" added to message queue09:53
jelkner!remind09:59
jelkner!remind Can we start invoicing today?09:59
"Can we start invoicing today?" added to message queue09:59
*** amina has joined #novawebdev14:51
*** pyuan has joined #novawebdev15:31
*** abuchholz has joined #novawebdev15:31
*** amina has joined #novawebdev15:31
*** Doisaac has joined #novawebdev15:34
abuchholz!remind15:35
*** cmoran has joined #novawebdev15:36
*** lbolz has joined #novawebdev15:47
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev15:54
*** pyuan has joined #novawebdev15:58
*** SITarabuta has joined #novawebdev15:58
*** SpencerL has joined #novawebdev15:59
SpencerL : SITarabuta : pyuan : @ubuntourist : lbolz : cmoran : Doisaac : amina : abuchholz : +jelkner : wolcen : @ubuntourist[m] : @ChanServ : @mjsir91116:00
This week, NOVALACIRO (jelkner)16:00
Can we start invoicing today? (jelkner)16:00
abuchholzjelkner whos driving nrcerna does not appear to be on.16:01
jelkneryou want to, abuchholz?16:01
jelkneri just tried to call her16:01
abuchholzsure i guess. Might make a couple of mistakes but Ill try my best16:01
jelknerno answer16:01
abuchholzAlright. Good morning everyone.16:01
jelknerGood morning!16:01
lbolzgood morning!16:01
*** GFbot has joined #novawebdev16:01
SITarabutamorning16:01
ubuntouristGood afternoon. ;-)16:01
pyuanhello16:02
abuchholzFirst issue: Address https://gitlab.com/libreorganize/libreorganize/-/issues/7416:02
abuchholzaLRIGHT16:02
*** PAldea has joined #novawebdev16:02
GFbothello16:02
abuchholzSo. Stefan and I have noticed that we have to complete tasks for people even though they are not assigned to us16:02
abuchholzBy this I mean. I would like you to read through what I have posted in that issue. 16:03
abuchholzStefan and I do not have the time to fix the little things. 16:03
SITarabutaHonestly though, the website has been like this for a month...16:03
ubuntouristACTION is switching windows to skim...16:03
jelknerGreat issue, abuchholz!16:03
abuchholzAll I ask is that you look to see what you have been assigned too every day and put an effort to complete it16:03
jelknerWe will live or die this summer based on how well we handle it16:04
jelknerwe need to grow the team16:04
jelknerand i was pitching that to the PRIMEs this morning16:04
jelknerwith zOnny sick16:04
jelknerand nrcerna MIA16:04
jelknerwe end up short16:04
abuchholzWe all have other things going on. Stefan and I cannot be the only ones fixing the issues on the LibreOrganize. We are a team, so lets start acting like one.16:04
abuchholzACTION is done.16:04
jelknerwe can't run a business unless we can handle customer requests16:05
jelknerall i have for the moment is platitudes16:05
abuchholzjelkner we can talk after the meeting on discord or something more stable than jitsi16:05
jelknerits all about communication and cooperation16:05
jelkner+116:05
jelknerback to discord for the time being16:05
abuchholzNext Issue: Font size or family for AEA seems a bit off (ubuntourist)16:05
ubuntouristThis was mostly for our graphic designer, nrcerna16:06
jelknerwho is not here16:06
jelknerlet's take that later16:06
SITarabutayeah well I just followed want zOnny and nrcerna did16:06
abuchholz+116:07
SITarabutaI don't want to mess with their design16:07
ubuntouristI was comparing the AEA site to the statewide site and found the statewide site easier to read.16:07
SITarabutaThey worked for that, maybe they have a reason16:07
ubuntouristjelkner, abuchholz is driving.16:07
abuchholzlets move on for now. We see that there is an issue we can look into it16:07
abuchholzNext Issue: Asking Natalia to provide training to AEA President and Compensation Committee Chair to manager there Desks (jelkner)16:08
SITarabutaWell I think we can skip that ;-)16:08
abuchholzjelkner would you like to say anything even though she isn't here?16:08
jelknerlater16:09
abuchholzNext Issue: This week, NOVALACIRO (jelkner)16:09
jelknersimply, engaging members is #1 priority for NOVALACIRO16:09
jelknerso we should focus on that this week16:09
jelknerlooks like we have a lot of folks sick16:10
jelknerso your team is smaller than usual16:10
jelknerabuchholz, thank you for stepping in to fill the void16:10
jelknerlet's do what we can16:10
jelknerACTION done16:10
abuchholzStefan and I will get to work on that ASAP. Its a backend task. 16:10
SITarabutamostly16:10
abuchholz+116:10
abuchholzFinal issue: Can we start invoicing today? (jelkner)16:10
jelknerGFbot, that for you16:11
GFboti know that i have to focus on Tracker but, i think i can help with something if you need it16:11
GFbotoh16:11
jelknerLet's talk about the tracker16:11
GFbotyea, we can start using tracker just for invoices at the moment16:12
jelknerGFbot, you setup the dns?16:12
GFbotyeah16:12
jelknerGFbot, i want to use it today16:12
SITarabutai think it already is16:12
jelknercool16:12
SITarabutait has been for 2 weeks16:13
ubuntouristURL?16:13
abuchholzhttps://tracker.novawebdevelopment.org/16:13
jelknerGFbot, let's meet after16:13
ubuntouristThanks.16:13
GFbotbut, i need to setup up the database for that16:13
SITarabutawe mutually agreed on this name jelkner16:13
abuchholzso before I drop the bag of gravel. 16:13
GFbotsince we are using .db file16:13
jelknerGFbot, you said you'd have that today16:13
jelknerthat's why i'm asking16:13
jelknerokie dokie16:13
jelknerGood job, abuchholz!16:13
jelknerthank you16:13
jelknerPRIMEs, we have real work to do16:14
abuchholzGFbot could you please look into this: https://gitlab.com/libreorganize/libreorganize/-/issues/74 It shouldn't be more than 20 minutes of your time.16:14
jelknerthink about when you can start taking small steps into helping the dev team16:14
abuchholzACTION drops the bag of sand.16:14
abuchholz;)16:14
ubuntouristjelkner, meet.novawebdevelopment.org troubles again? This time, not me... (or, rather, not intentionally).16:14
GFbotabuchholz jojo16:15
GFboteasy to fix16:15
jelknerubuntourist, video conferencing seems badly broken16:15
jelknernot usable in fact16:15
jelknerjust keeps crashing16:15
jelknerall morning16:15
jelknerwe couldn't us it16:15
abuchholzDid you up the memory in the config to 3GB ubuntourist?16:15
ubuntouristjelkner, Damn. I'm on planning now.16:15
jelkneri'll join you so we can talk16:15
ubuntouristabuchholz, moved it to a 4GB server.16:15
abuchholzI know the actual machine has 4GB.16:15
abuchholzbut in the config did you specify 3GB?16:16
jelknernope it crashe16:16
jelknerd16:16
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev16:16
abuchholzI found this. idk if it helps16:16
abuchholzhttps://community.jitsi.org/t/solved-looks-like-a-memory-leak/35876/516:16
SITarabutado you all realize that this worked with 1GB16:16
SITarabutait definitely didn't run out of RAM on 4GB16:16
nrcernaHello every one I want to apologize with everyone, I'm not feeling well since yesterday 16:16
nrcernaabuchholz thanks for charing16:17
ubuntouristabuchholz, I have not changed that part of the config. I will look at the logs now, since it just crashed when jelkner tried.16:17
SITarabutait is 3GB by default ubuntourist, isn't it16:18
abuchholzOk. thanks. I have a feeling that many people have had the same issue. Many say it worked for a while on 1GB or 2GB but then started crashing. Seems like a similar problem that we are having 16:18
ubuntouristSITarabuta, yes.16:18
ubuntouristThe change I did make: I attempted to turn on statistics, but the documentation on that is horrid.16:19
ubuntouristSo first, I'll look at the bug report abuchholz posted, and then I'll try to undo any statistical stuff.16:20
jelknerubuntourist, i'm on discord16:22
jelknercan you join me?16:22
jelknerubuntourist, never mind16:22
jelkneryou're busy16:22
ubuntouristjelkner, unless you have a solution, I'd rather not.16:22
abuchholzjelkner stefan and I are on discord16:26
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev16:46
ubuntouristjelkner, SITarabuta, abuchholz, Possibly a result of DDOS... Or simply lots and lots of ssh attempts.16:47
ubuntouristjelkner, SITarabuta abuchholz, in any case, I've shut down statistics, closed the ports that had to be opened for statistics and restarted the service.16:48
ubuntouristjelkner, SITarabuta, abuchholz, and am in planning (again? still?) 16:49
GFbotjelkner just send credentials to business tracker on discord17:02
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev17:32
ubuntouristjelkner, Once more unto the breach, dear friend... I think I closed too many ports and have reopened one.17:33
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev18:16
*** Doisaac has joined #novawebdev18:16
jelknercool, Doisaac18:16
jelknerubuntourist has time to take your Django question18:16
jelknernow18:16
Doisaacok18:16
jelknercan you meet us on https://meet.novawebdevelopment.org/planning18:16
jelknerstay here too, Doisaac 18:17
jelknerin case video / audio doesn't work18:17
jelknerbut try to join us18:17
Doisaacgreat18:17
jelkneruse chromium or chrome18:17
*** Doisaac has joined #novawebdev19:24
Doisaachi19:25
*** nrcerna has joined #novawebdev20:48
nrcernaHi jelkner 20:48
nrcernaGFbot, are you ready for our meeting?20:49
jelknerGood evening, GFbot 23:07
jelknerI'll be back on before you wake up tomorrow ;-)23:07
jelknernrcerna, are you here?23:07
nrcernayes jelkner 23:08
jelknerand feeling better?23:08
jelknermessage me when you wake up tomorrow23:08
nrcernawe just talked with Edzona bout the issues23:08
jelknerlet's work on invoices!23:08
jelkneris he feeling better?23:08
nrcernabut German needs to talk you tomorrow about that23:08
jelknerabout what?23:08
jelkneredzon feeling better?23:09
nrcernammm Im not sure jelkner , he barely could talk23:09
jelknerhe needs to rest23:09
jelknertell him to take some time off to get better!23:09
jelknerok, let's talk tomorrow morning23:09
nrcernaGerman needs to talk about the issues but I dont know how to explain you, so we should wait sor him 23:09
nrcerna+123:09
jelknergood night23:09
nrcernaGood Night jelkner 23:10
jelknerACTION logs off for the night23:10

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!