IRC log of #novawebdev for Sunday, 2020-08-23

*** inana_16 has joined #novawebdev04:12
inana_16!remind04:12
FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)04:12
Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm (jelkner)04:12
inana_16!remind invoice Micky regarding Business tracker04:13
'invoice Micky regarding Business tracker' added to message queue04:13
inana_16!remind Plans for this week04:14
'Plans for this week' added to message queue04:14
*** SITarabuta has joined #novawebdev04:33
SITarabuta!remind04:33
FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)04:33
Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm (jelkner)04:33
invoice Micky regarding Business tracker (inana_16)04:33
Plans for this week (inana_16)04:33
inana_16!remind Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman05:16
'Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman' added to message queue05:16
*** inana_16 has joined #novawebdev06:05
*** ubuntourist has joined #novawebdev11:40
*** inana_16 has joined #novawebdev14:00
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev14:46
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev15:03
jelkner!remind15:08
FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)15:08
Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm (jelkner)15:08
invoice Micky regarding Business tracker (inana_16)15:08
Plans for this week (inana_16)15:08
Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman (inana_16)15:08
jelknerGM, inana_16 15:08
jelkneri'm here at the CISPES office with lelkneralfaro and zOnny15:08
jelknerzOnny is installing Ubuntu Studio15:09
inana_16!remind15:26
FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)15:26
Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm (jelkner)15:26
invoice Micky regarding Business tracker (inana_16)15:26
Plans for this week (inana_16)15:26
Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman (inana_16)15:26
*** GFbot has joined #novawebdev15:29
*** cmoran has joined #novawebdev15:31
*** amina has joined #novawebdev15:37
*** abuchholz has joined #novawebdev15:51
*** SITarabuta has joined #novawebdev15:51
*** PAldea has joined #novawebdev15:52
SITarabuta!remind15:57
FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)15:57
Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm (jelkner)15:57
invoice Micky regarding Business tracker (inana_16)15:57
Plans for this week (inana_16)15:57
Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman (inana_16)15:57
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev15:58
zOnny : PAldea : SITarabuta : abuchholz : amina : cmoran : GFbot : +jelkner : lelkneralfaro : inana_16 : @ubuntourist : wolcen : @mjsir911 : @ChanServ16:00
Good afternoon everyone!16:00
It's 16:00 UTC and NOVA Web Development's bi-weekly meeting is starting.16:00
This is the agenda for today:16:00
FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)16:00
Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm (jelkner)16:00
invoice Micky regarding Business tracker (inana_16)16:00
Plans for this week (inana_16)16:00
Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman (inana_16)16:00
Have a nice day!16:00
SITarabutaGoooood morning!16:00
abuchholzgood afternoon!16:00
SITarabuta*afternoon* dangit16:00
jelknergood'day, mates16:00
abuchholz;)16:00
GFbothello there16:01
ubuntouristGreenthings and hallucinations.16:01
jelknerGFbot, i am *so happy* to see you! ;-)16:01
GFbotjelkner good to see you too!16:01
inana_16Good morning!16:02
inana_16Hello everyone, let's start16:02
inana_16first item: FreeIPA is now available - what does that mean? (SITarabuta)16:03
SITarabutaFreeIPA is whole stack including LDAP and Kerberos16:03
jelknerhttps://www.freeipa.org/page/Main_Page16:03
SITarabutaIt's basically Identity Management and we will use it for SSO mostly16:03
SITarabutaI already integrated it with a testing Jitsi server16:03
SITarabutaand with a Debian machine16:04
SITarabutahowever, this means you will have new credentials16:04
jelknernote to inana_16, we need to put this kind of stuff on our webiste16:04
jelknerwebsite16:04
SITarabutait also allows role-based permissions (sudo access or not, jitsi conference creation?)16:04
jelknerthat we can do things like this16:04
SITarabutaetcetera. so: what does this mean16:04
SITarabutayou gotta have a new set of credentials ;-)16:04
SITarabutareplacing many others though.16:05
SITarabutaIf you could set up a meeting tomorrow to get everyone set up16:05
SITarabutaThat would be awesome16:05
inana_16Yes, we we're discussing that with zOnny, regarding the things I need to understand about the new services we're going to offer16:05
inana_16still on my list, working on that tomorrow16:05
inana_16jelkner16:05
jelknerSITarabuta, i'll meet with zOnny separately16:05
jelknerto get his help16:05
jelkneri start work at APS tomorrow16:06
jelknerdon't count on me for anything16:06
inana_16+116:06
SITarabutaOh, right16:06
SITarabutadamnit today was perfect16:06
SITarabutabut well.. I can't16:06
jelknerdon't let that stop y'all, SITarabuta 16:06
jelkneryou all need to move on without me16:06
inana_16+116:06
SITarabutathis sounds like a very sad ending to a movie16:06
SITarabutaand I don't like it16:06
jelknerLoL16:06
inana_16+100016:06
SITarabuta;-)16:06
inana_16ACTION Sad16:07
jelknerNext Summer will do it all again16:07
jelknerwe'll16:07
inana_16yes16:07
SITarabutaThat's what I tell my mom when she is sad that I am leaving ;-)16:07
SITarabutaanyway16:07
SITarabutaACTION done16:07
inana_16OK, next item: Talk with Kevin about RedCAP meeting tomorrow with Susan 4:30 pm16:07
ubuntouristSITarabuta, What's to set up? Isn't it just a matter of either go to site & register, or get credentials sent to us?16:08
SITarabutaubuntourist, bingo. but the password is temporary. everyone has to log in once to a SERVER to get prompted to change their password16:08
SITarabutaand then it's done16:08
SITarabutaI will send email instructions as well16:08
ubuntouristSITarabuta, That' was kind of my point: Doesn't seem to need a "meeting".16:09
SITarabutasure. I just don't want anyone to be stuck and unable to use Jitsi / others16:09
ubuntouristACTION is done (I think)16:09
SITarabutaso, RedCAP?16:09
jelknerubuntourist, can you and i talk on planning after this meeting?16:10
ubuntouristSo, REDCap. jelkner sure.16:10
jelkneryou're email was great, but i have some questions i would like to ask you before we meet with susan tomorrow16:10
jelknerACTION done16:10
jelkneryour email16:10
inana_16I want to move the order on this two last items, so first the "last one"16:11
inana_16so, this: Check in with Louie regarding Elizabeth Guzman16:11
inana_16lelkneralfaro16:11
lelkneralfaroinana_16, hello, I'll prepare and email for her aid today16:12
lelkneralfaroinana_16, and send it out16:12
inana_16That would be great, lelkneralfaro16:12
lelkneralfaroinana_16, +116:12
inana_16CC me please, thank you16:12
lelkneralfaroinana_16, +116:12
inana_16So, last item: Plans for this week16:13
inana_16SCRUM TIME!16:13
jelknerfinish operating agreement signing, work with ubuntourist on RedCAP plans, start school16:13
lelkneralfarolelkneralfaro, continue working on django and see if I'm ready to work on some of our novaweb project issues16:13
SITarabutaGet better! Work on DoctestQuiz, keep an eye on FreeIPA, and more that unfortunately don't come to my mind16:14
jelknerthat's enough, SITarabuta, since the first one it top priority!16:14
jelkners/it/is16:14
inana_16Going to work on some changes on NOVALACIRO Website, Still checking contrast issues on CIDU'S with zOnny, Update NWD content16:14
SITarabuta;-)16:14
abuchholzLibreOrganize... Maybe SoundAdvice. Though I'm not sure what else SoundAdvice needs... But gonna try to take it easy these next two weeks cause I need to work on essays for college and my summer assignments. I should also mention I will be gone from the 31 to the 416:15
jelknerthanks, abuchholz 16:15
inana_16thanks abuchholz 16:15
SITarabutathanks abuchholz 16:15
jelknerremind us again next sunday, abuchholz 16:15
jelknerplease16:15
abuchholzalright 16:16
inana_16+116:16
zOnnyACTION CIDU's deployment and front end dev updates16:16
inana_16Anyone else?16:16
inana_16Alright,16:17
inana_16ACTION Drops the bag of gravel16:17
abuchholzyay16:17
jelknerthanks, inana_16!16:17
inana_16That was really quick16:17
abuchholzI assume stefan has to go :(16:17
lelkneralfarothank you!16:17
jelknerwell done!16:17
inana_16Thanks everyone16:17
inana_16have a great week16:18
jelknerbtw, inana_16, while i can't tell you exactly when, we'll still meet this week16:18
SITarabutaabuchholz, almost16:18
inana_16zOnny, can we work now on the CIDU's please?16:18
jelknerACTION can't get through the week without talking with inana_16 16:18
inana_16Yeah, I'll be waiting for your call16:19
inana_16jelkner16:19
inana_16jelkner, Need to leave, I'll be working with zOnny on CIDU issues16:20
jelkner+116:21
jelknertalk soon, inana_16 16:21
inana_16+116:21
jelknerinana_16, you saw my email about the new video link16:21
jelkneri've talked to zOnny about it16:22
inana_16yes, I'll tell GFbot to help me with that16:22
jelknercool16:22
jelknerlater, inana_16 16:22
inana_16if not zOnny 16:22
inana_16oj16:22
inana_16ok16:22
GFboto/16:22
inana_16so GFbot , need 2 boxes on top, one for the content , one for the image16:22
GFbotwhat16:22
GFbotwhere16:22
GFbot?16:23
inana_16on Claudia jones16:23
inana_16here GFbot https://claudiajonesschool.org/education/16:23
inana_16PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND DONT LOSE THE CONTET IN THE BOXES THAT IS ALREADY THERE, GOT IT? GFbot 16:23
GFbot:p16:24
inana_16I Dont have time to fix it again GFbot 16:24
inana_16let me know when is done so I can add the content, please, GFbot 16:24
GFbotok16:25
inana_16zOnny?16:28
inana_16GFbot, are you done with the boxes?16:46
inana_16I need to add the contengt16:47
GFbotIm on it16:58
GFbotinana_16 i was taking breakfast16:58
GFbotdone17:26
GFbotall yours17:26
GFbot:P17:26
inana_16I just heard you're saying jelkner 17:48
inana_16https://gitlab.com/libreorganize/libreorganize/-/issues/19417:48
inana_16I was about to talk you and zOnny about that we need to discuss that17:49
inana_16done jelkner https://claudiajonesschool.org/education/18:22
jelknerping, inana_16 18:32
jelknerthanks!18:33
jelknerbut one small correction18:33
inana_16tell me18:33
inana_16Oh, the name, right?18:34
inana_16jelkner, 18:34
jelkneri'm wondering if we can get both presenters in the screenshot18:34
jelkneror even use what shows up on the youtube link18:35
inana_16Okay18:35
inana_16I'll do that18:35
jelknerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5T0wyWzXMs18:35
jelkneris it possible to cut off the register here part at the bottom?18:35
jelknersince you can't register anymore ;-)18:35
inana_16done jelkner 18:41
inana_16I think that I can design that kind of things for then, the covers and the social media post or fliers that they're going to have, so we can be consistant on the webinars images18:42
inana_16ACTION just saying...18:42
jelknerLooks beautiful, inana_16 18:46
jelknerjust saying ;-)18:46
inana_16:D18:46
inana_16glad you like it18:46
inana_16jelkner18:46
jelknerkeep in mind i don't really matter, inana_16 18:46
jelknerit is whether the community likes it that matters18:46
inana_16Yes I know18:47
jelknersince the goal of LibreOrganize is to *ORGANIZE*!18:47
inana_16I want give them real value 18:47
inana_16you know that right?18:47
jelknerzOnny, lelkneralfaro and i are talking about that now18:47
inana_16jelkner18:47
inana_16About?18:47
jelknerhow we need measure our success using real users and how they use it18:47
inana_16That's great, 18:48
jelknerlelkneralfaro was asking "Who is using LibreOrganize"?18:48
jelknerthat started a big conversation18:48
inana_16see what I want to be there to join them and work side by side :( jelkner 18:48
jelknerthat's the benefit of getting together like this in person, inana_16 18:48
inana_16I know18:48
inana_16:(18:49
jelkneras you know from the great conversations we had last summer18:49
jelknerand will again next summmer ;-)18:49
inana_16I want to be there at least 1 month to have the experience of that jelkner 18:49
jelkneryou will, inana_16 18:49
inana_16with them18:49
jelknersoon18:49
inana_16no just with you18:49
jelknerof course18:49
jelkneryou're tired of me, i understand ;-)18:49
inana_16naaah is not that18:49
jelknerjust kidding18:50
inana_16you know I love to talk you18:50
jelknerwe need to have a sprint where we all come together18:50
jelknerfor two weeks18:50
inana_16is just that I know that being there i will understand a lot of things, even I mentioned zOnny that I want to meet Celina Benitez, Alysha and some partners we've been working on18:50
inana_16Yeah18:50
inana_16we need that18:51
inana_16jelkner18:51
jelkner+118:51
jelkneri told you that zOnny met Celina in person at Louie's b'day party18:51
inana_16Soon Hopefully jelkner 18:52
inana_16ACTION crossing fingers18:52
jelknerit will happen, inana_16 18:52
inana_16+100018:52
jelkneroh, inana_16, one more18:56
jelknerCharisse Burden-Stelly and Christopher Rogers18:56
jelknerneed to go below "Against White Supremacy"18:56
jelknerinana_16, hold on one second18:57
jelkneri'm thinking of the best way to do this18:57
jelkneri tend to be more formal18:58
jelknerso it would be Dr. Charisse Burden-Stelly18:58
jelknerand Dr. Gerald Horne, too18:58
jelknerwe should ask Katie18:58
jelknersince then we need Dr. Richard Wolff, Dr. Jessica Gordon Nembhard, Dr. Camilia Pinero Harnecker, etc.18:59
jelkneron the left folks tend to be less formal about titles18:59
jelknersomos compas todos ;-)18:59
jelknerbut i will check18:59
inana_16Oki19:00
inana_16done jelkner 19:01
jelknerinana_16, zOnny and i are heading home19:34
jelkneri'll email katie and dante19:34
jelknerand ask them about the titles19:34
jelknerlater19:34
jelknerACTION signs off19:34

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!