IRC log of #novawebdev for Thursday, 2018-09-27

*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev09:35
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev10:36
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev10:53
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev12:05
*** replaceafill has joined #novawebdev12:10
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev12:11
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev12:58
zOnnyhey mr_german 12:59
mr_germanhey zOnny 12:59
zOnnymr_german: can I asked you a question?13:00
zOnnymr_german: it is about frank13:00
mr_germanzOnny, sure go ahead13:00
zOnnymr_german: how  the elections can be enable in prod ?13:02
zOnnymr_german: to enable an election, Do we need to run frank instance ?13:04
zOnnymr_german: when we are creating our linode server?13:05
replaceafillzOnny, frank is a script to create development instances13:05
replaceafillzOnny, ansible-roles is the repository with the ansible roles to create *****CMS***** instances13:05
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah 13:05
replaceafillzOnny, ansible-roles doesn't have a way to set up elections yet13:05
replaceafillzOnny, do you need elections somewhere in production?13:06
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am trying to start a new proyect for my school 13:07
zOnnyreplaceafill: they will sponsor us if they will get use of our work13:08
replaceafillzOnny, and do you need elections for that?13:10
replaceafillzOnny, if you're interested maybe we should talk about it when you have a chance13:10
zOnnyreplaceafill: They will be good for testing it because they have a lot of surveys13:11
mr_germanzOnny, that sounds good13:11
zOnnyreplaceafill: mr_german they always are using survey in hard copy13:11
replaceafillzOnny, the helios role is already there (in ansible-roles) and that's what i've used to set up our instances13:11
zOnny*are always13:11
replaceafillzOnny, but it's undocumented at this point13:12
replaceafillzOnny, and should be considered broken13:12
replaceafillzOnny, but it's not that far away if you need it13:12
zOnnyreplaceafill: cool13:12
replaceafillzOnny, maybe a couple hours of work13:12
replaceafillzOnny, see if your idea gets accepted13:12
replaceafillzOnny, you can demo through a frank instance13:13
replaceafillzOnny, because those do have helios set up13:13
replaceafillzOnny, and integrated13:13
replaceafillzOnny, if your school decides they want it in production then we take the next step13:13
replaceafillzOnny, sounds like a plan?13:13
zOnnyreplaceafill: yep13:13
replaceafillzOnny, cool13:13
replaceafillzOnny, keep us posted13:14
zOnnyreplaceafill: what you mean by should be considered broken ?13:15
replaceafillzOnny, untested = broken13:15
zOnnyreplaceafill: ah13:16
replaceafillzOnny, i made the CMS set up easy for you and mr_german13:16
replaceafillzOnny, it's possible to use a lot of configuration options13:16
replaceafillzOnny, but i created a playbook with just the basics13:16
replaceafillzOnny, to get a tendenci going13:16
mr_germanreplaceafill, at this point what we have for just an CMS, it works!13:16
replaceafillzOnny, helios is a bit more complicated13:16
replaceafillzOnny, and iirc it got outdated after the Guanaco sprint13:17
replaceafillzOnny, that's why i say it needs work13:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: I see13:17
replaceafillzOnny, i don't send you to fix it because you need to know ansible13:17
zOnnyreplaceafill: right13:17
replaceafillzOnny, but again, if you want to "show off"13:18
replaceafillzOnny, to get your project accepted13:18
replaceafillzOnny, you can use frank13:18
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am trying to understand what you mean13:20
replaceafillzOnny, we can hang out when you have a chance so i can explain better13:21
replaceafillzOnny, as you know, we usually have trouble in IRC :)13:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: yeah13:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: 3:10 ? 13:21
replaceafillzOnny, you stay late today, right?13:21
replaceafillzOnny, i can't make 3:10 today13:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes13:21
replaceafillzOnny, 4:30 pm?13:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: once you get chance13:21
zOnnyreplaceafill: I understand that you have other things going on13:22
replaceafillzOnny, yeah, but i can take 30 mins to explain this if you have questions13:22
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am trying to figure out my questions with mr_german 13:22
replaceafillzOnny, but voice is way faster than text13:22
replaceafillzOnny, cool, ttyl then13:23
zOnnyreplaceafill: correct13:23
zOnnyreplaceafill: ttyl13:23
zOnnymr_german: we need to know how to set up libre Organize if we are going to offer elections13:24
zOnnymr_german: I mean in the prod 13:25
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german i'm not sure about your current workload13:26
replaceafilli know mr_german is taking a looooot of time in his tasks now13:26
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german but maybe it's worth for you to go through the ansible tutorial13:26
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german and learn it13:26
zOnnyreplaceafill: good point13:26
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german to understand our set up13:26
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german and be able to modify/fix it13:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: do you have a link for it ?13:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: to get both in the same page 13:27
replaceafillzOnny, mr_german https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.5/user_guide/intro_getting_started.html13:27
zOnnyreplaceafill: thanks13:28
zOnnyreplaceafill: I have deployed already the FIPOL design I am waiting for feedback 13:29
replaceafillzOnny, good, i saw your activity13:30
zOnnyreplaceafill:they didn't provide enought information as well13:30
replaceafillzOnny, get used to it, that's how clients usually approach web projects13:30
zOnnyreplaceafill: I need to discuss forms with them13:30
replaceafillzOnny, unless they have someone in charge13:30
zOnnyreplaceafill: right13:30
replaceafillzOnny, dedicated to the project13:30
zOnnyreplaceafill: I need to buy a linode server13:35
replaceafillzOnny, for your school project?13:35
zOnnyreplaceafill: yeah13:35
replaceafillzOnny, ask jelkner about the gctaa linode account13:35
zOnnyreplaceafill: which you recommend13:35
replaceafillzOnny, i *think* school pays for that13:36
replaceafillzOnny, maybe you can use it13:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: we talked about it yesterday13:36
replaceafillzOnny, ah ok13:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: how many GB is good for a beginner ?13:37
replaceafillzOnny, it depends on what you're doing with the server13:38
zOnnyreplaceafill: I need to get use of it13:38
replaceafillzOnny, i mean, what software you need to run on it13:39
replaceafillzOnny, how many users you plan to serve13:39
zOnnyreplaceafill: Oops! ttyl I am late for class13:39
replaceafillzOnny, kk13:39
zOnnyexit13:39
zOnnyexit()13:39
*** lelkneralfaro has joined #novawebdev13:42
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, are you around?14:08
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I am14:09
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, have time for a couple of questions?14:09
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, how do you feel?14:09
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, yes i do.  a little worse actually. but not terrible14:09
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, ouch, sorry to hear14:09
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i was wondering if you can contact Senda asking for the 2016 book14:10
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, it's not in the research website14:10
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, it's not so bad. just a light cold. just a nuisance14:10
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, and i'd like to know what projects got included14:10
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, sure I'll send her an email now14:10
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, thanks!14:11
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, second question is: how easy is for you to get to gallaudet?14:11
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, is it far from your place?14:11
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, not too far. it's not super convenient but not too bad of a trip. 14:12
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, about 25 minutes. 14:12
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, ah ok14:13
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, why do you ask?14:13
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, regarding my workflow comment from yesterday14:13
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, from inspecting the server logs, i'm noticing they're using clippr more than ARA14:14
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, would you like me to ask something about that?14:16
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, just a sec, looking at Susan's replies14:16
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool np14:16
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, sorry for the delay, was replying to Senda's issue14:40
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i asked her about our plan14:40
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, no problem. cool14:40
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, this is the reason i asked you about travelling to Gallaudet: https://gitlab.com/NOVAWeb_Gallaudet_ARA/ara/issues/3#note_10488911515:00
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, well, not the exact reason, but i assumed a visit would be needed15:00
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i *think* i understand the problem, but i'm having trouble communicating in their "domain language"15:01
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, like Senda keeps referring to the 2018 database15:01
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, it's a single database with data from several years!15:02
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, and the 2017 links here: https://research.gallaudet.edu/resources/ragu/15:02
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, can be changed very quickly once we know they don't need them anymore15:03
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, we talked about this with Kevin yesterday too15:03
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'm happy to make a trip if needed. should I go through all these conversations to try to understand the issues?15:04
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, yes please, just in case15:04
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, it seems like Kevin met with Senda yesterday15:04
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, alright. I'll read through it15:05
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, the feeding forms errors she refers to is issue #215:05
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, ok15:06
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev15:08
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, ping15:24
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, pong15:24
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'm not sure I understand the issue. 15:25
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, if there is only one database then the problem is that they don't have access to the database at all, correcT?15:25
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, no15:25
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, the problem is that they expect some projects to show15:26
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, available to be reviewed and included in this year book15:26
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, but some of the projects were included in last year book15:26
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, which make them unavailable for review15:27
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, so we need to "unhide" them15:27
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, ahh, two questions then:15:27
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, 1. why do you think she keep referring to it as "access to the database?" 15:28
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, 1. i think she's focusing on what the links say in the ARA page, let me send you a screenshot15:28
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, 2. do they have access, and are they just thinking they don't because they are not seeing the projects they expect to see?15:28
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, 2. correct15:35
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool. I realize that I repeated myself. just clarifying. 15:36
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, so, we need them to communicate to us what projects they want to see in this years book? it looks like you already know correct?15:37
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I'm not understanding the problem. seems like all you have to do is make the switch on those items. how could the meeting help?15:38
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, sorry, was answering Kevin's email15:39
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, np15:40
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, send just threw me off with this:15:40
replaceafillSenda*15:40
replaceafillProjects that were included in the 2016 book and were still ongoing at 2017-09-30 need to be set back to "awaiting for proofreading"15:40
replaceafillWE IGNORE THIS ONE. 2016-2017 ARE THE OLD RECORDS.15:40
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, as i said, there were some things included in last year's book that need to be reviewed again15:41
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, because the projects are still going15:41
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, or maybe they ended this year15:41
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, but from Senda's comment it seems like that's not the case15:42
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, seems like Kevin is meeting with them tomorrow afternoon15:42
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, cool. hopefully that clears things up15:43
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, yeah it seems to me she is saying two different things. in one place saying FY2017 items need to be changed to FY2018 and in another place saying that the old records are to be ignored.15:44
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, is that where your confusion is coming from?15:44
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, yes15:45
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I see... yes, that is confusing :D15:45
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i think it's just that i'm (we're) thinking too low level15:45
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, like technical stuff15:45
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, attributes on objects in a database15:45
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, she just want access to links with the info she needs15:45
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, she doesn't care how that's done15:46
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I agree with that for sure15:46
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, but because this is new to me and i have never been near Gallaudet15:46
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, i have no other way to communicate15:46
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, they say Clippr, all i see is a drupal module15:47
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, with the "clippr" string in it15:47
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, not even the repository is called that15:47
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, I see, yes that sounds confusing and frustrating. I suppose ubuntourist is the person to help clarify those sorts of questions. 15:48
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, yes15:50
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, alright I'm calling it quits and am going to lay in bed16:00
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, cool, get better16:00
lelkneralfaroreplaceafill, thanks. see you tomorrow16:00
replaceafilllelkneralfaro, see you16:00
*** jelkner has joined #novawebdev16:04
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev16:05
jelknerping replaceafill, mr_german 16:06
mr_germanjelkner, yes?16:07
jelknerisaac had a good meeting with President Weah yesteerday16:07
jelknerthings appear to be back on track16:07
replaceafilljelkner, pong16:07
jelknerthat's all16:08
jelkneri just wanted to share16:08
replaceafilljelkner, thanks16:09
replaceafilljelkner, hope to hear from him soon16:09
jelkner+116:16
mr_germanreplaceafill, I don't have idea, for this issue https://gitlab.com/novawebdevelopment/novawebdev-ams/issues/4416:21
mr_germanit needs django skills16:21
mr_german?16:21
replaceafillmr_german, yes16:21
replaceafillmr_german, it's about adding validation to the form16:22
replaceafillmr_german, just like what we discussed in tendenci's groups16:22
mr_germanah ok16:23
mr_germanbut16:23
mr_germani think i need to add forms.py to theme16:24
mr_german?16:24
mr_germanreplaceafill, right?16:24
replaceafillmr_german, i don't remember16:25
replaceafillmr_german, if you have to, you can override the url16:25
replaceafillmr_german, to use your form instead of helios'16:25
replaceafillmr_german, or change the link/button to redirect to your form instead16:26
replaceafillmr_german, i think we do something like that with the voters list16:26
mr_germanreplaceafill, but16:30
mr_germanchange urls on theme16:30
mr_germanrigh16:30
mr_germant16:30
mr_german?16:30
replaceafillmr_german, yes16:30
replaceafillmr_german, we can hang out if you want16:31
mr_germansure16:31
replaceafillzOnny, i can hang out now if you need to16:31
replaceafillmr_german, let me get my headset16:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: yes16:31
zOnnyreplaceafill: whenever you are ready16:36
zOnnyreplaceafill: I am leaving right now16:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will be back 15 min16:52
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev17:16
replaceafilljelkner, ping17:35
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://pastebin.com/eLqV2sZL i got this error now, when i try to run my instance17:40
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev17:41
replaceafillmr_german, frank works with tendenci717:42
replaceafillmr_german, you're in master, right?17:42
replaceafillmr_german, that's why i recommended your fixes to land in 7 first17:43
mr_germanreplaceafill, yes17:43
mr_germanok17:43
mr_germanreplaceafill, should i checkout to tendenci717:43
replaceafillmr_german, yes17:43
mr_germank17:44
replaceafillzOnny, want to talk now?17:44
zOnnyreplaceafill: sure17:44
replaceafillzOnny, i can't hear you17:45
zOnnyreplaceafill: me neither17:45
replaceafillzOnny, are you using a headset?17:46
replaceafillzOnny, i just had a hang out with mr_german and my audio worked17:46
replaceafillzOnny, so i'm assuming it's you17:46
zOnnyreplaceafill: checking17:46
replaceafillzOnny, nothing17:47
replaceafillzOnny, try different browser?17:48
zOnnyreplaceafill: this is weird17:48
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will try with firefox17:48
replaceafillzOnny, ok17:48
replaceafillzOnny, https://hangouts.google.com/call/FmCwwaOgT65s8zP_nMviAAEE17:48
replaceafillzOnny, still nothing17:49
zOnnyreplaceafill: nope17:49
replaceafillzOnny, i hear a beep :S17:49
replaceafillzOnny, i hear some noise17:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: I cannot hear anything17:50
replaceafillzOnny, share screen!17:50
replaceafillzOnny, to see your audio setup17:50
zOnnyreplaceafill: ok17:51
replaceafillzOnny, your mic seems disconected in the hangout17:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: I will reboot it17:51
replaceafillzOnny, ok17:51
zOnnyreplaceafill: My computer got frozen again17:52
replaceafillzOnny, too many vms!17:52
zOnnyreplaceafill: N17:52
*** zOnny has joined #novawebdev17:57
mjsir911!remind18:07
mjsir911!help18:07
Big_BrotherAvailable commands: !help, !ping, !remind18:07
mjsir911!help remind18:07
Big_BrotherRemind about events18:07
mjsir911!remind hi18:07
Big_Brother"hi" added to message queue18:07
mjsir911!remind18:07
Big_Brotherhi 18:07
mjsir911replaceafill: how to get into novawebdev webfactional server?18:10
mjsir911its not letting me input a password and im getting a private key denied18:10
mjsir911s/private/public18:10
replaceafillmjsir911, shared password is somewhere in the docs, let me look18:18
replaceafillmjsir911, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ap2O-_rtKRXl34yb1BT3vW4naW7Ko1AXYCs-x5iGFfI/edit#heading=h.8xa9vwisl23618:19
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://i.imgur.com/CTx4FrH.png18:25
mr_germantake a look18:26
mr_germanusing forms.py18:26
replaceafillmr_german, the "front-slashes" part is wrong18:26
replaceafillmr_german, i mean, in the message18:27
mr_germanyeah but, its using it from somewhere18:27
replaceafillmr_german, but +1 on doing it at the form level18:27
replaceafillmr_german, instead of the model18:28
mr_german;)18:28
replaceafillmr_german, i think that's valid in slugfields18:28
replaceafillmr_german, in general18:28
mr_germanwait18:28
replaceafillmr_german, but it breaks the user_group/urls in this case18:28
replaceafillmr_german, to understand it better18:28
mr_germanreplaceafill, https://pastebin.com/9PVceHDZ18:28
replaceafillmr_german, compare page/urls vs user_group/urls18:28
replaceafillmr_german, the part with the index views and its regular expressions18:29
replaceafillmr_german, you'll see the truth! ;)18:29
replaceafillmr_german, your slug_re should not include the \/ part18:29
replaceafillmr_german, but the approach should be similar18:30
mr_germanreplaceafill, but that's from tendenci18:30
mr_germanreplaceafill, not mine18:30
replaceafillmr_german, but it's for pages18:30
replaceafillmr_german, again18:30
replaceafillmr_german, compare the two urls modules18:30
mjsir911replaceafill: it is only allowing publickey login18:30
replaceafillmjsir911, if i understand correctly it's because ssh can't guarantee your key security18:31
replaceafillmjsir911, because some directory is set to 777 or something18:31
replaceafillmjsir911, i have a similar issue with the YHS server18:31
mjsir911is it my machine or theirs?18:31
replaceafillmjsir911, server18:32
mjsir911what to do?18:32
replaceafillmjsir911, live with it? :)18:32
replaceafillmjsir911, not sure how to fix it18:32
mjsir911I gotta get in for checking big brother18:32
replaceafillmjsir911, wait18:32
replaceafillmjsir911, can't you access with that user/password in the doc?18:32
mjsir911its not prompting for username18:33
mjsir911s/username/password18:33
replaceafillmjsir911, https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/15138/how-to-force-ssh-client-to-use-only-password-auth18:34
mjsir911ty18:34
replaceafillmjsir911, never done it but worth a try18:34
mjsir911oops I think i triggered a brute force thing: ssh: connect to host novawebdevelopment.org port 22: Connection refused18:35
replaceafillmjsir911, wait18:36
replaceafillmjsir911, novawebdevelopment.org is the ams server18:36
replaceafillmjsir911, which is linode18:36
replaceafillmjsir911, you want webfaction18:36
replaceafillmjsir911, you want irclogs.novawebdevelopment.org18:36
mjsir911woops18:36
mjsir911thanks18:36
mjsir911that works18:37
replaceafillmjsir911, great18:37
replaceafillACTION signs off for the day18:57
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev20:22
jelkner!help20:24
Big_BrotherAvailable commands: !help, !ping, !remind20:24
jelkner!remind20:24
Big_Brotherhi 20:24
*** mr_german has joined #novawebdev20:46
*** mjsir911 has joined #novawebdev21:38

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!